• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"needed to hold Gilbert's feet to the fire"? You keep saying it's a chicken and egg thing, but Gilbert proved every year (with and without Lebron) he would never let spending stop him from making a move to help the team. The guy paid for Baron Davis' contract when they had no shot of winning to get the pick that became Kyrie.

3rd contract after the title? He signed a 1+1 when he came back. won the title after year 2, the title year, then signed the 2+1 (his first deal after the title).

and he stayed as many years in Cleveland as he did in Miami with his 4 years right off the bat deal. also has returned to Cleveland. Has not returned to Miami.

Never mind your "logic" is beyond absurd (or dumb if you prefer). He would not agree to stay if they signed PG, which proves Gilbert will still go all out, because he needs Gilbert to prove he'll still go all out?

He proved every year until he traded Kyrie you mean.

It doesn’t matter what he spent that year. He didn’t do everything in his power to put a winning team team around LeBron in 2018.

That is the point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"needed to hold Gilbert's feet to the fire"? You keep saying it's a chicken and egg thing, but Gilbert proved every year (with and without Lebron) he would never let spending stop him from making a move to help the team. The guy paid for Baron Davis' contract when they had no shot of winning to get the pick that became Kyrie.

3rd contract after the title? He signed a 1+1 when he came back. won the title after year 2, the title year, then signed the 2+1 (his first deal after the title).

and he stayed as many years in Cleveland as he did in Miami with his 4 years right off the bat deal. also has returned to Cleveland. Has not returned to Miami.

Never mind your "logic" is beyond absurd (or dumb if you prefer). He would not agree to stay if they signed PG, which proves Gilbert will still go all out, because he needs Gilbert to prove he'll still go all out?

And there you go again.

Such a clown.

Just because someone disagrees with you, it doesn’t make their logic “absurd”.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To avoid being banned again I will let you get the last word in our discussion. Unless, of course, you just need that power you get from a ban then have at it. Always said I'm a team player for you.

More of your typical bullshit when you are wrong and can't bring yourself to admit it. You're as bad as Wiggy with your irrational homerism.

As for being banned again. How about you just leave on your own?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He proved every year until he traded Kyrie you mean.

It doesn’t matter what he spent that year. He didn’t do everything in his power to put a winning team team around LeBron in 2018.

That is the point.
Just curious. Do you have anything other than baseless opinions to offer? worse is not just baseless, but also don't make a lot of sense considering the other circumstances.

You don't know that there were better offers he/they declined. Seems everyone knew Kyrie needed another surgery on his knee and, whoa, he had a surgery on his knee. New team went further without him than with the following year and Cavs went just as far without him as they did with him previous season.

#factscanbeyourfriendifyoudon'tignorethem

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you go again.

Such a clown.

Just because someone disagrees with you, it doesn’t make their logic “absurd”.
Ignoring facts and offering baseless opinions is what makes your "logic" absurd. If you prefer dumb that's OK, too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious. Do you have anything other than baseless opinions to offer? worse is not just baseless, but also don't make a lot of sense considering the other circumstances.

You don't know that there were better offers he/they declined. Seems everyone knew Kyrie needed another surgery on his knee and, whoa, he had a surgery on his knee. New team went further without him than with the following year and Cavs went just as far without him as they did with him previous season.

#factscanbeyourfriendifyoudon'tignorethem

It is my opinion.

And no, it isn’t baseless. The logic is sound to the neutral parties on here not blinded by extreme homerism and an unnatural love of Dan Gilbert.

Then again, compared to your other 2 Cleveland owners, Gilbert probably does seem god like, so I guess I get that part.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's requested a trade officially.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Texans aren't the worst run franchise in sports right now...they're in the convo. They fucked things up with DeShaun Watson so badly, it's almost like they did it on purpose.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't see that happening. The Texans are such a well run organization.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Texans aren't the worst run franchise in sports right now...they're in the convo. They fucked things up with DeShaun Watson so badly, it's almost like they did it on purpose.
Here's hoping they're bad enough to want Goff back in return (with picks) to send Watson to the Rams...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping they're bad enough to want Goff back in return (with picks) to send Watson to the Rams...
Combined with that defense, they'd be the faves to come out of the NFC.

One of my closest friends is a Rams fan. Therefore, this must never happen because I don't want to hear himk talking shit. lol

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the new Jets/Browns.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have the picks to add to Goff in a trade package?

I know they traded a lot to get Ramsey.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak brought up a good point.....

The Browns would be better with Watson, offer Mayfield and 2 1st rounders.....he's an upgrade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak brought up a good point.....

The Browns would be better with Watson, offer Mayfield and 2 1st rounders.....he's an upgrade.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Jets do with that #2 pick. Robert Saleh didn't come out and say "Darnold's my quarterback". But he does seem to really like him.

They could trade the #2 pick and Darnold in a package for Watson, they could keep it and take Fields and trade Darnold, or they could decide to keep Darnold and trade the #2 pick for more picks and actually start building a real football team. Heck, they could even draft Fields, keep Darnold and let them battle it out.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting to see what the Jets do with that #2 pick. Robert Saleh didn't come out and say "Darnold's my quarterback". But he does seem to really like him.

They could trade the #2 pick and Darnold in a package for Watson, they could keep it and take Fields and trade Darnold, or they could decide to keep Darnold and trade the #2 pick for more picks and actually start building a real football team. Heck, they could even draft Fields, keep Darnold and let them battle it out.
I think they could trade down and get more picks if Miami or Carolina gets Watson.....Carolina is a real sleeper in the Watson sweepstakes right now.