• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need you to explain anything to me.

And you can drop the typical liberal condescension.

Someone not agreeing with you doesn't make them wrong or mean they need anything "explained" to them.

You are literally disagreeing with a definition of a term.

You can disagree whether it exists I guess, but you can’t argue with a definition. That is what you are doing. And totally misconstruing the idea.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are literally disagreeing with a definition of a term.

No, I'm not. I'm disagreeing with your application of it. You are trying to apply it to a situation where it more than likely doesn't exist because you don't like the numbers. You haven't even presented any other possibility besides institutional racism.

As I have pointed out and you have ignored, there are a lot of reasons for the discrepancy that have absolutely nothing to do with race.

Additionally, the numbers of coaches of any color tend fluctuate year to year because of hirings and firings which are virtually always performance based. If a coach isn't getting the job done, he's not going to keep his job for very long. If he is getting the job done, he'll keep his job for a long time. His skin color has nothing to do with it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm not. I'm disagreeing with your application of it. You are trying to apply it to a situation where it more than likely doesn't exist because you don't like the numbers. You haven't even presented any other possibility besides institutional racism.

As I have pointed out and you have ignored, there are a lot of reasons for the discrepancy that have absolutely nothing to do with race.

Additionally, the numbers of coaches of any color tend fluctuate year to year because of hirings and firings which are virtually always performance based. If a coach isn't getting the job done, he's not going to keep his job for very long. If he is getting the job done, he'll keep his job for a long time. His skin color has nothing to do with it.

Of course that is true.

No individual coaching decision is made on race. I have stated that pretty clearly in here. Britt Reid wasn’t hired because he was white either.

The point is that white coaches absolutely get more opportunities at the NFL level.

The reason for that is pretty straight forward.

Institutional racism studies don’t say that white people get hired over superior black candidates. When the best candidate is black, they tend to get the job. When the candidates are equal though? A very different story.

NFL head coaching searches usually come down to all highly qualified candidates. And the trends clearly show white coaches getting more of those jobs than equally qualified black coaches do.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course that is true.

No individual coaching decision is made on race. I have stated that pretty clearly in here. Britt Reid wasn’t hired because he was white either.

The point is that white coaches absolutely get more opportunities at the NFL level.

Institutional racism studies don’t say that white people get hired over superior black candidates. When the best candidate is black, they tend to get the job. When the candidates are equal though? A very different story.

NFL head coaching searches usually come down to all highly qualified candidates. And the trends clearly show white coaches getting more of those jobs than equally qualified black coaches do.
Bullshit, qualifications are in the eye of the beholder. Every business worth a shit wants to be as good as they can be. In the NFL that applies to everyone but the Bengals, who kept an absolutely horrible head coach forever. One that just happened to be black.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it isn't pretty straight forward.

Trends also show that more and more black former players are choosing to stay involved in ways other than coaching. But you ignore those because they don't fit your narrative.

If there are more white people and white former players that are interested in getting into coaching than there are black people and black former players that are interested...you are going to have more white coaches. But again, doesn't fit your narrative, so you ignore it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't pretty straight forward.

Trends also show that more and more black former players are choosing to stay involved in ways other than coaching. But you ignore those because they don't fit your narrative.

If there are more white people and white former players that are interested in getting into coaching than there are black people and black former players that are interested...you are going to have more white coaches. But again, doesn't fit your narrative, so you ignore it.

We are talking about NFL head coaching positions here.

2 out of 30 are black.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 out of 30 are black.
So what? Have you examined each and every hire? If I own a company you or no one else is going to tell me who to hire. Maybe Ive been in the trenches with someone and know how hard they work. It’s a disservice to everyone to tell anyone who to hire. Word gets out that a guy is an up and comer and won’t leave the film room or whatever he has to do to stand out, the issue will take care of itself. You can’t tell people what to do, period.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 out of 30 are black.

And?

There have also been many years when there were more than 2 black head coaches. As I said, the number of coaches of any color changes every year with hirings and firings. Perhaps there weren't as many black coaches who are ready to be a head coach as there have been in the past.

But hey, at least you're sticking to your narrative and ignoring the many, non-race related reasons.

So you have that going for you.

Whether you like it or not, there are many black former players who are choosing to go into occupations other than coaching. There are also black former coaches who are choosing to leave coaching for other occupations. Considering the hours and horrible life/work balance for most NFL coaches...I'd say they're smart for choosing other occupations.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? Have you examined each and every hire? If I own a company you or no one else is going to tell me who to hire. Maybe Ive been in the trenches with someone and know how hard they work. It’s a disservice to everyone to tell anyone who to hire. Word gets out that a guy is an up and comer and won’t leave the film room or whatever he has to do to stand out, the issue will take care of itself. You can’t tell people what to do, period.

You're right. We can't tell people what to do but what we can do is find something wrong with it if we choose to.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. We can't tell people what to do but what we can do is find something wrong with it if we choose to.
Yes you can, but trust me no one wants to lose. Except the bengals.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you can, but trust me no one wants to lose. Except the bengals.

I don't think Lewis was a bad hire. Problem the Bengals did is kept him on too long. Had the Bengals got rid of him in 2015 after losing another home playoffs game this following a 12-4 season then the criticism of the Bengals wouldn't have happen. There was no reason for him to be there 3 additional seasons after that