• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB trade deadline 2012

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) He was actually recruited as a short stop, moved to outfield, somehow messed up his arm, and then settled at 1B to 'limit' the wear and tear on his bum arm during his Freshmen season. Then had the injury fixed in the college OS. I think they kept him at first because if it wasn't broken why fix it? Once he got into the Mariners system their infield instructors said EFFF that, this kid's D will be wasted there and switched him to 2B. He's already posted 1.2 dWAR this year.

2. I'm not going not pretend to know much about Seattle, but I do know they don't crucify their struggling rookies like SF tends to. That team sucks, and the media and fans cling to the hope that they will all click together eventually. Tearing them down serves no purpose, cause whether or not they do struggle, the team is so bad that they will still lose.

3. Dunno. Maybe Hector, possibly Hembree. But that's for League and Ackley.

Nice, rep'd...

Ackley would not be a target for today/tomorrow. He would be more of an off-season target, so a League combo doesn't make much sense...

I could see a Belt/Panik for Ackley/B+ guy, though... Swap MLB flounderers and the Gs toss in a prospect upgrade/Ackley replacement.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice, rep'd...

Ackley would not be a target for today/tomorrow. He would be more of an off-season target, so a League combo doesn't make much sense...

I could see a Belt/Panik for Ackley/B+ guy, though... Swap MLB flounderers and the Gs toss in a prospect upgrade/Ackley replacement.

Panik has me perplexed. Like Brown, I was ready to drop any fan attachment I had for him. But now he's joined Brown on his late season race to .300. Kid pulled his BA out of the .238 gutter and is at .275 now after a hot July. I kind of like the fact that they both struggled and had to adjust.

That being said, i would do Belt/Panik for Ackley/Franklin

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panik has me perplexed. Like Brown, I was ready to drop any fan attachment I had for him. But now he's joined Brown on his late season race to .300. Kid pulled his BA out of the .238 gutter and is at .275 now after a hot July. I kind of like the fact that they both struggled and had to adjust.

That being said, i would do Belt/Panik for Ackley/Franklin

Totally agree with this sentiment!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers Acquire Shane Victorino: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Now that the Dodgers have grabbed Hanley Ramirez, Brandon League and Shane Victorino, the Giants have to get Chris Perez and Shin-Soo Choo. All of the Pence, Mourneau and Soriano talk was just smoke and mirrors. Come on, Sabes. Go get the best players for the park, the division, future and marketing!

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers Acquire Shane Victorino: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Now that the Dodgers have grabbed Hanley Ramirez, Brandon League and Shane Victorino, the Giants have to get Chris Perez and Shin-Soo Choo. All of the Pence, Mourneau and Soriano talk was just smoke and mirrors. Come on, Sabes. Go get the best players for the park, the division, future and marketing!

I was about to post that if they don't make a deal like that (a good bat and a quality BP arm, not just depth moves) this season is over.

But then I thought about August 2010. So the question is, can we count on guys that should be helping us finally helping us? Timmy and Belt and Pagan mainly....Panda coming back...would that be enough?

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was about to post that if they don't make a deal like that (a good bat and a quality BP arm, not just depth moves) this season is over.

But then I thought about August 2010. So the question is, can we count on guys that should be helping us finally helping us? Timmy and Belt and Pagan mainly....Panda coming back...would that be enough?

Vic is not even that good, neither is Hanley, but they're replacing utter garbage. The real problem is the hated ones just got at least average at every position on the field.

ChinMusic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reportedly does not include Belt, Brown, or Crick.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
JimBowdenESPNxm
Hunter Pence deal with the Giants does not include Gary Brown, Brandon Belt or Kyle Crick according to Philies source

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Joseph is the word for Pence