• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have the picks to add to Goff in a trade package?

I know they traded a lot to get Ramsey.

They don't have their 1st, 4th, or 5th this year or the 4th next year. So, probably not lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, other than not being able to block anyone and not having anyone who can catch, the Jets offense was pretty good. lol

What also hurt him was that Gase was supposed to be some kind of "quarterback whisperer" and he actually caused him to regress. I think it was Tannehill who became a Pro Bowl QB after Gase left.

The Jets WRs were injured quite a bit (as was Darnold). Crowder is a great slot receiver, Mims is a raw rookie but has a lot of upside, and Perriman had a resurgence the year prior but missed a lot of time this year and is now a free agent. They definitely need to add a true #1 (or draft one), but Crowder and Mims should be a solid base. It will be tough to get a top free agent WR without a better situation at QB, so they are likely to hit that in the draft or via trade. Top guys on the FA market are Golladay, Godwin, JuJu, Allen Robinson, Marvin Jones and Corey Davis IMO. Antonio Brown is out there, but who knows what to make of him at this point (and he clearly isn't going to the Jets). Some sleepers out there too, like Keelan Cole, Kendrick Bourne, Curtis Samuel, etc. Fuller is a tough call with his injury history, as is AC Green.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 6-7 teams that shouldn't be interested.....

Mayfield had a good season but he's been up and down since he's been with the Browns.

You can rule out a few teams just because of how all this has gone down I’m sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than 6-7 and talking about teams that are locked in with this QB next year. Mayfield was a top 10-12 QB last year, he isn’t going anywhere. The Browns have other needs to address

GB - Rodgers
TB - Brady (pretty sure he said he wasn’t retiring)
Seattle - Wilson
KC - Mahomes
Buffalo - Allen
BAL - Lamar
CLE - Mayfield
Zona - Kyler
LAC - Herbert
Cincy - Burrow
TEN - Tannehill
JAX - Lawrence (will throw them in there since they have the #1)

If Rodgers wants out? Still a bit of a tough sell given Watson's complaints with the Texans. Similar reasons for ARod's frustration really.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes had 4 head coaches and 4 offensive systems. lol.

next year will be the first year he is in the same offense and in the same system. He came to a team that was 1-15, and 0-16 before he got there.

the 2nd half of the season his QBR was like #5 in the NFL. He beat the Pittsburgh Steelers twice in the same season!!!

trust me- no one but Baker Mayfield is going to be the starting QB for the Browns for a VERY long time unless he is injured.

All of those are impressive except for the Steelers bit. They really full all over themselves down the stretch.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have their 1st, 4th, or 5th this year or the 4th next year. So, probably not lol.
They should be trying to get Stafford then.....he's not a bad plan B. And better than Goff.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodgers wants out? Still a bit of a tough sell given Watson's complaints with the Texans. Similar reasons for ARod's frustration really.
It sounds like he wants to stay but who knows with rumors. Sounds like he wants his contract restructured

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Houston GM doesn't sound like he wants to trade him......LOL.
True but I feel like this is another situation of what is he supposed to say. Remember Rockets management saying he is a Rocket and we don’t want to trade him. Idk apparently he hasn’t talked to management, all it takes is one conversation to turn the tables around and him being on the trade market

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but I feel like this is another situation of what is he supposed to say. Remember Rockets management saying he is a Rocket and we don’t want to trade him. Idk apparently he hasn’t talked to management, all it takes is one conversation to turn the tables around and him being on the trade market
Maybe, they better not be playing hardball....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those are impressive except for the Steelers bit. They really full all over themselves down the stretch.
might not be impressive to a fan outside of Cleveland- but inside of Cleveland thats all some people care about. Like tOSU beating That Team Up North.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 @Shanemansj13

The Athletic published their top 100 MLB prospects.

Tribe has 6 in the top 100.

This is the best Cleveland farm system in a long a time. Hernandez and Rosario were decent pickups too. I am cautiously optimistic right now.

I expect them to be fairly decent this year--- maybe more so if the young starting pitching stays consistent throughout the year. I really dont have much faith in Mercado---- tbh i actually like Zimmer more and think he might be able to finally put it together.

they really should try and extend Bieber and Jose. Give the fans something. If they could do that---- and then let this team develop- i think there will only be a year or maybe 2 where they fall off a little bit. There are a lot of reinforcements in the pipeline.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 @Shanemansj13

The Athletic published their top 100 MLB prospects.

Tribe has 6 in the top 100.

This is the best Cleveland farm system in a long a time. Hernandez and Rosario were decent pickups too. I am cautiously optimistic right now.

I expect them to be fairly decent this year--- maybe more so if the young starting pitching stays consistent throughout the year. I really dont have much faith in Mercado---- tbh i actually like Zimmer more and think he might be able to finally put it together.

they really should try and extend Bieber and Jose. Give the fans something. If they could do that---- and then let this team develop- i think there will only be a year or maybe 2 where they fall off a little bit. There are a lot of reinforcements in the pipeline.
Yep they seem to always build up the farm system well then have a great division run...just not enough to win it all. The 3-1 is a real stinger, although their strategy seems to be pretty goof considering they don’t go in all tank mode. Hard to do much with a cheap ass owner. Cmon Gilbert buy the Indians!! Lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they seem to always build up the farm system well then have a great division run...just not enough to win it all. The 3-1 is a real stinger, although their strategy seems to be pretty goof considering they don’t go in all tank mode. Hard to do much with a cheap ass owner. Cmon Gilbert buy the Indians!! Lol
*good

Can’t type on my damn phone!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to some his pockets are bottomless...