• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit if you can get 3 1st’s for Carr...flip those picks for Watson and give them a young defensive player. Jets and Dolphins just have the most valuable picks adding in those #2 and #3 picks though

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit if you can get 3 1st’s for Carr...flip those picks for Watson and give them a young defensive player. Jets and Dolphins just have the most valuable picks adding in those #2 and #3 picks though
im saying get one first for car---and maybe something else

and then flip 2 of your own firsts and the first from Carr for Watson.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im saying get one first for car---and maybe something else

and then flip 2 of your own firsts and the first from Carr for Watson.
Ohh I thought the rumor was teams woyld give 3 1st’s lol. I mean you might can acquire 2, Lions got 2 for Stafford

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty Schottenheimer moved to hospice.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Bauer to the Dodgers....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, but this is prime example of the good ole boys network in the NFL.

This dude was literally in prison before. I am all for 2nd chances for people in general, but this guy clearly is not deserving of an NFL coaching position.

For those who think institutional racism is a myth, this is how it works. People in power fill open positions with people they are comfortable with. Most often, this is people they already know and have prior relationships with. When the people in power are mostly white males, they tend to hire other white males to a disproportional degree. Because that is who they are most comfortable with.

That doesn’t mean the owners are overtly racist, but the system is set up to favor white males because that is always where the power has lied. The Rooney rule is a start, but it still can’t completely level the playing field.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but this is prime example of the good ole boys network in the NFL.

This dude was literally in prison before. I am all for 2nd chances for people in general, but this guy clearly is not deserving of an NFL coaching position.

For those who think institutional racism is a myth, this is how it works. People in power fill open positions with people they are comfortable with. Most often, this is people they already know and have prior relationships with. When the people in power are mostly white males, they tend to hire other white males to a disproportional degree. Because that is who they are most comfortable with.

That doesn’t mean the owners are overtly racist, but the system is set up to favor white males because that is always where the power has lied. The Rooney rule is a start, but it still can’t completely level the playing field.
I personally am tired of a persons race being brought up every time they mess up. It’s not fair to anyone regardless of the circumstances.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally am tired of a persons race being brought up every time they mess up. It’s not fair to anyone regardless of the circumstances.

Well, get used to it.

In this case, he didn’t get hired because he was white, he got hired because he is Andy Reid’s son.

But how many breaks did Andy Reid get before he had his first chance? Would he have gotten those same breaks if he was black?

Maybe, maybe not. But it definitely would have been less likely if he was black.

And that is a problem.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, get used to it.

In this case, he didn’t get hired because he was white, he got hired because he is Andy Reid’s son.

But how many breaks did Andy Reid get before he had his first chance? Would he have gotten those same breaks if he was black?

Maybe, maybe not. But it definitely would have been less likely if he was black.

And that is a problem.
tlance nailing it once again.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole lot of stupid out there, some guy in PA killed 2 of his neighbors over a snow blowing incident and himself when the cops showed up at his door.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, get used to it.

And that is a problem.
You are entitled to your opinion, and I can disagree. I find it appealing that race is even mentioned most of the time and I’d be willing to bet a guy like Mike Tomlin agrees with me.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole lot of stupid out there, some guy in PA killed 2 of his neighbors over a snow blowing incident and himself when the cops showed up at his door.
Yes things are nuts that’s for sure.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People in power fill open positions with people they are comfortable with. Most often, this is people they already know and have prior relationships with. When the people in power are mostly white males, they tend to hire other white males to a disproportional degree. Because that is who they are most comfortable with.
That's not racism. It's normal human behavior.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not racism. It's normal human behavior.

That is the definition of institutional racism.

It isn’t intentional. It is even active discrimination.

White people disproportionally hold positions of power because they always have. So other whites people tend to have an upper hand.

Really not that hard to understand.