• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Culley is the example. Career assistant, never been a DC or OC, but was a token hire.

Bienemy still not a HC.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Letwich, good OC and no HC job offers.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m confident none of those guys are being denied opportunity purely because of their race. I just hate this discussion honestly, it’s not fair to anyone. Good coaches are good coaches and bad coaches are bad coaches. Was Marvin Lewis a good coach? How did he keep his job so long? Bad franchise is the answer but race is always brought up when it shouldn’t be.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m confident none of those guys are being denied opportunity purely because of their race. I just hate this discussion honestly, it’s not fair to anyone. Good coaches are good coaches and bad coaches are bad coaches. Was Marvin Lewis a good coach? How did he keep his job so long? Bad franchise is the answer but race is always brought up when it shouldn’t be.

Nobody is claiming that they are being denied an opportunity because of race.

You hear the word racism in the term “institutional racism” and you are bringing preconceived notions of what regular racism means to you.

Perhaps it would be better if the term was renamed altogether. It does not have at all the same meaning as ordinary racism. It is merely a term describing the intrinsic disadvantage people of color face in American society because of the institutions (IE long standing traditions) that exist.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is claiming that they are being denied an opportunity because of race.

You hear the word racism in the term “institutional racism” and you are bringing preconceived notions of what regular racism means to you.

Perhaps it would be better if the term was renamed altogether. It does not have at all the same meaning as ordinary racism. It is merely a term describing the intrinsic disadvantage people of color face in American society because of the institutions (IE long standing traditions) that exist.
I understand full well what you are saying and the differences. I have two degrees and I worked to pay for 100 percent of both of them. I’m tired of the race stuff and I think everyone should be. I see people of all races do well and also piss away opportunities. We all have to do the best we can with what we are dealt.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not what it is. It's hiring who know and who you know can get the job done. The first thing virtually anyone does when they are in a position to hire people is think "Who do I know who can do the job?" People do that because they believe they will work better together with someone they know..

By your logic, if a white person hires a black person because they know them and believe they can work well together, that's not "institutional racism", but if he hires another white person for the same reason, it is.

Lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, that is what it is though.

Odds are stacked against people of color because there aren’t as many in position to make those decisions.

That is literally what that term means. That is institutional racism.

You are just having trouble with the word racism. It isn’t the same as intentional overt acts of racism.
That isn’t racism, plain and simple, that is the wrong with the world today. If a black or mexican person doesn’t get the gig over a white guy, it’s racism. No, it isn’t. People need to grow up and stop being so sensitive these days. What about when a black or mexican person gets hired and the white guy doesn’t...racism doesn’t get questioned at all. Stupid logic imo...everything is labeled racism these days.

I usually don’t even get into this topic but it seems to always come up, now more than ever. Is there racism out there? Of course, to every race.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t racism, plain and simple, that is the wrong with the world today. If a black or mexican person doesn’t get the gig over a white guy, it’s racism. No, it isn’t. People need to grow up and stop being so sensitive these days. What about when a black or mexican person gets hired and the white guy doesn’t...racism doesn’t get questioned at all. Stupid logic imo...everything is labeled racism these days.

I usually don’t even get into this topic but it seems to always come up, now more than ever. Is there racism out there? Of course, to every race.

It isn’t racism in the traditional sense.

It is American institutions embedded in our culture that provide an advantage to certain populations ahead of others.

That is all it is.

I will never understand why people get offended when this gets pointed out. Nobody is calling anyone else a racist here.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t racism in the traditional sense.

It is American institutions embedded in our culture that provide an advantage to certain populations ahead of others.

That is all it is.

I will never understand why people get offended when this gets pointed out. Nobody is calling anyone else a racist here.
I’ll tell you why people get upset. Because we know what we went through to get where we are. No one gave me shit, I was the first in my family to go to college and I busted my ass. And maybe, just maybe I saw people of all races get chances along the way and piss them away. This is a message board so we all can choose not to participate if we don’t want to. But in my personal life don’t anyone come tell me how fn easy I’ve had it compared to anyone else and I don’t give a shit who you are talking about.
That clear it up for you a little?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll tell you why people get upset. Because we know what we went through to get where we are. No one gave me shit, I was the first in my family to go to college and I busted my ass. And maybe, just maybe I saw people of all races get chances along the way and piss them away. This is a message board so we all can choose not to participate if we don’t want to. But in my personal life don’t anyone come tell me how fn easy I’ve had it compared to anyone else and I don’t give a shit who you are talking about.
That clear it up for you a little?

Nobody is saying that you had it easy or that you aren’t deserving of what you have worked for. That is not it at all.

Britt Reid isn’t. He got there anyway. He might be good at his job, but he also has a rap sheet that would have disqualified him if he wasn’t Andy’s son.

Pointing out that inequalities exist is not a personal attack against member of the dominant culture. And if you choose to take it that way, that is on you.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying that you had it easy or that you aren’t deserving of what you have worked for. That is not it at all.

Britt Reid isn’t. He got there anyway. He might be good at his job, but he also has a rap sheet that would have disqualified him if he wasn’t Andy’s son.

Pointing out that inequalities exist is not a personal attack against member of the dominant culture. And if you choose to take it that way, that is on you.
And I could give you thousands of examples of people of any race being given ipportunities others didn’t get and they may or may not have deserved them and they may or may not have taken advantage of them. Just open a damn newspaper, it’s in there every single day. Thanks for letting me decide how I choose to look at things though.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Harrison Barnes be a good pick up for the Celtics? I like he much more than JJ Reddick and he is cheaper and has a two year deal I believe

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's bullshit is what it is. It infers that racism is the issue without considering any other factors. There are all kinds of reasons that can explain the discrepancy that have nothing to do with race. Yet, those are never brought up or addressed.

In fact, I've mentioned one that looks like a big reason every time this subject has come up. Never gets addressed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bullshit is what it is. It infers that racism is the issue without considering any other factors. There are all kinds of reasons that can explain the discrepancy that have nothing to do with race. Yet, those are never brought up or addressed.

In fact, I've mentioned one that looks like a big reason every time this subject has come up. Never gets addressed.

Every post you have made on this topic proves you still have no idea what institutional racism is.

So I am done trying to explain it you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I could give you thousands of examples of people of any race being given ipportunities others didn’t get and they may or may not have deserved them and they may or may not have taken advantage of them. Just open a damn newspaper, it’s in there every single day. Thanks for letting me decide how I choose to look at things though.

Of course that is true!

However, since white males dominate positions of power, guess what the end result is?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every post you have made on this topic proves you still have no idea what institutional racism is.

So I am done trying to explain it you.

I don't need you to explain anything to me.

And you can drop the typical liberal condescension.

Someone not agreeing with you doesn't make them wrong or mean they need anything "explained" to them.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course that is true!

However, since white males dominate positions of power, guess what the end result is?
People having a hell of a lot of opportunities is what I see. Sure there are silver spoon people, I laugh at those people.