• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Pettine: Russell Wilson is not a top tier QB

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the games, then report what you have seen.
Seen them all. I'm reporting what I am seeing. Watch his deep drops in the last four games and report what you have seen.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silverado 4x4. 8 foot bed. Extended cab. Very muddy. I don't Euro trash, whether it be automobiles, hockey players of basketball players.

Heh, you're digging that hole deeper as you go. Nice.

What brand shovel are you using? Something American I bet!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another blown up media creation for clicks.

Is it really a diss to say he's not top 4 in the NFL? If that gets Hawks fans riled up or provides more incentive for SEA...sobeit. RW is playing great the past month...imo at a level he has not shown in the past...keep that up and I think Wilson remove all doubt that he's a top 4 QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen them all. I'm reporting what I am seeing. Watch his deep drops in the last four games and report what you have seen.

Yeah. What I see is a pocket almost free of pressure for 4 seconds.

I see a QB is is absolutely destroying blitzes right(158 rating against the blitz in the last 4 games) because his blockers are still giving 3 seconds and letting him get the ball to the open man.

That's what I see.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, he's right. Wilson is great, but I wouldn't put him in the top tier with guys who have been doing it longer than he has.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, he's right. Wilson is great, but I wouldn't put him in the top tier with guys who have been doing it longer than he has.

I agree. I was saying the same thing about Andrew Luck last year when everyone was anointing him the best QB in the league not named Aaron Rodgers. Not so much these days.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just impossible to quantify

Russel Wilson "should be" a 2 time SB winning QB, and even if you rank guys ahead of him, Drew Brees for example, I dont think for a second that Brees is duplicating the success Wilson is having in Seattle

Some guys just fit their teams perfectly, and if Im a Seattle fan, there isnt a QB in the game i would rather leading my team, after what ive watched this team accomplish under his leadership since he entered the league....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gladly. When I report inaccuracies, please remind me to watch the game. You were inaccurate. I reminded you. I expect the same treatment back.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just impossible to quantify

Russel Wilson "should be" a 2 time SB winning QB, and even if you rank guys ahead of him, Drew Brees for example, I dont think for a second that Brees is duplicating the success Wilson is having in Seattle

Some guys just fit their teams perfectly, and if Im a Seattle fan, there isnt a QB in the game i would rather leading my team, after what ive watched this team accomplish under his leadership since he entered the league....

There was a good article about Wilson and the OL a week or so ago. When the OL was really struggling, Wilson ALWAYS took responsibility and never threw them under the bus. Several of the linemen commented about how much they respected that and how it pushed them to improve.

That's the kinda story that talks about things fans often don't about.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a good article about Wilson and the OL a week or so ago. When the OL was really struggling, Wilson ALWAYS took responsibility and never threw them under the bus. Several of the linemen commented about how much they respected that and how it pushed them to improve.

That's the kinda story that talks about things fans often don't about.

Sure, and from an on the field standpoint, all the guys we would rank ahead of Wilson, are statues back there, and when their Olines are awful, its gonna be magnified far more than with Wilson

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, you're digging that hole deeper as you go. Nice.

What brand shovel are you using? Something American I bet!
I really don't know what the brand name of the shovel is but I have a flat tip and a rounded tip, depending on the job at hand.

if if it is something really big - I have a Cabela's 35 HP tractor with a backhoe attachment. And of course it have a Winchester .30-30 mounted to the cab frame just incase something tasty wanders along.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. What I see is a pocket almost free of pressure for 4 seconds.

I see a QB is is absolutely destroying blitzes right(158 rating against the blitz in the last 4 games) because his blockers are still giving 3 seconds and letting him get the ball to the open man.

That's what I see.

Thomas Rawls was picking up blitzes well, most of the time. If you are expecting Christina Michele to have similar success, you are going to be disappointed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas Rawls was picking up blitzes well, most of the time. If you are expecting Christina Michele to have similar success, you are going to be disappointed.

I highly doubt we will see Michael in the backfield much and if we do, it won't be on blitzing downs.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL was a complete mess until about week 10 or 11, but I guess we'll just totally discount that part. Palmer would have been on IR before Halloween with this line. You can say "MVP Palmer" all you want, but we're still talking about a mid-30s QB who has NEVER won a playoff game.

The one thing about Russell is you'd think he'd be able to compensate for a bad O-line better than others. Instead, he took a ton of sacks, many that were his fault. So I'm not sure you can just blame 9 weeks of uninspiring QB play on everyone else.

MVPalmer refers to the regular season MVP THIS YEAR. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing about Russell is you'd think he'd be able to compensate for a bad O-line better than others. Instead, he took a ton of sacks, many that were his fault. So I'm not sure you can just blame 9 weeks of uninspiring QB play on everyone else..

He does compensate for poor oline play, he's been doing it for most of his career if you hadn't noticed. Including the 1st 9 games of the year. But he can do only so much, and the line was exceptionally bad in the start of the year. There is not a QB in the league that would outplayed Wilson behind that line, even considering the "many" sacks he moved in to. Any QB would have bad sacks behind that much pressure. But I doubt they would have lead to a better record, and probably would have gotten hurt.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt we will see Michael in the backfield much and if we do, it won't be on blitzing downs.
Well, at least not successfully...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing about Russell is you'd think he'd be able to compensate for a bad O-line better than others. Instead, he took a ton of sacks, many that were his fault. So I'm not sure you can just blame 9 weeks of uninspiring QB play on everyone else.

MVPalmer refers to the regular season MVP THIS YEAR. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Wilson often holds the ball way to long and is the main reason for so many of the sacks. just because a guy is elusive and can avoid pressure doesn't mean he isn't also the cause for many of the sacks. Marino sure wasn't elusive but he knew how to get rid of the ball...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson often holds the ball way to long and is the main reason for so many of the sacks. just because a guy is elusive and can avoid pressure doesn't mean he isn't also the cause for many of the sacks. Marino sure wasn't elusive but he knew how to get rid of the ball...

It's also been the main reason for so much offensive production. You take the good with the bad, just like with Marino (inefficient and turnover prone in the postseason).