• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Pettine: Russell Wilson is not a top tier QB

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, grabbing the shovel again eh?
seems more like a job requiring a pitchfork. You ever used a pitchfork or what that too much of a threat to your manicure?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. What I see is a pocket almost free of pressure for 4 seconds.

I see a QB is is absolutely destroying blitzes right(158 rating against the blitz in the last 4 games) because his blockers are still giving 3 seconds and letting him get the ball to the open man.

That's what I see.
Yes a clean pocket, went back and looked, yup all the time a QB needs. Not sure Polar actually watches the Seahawks games, he for sure doesn't go back and check to see if what he's saying is right.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems more like a job requiring a pitchfork. You ever used a pitchfork or what that too much of a threat to your manicure?

Don't make me list off products I own to prove my manhood. That would be LAME.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. He would never throw a guy under the bus. Not his way. That's one of his more admirable qualities.

change your tampon, cupcake
You so clever man. Can't believe that more people don't listen to what you have to say.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="PolarVortex,

change your tampon, cupcake[/QUOTE]

Something is becoming more clear.
I know I can be an ass but when folks say Seahawk fans are arrogant and full of shit, I wonder if those remarks are fostered by the author of the above quote?:noidea:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to reread post #2. I'm not sure how you felt that way from his comment.:noidea:
Wolverine was the first Hawk poster. This is no dig on him. I see it as him gettining defensive in the way he went at Pettine. I won't lose sleep over it. It wasn't flagrant. To me he was saying Petine you're wrong and wait till Sunday. When I first read Pettine's comments I immediately took it as Wilson is top 10 for sure. Likely a little higher. He's just not 1-4. It was a positive and well deserved comment in my opinion.
The other part about comparing him to Manziel came from back when Manziel was drafted. Petine said Manziel reminded him of RW, I'm paraphrasing. Again at that point based on stature and running ability they were alike. Wilson has always carried himself as a much better person.
Will Wilson possibly become a top 5 (elite QB) he certainley has the ability. But the QBs mentioned in Pettine's interview are top 5 and have been for a while. I think the amount of time being elite is what seperates RW right now:noidea:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not, Pettine's right. Yeah he's good but he's not top tier or elite

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a clean pocket, went back and looked, yup all the time a QB needs. Not sure Polar actually watches the Seahawks games, he for sure doesn't go back and check to see if what he's saying is right.

It's funny because once something becomes conventional wisdom, it just gets repeated ad naseum.

So Russell Wilson isn't good inside the of the pocket because he's short, has become conventional wisdom. And when you point out that he has the highest passer rating in the NFL, throwing from the pocket, people shrug and just point back to conventional wisdom.

Same goes for Andrew Luck being the golden child no matter how he plays.

In fairness, it took Tom Brady years to shake off his game manager image.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because once something becomes conventional wisdom, it just gets repeated ad naseum.

So Russell Wilson isn't good inside the of the pocket because he's short, has become conventional wisdom. And when you point out that he has the highest passer rating in the NFL, throwing from the pocket, people shrug and just point back to conventional wisdom.

In fairness, it took Tom Brady years to shake off his game manager image.
What's wrong with being a game manager or a system QB? As long as they win who cares? I'd take a passer rating of 20% in my system, as a game manager if we won 80% of my games consistently year in and year out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get use to this Hawk fans^^^^^^^^^
Sounds exactly like the TB vs PM debates. TB the wins, PM the stats. Granted RW is recently changing his stats image.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with being a game manager or a system QB? As long as they win who cares? I'd take a passer rating of 20% in my system, as a game manager if we won 80% of my games consistently year in and year out.

Game manager is a crappy term because it is used largely as a euphemism to mean "QB who wins because of his team and not his ability".

All great QBs are game managers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game manager is a crappy term because it is used largely as a euphemism to mean "QB who wins because of his team and not his ability".

All great QBs are game managers.
Did we just agree on something:agree:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get use to this Hawk fans^^^^^^^^^
Sounds exactly like the TB vs PM debates. TB the wins, PM the stats. Granted RW is recently changing his stats image.

Except when it comes to Wilson vs Luck, Russell has the wins and the stats. That's why it's frustrating to have to explain the simple reality to the haters or those who are unwilling to look at the situation without the "conventional wisdom" filter.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except when it comes to Wilson vs Luck, Russell has the wins and the stats. That's why it's frustrating to have to explain the simple reality to the haters or those who are unwilling to look at the situation without the "conventional wisdom" filter.
This is the first year Wilson has had the stats. No cherry picking just overall QB stats. RW has led in rushing. Don't want to get into attempts, who had who for receivers...Luck has led in TDs. Sorry this is the most important stat of all. Luck also led in yards but he also led in Ints. We could go on for days with Seattle's D gave Russ better/more chances or Indy's system gave Luck more chances...

Forget about stats RW has the victories and PO appearances, a SB... Thus the TB/PM comparison. As I stated earlier give me a QB wiyh a 20% passer rating as long as tge team wins 80% of their games over an extended period.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first year Wilson has had the stats. No cherry picking just overall QB stats. RW has led in rushing. Don't want to get into attempts, who had who for receivers...Luck has led in TDs. Sorry this is the most important stat of all. Luck also led in yards but he also led in Ints. We could go on for days with Seattle's D gave Russ better/more chances or Indy's system gave Luck more chances...

Forget about stats RW has the victories and PO appearances, a SB... Thus the TB/PM comparison. As I stated earlier give me a QB wiyh a 20% passer rating as long as tge team wins 80% of their games over an extended period.

Russell Wilson tied Peyton's record for most TDs thrown as a rookie, while also rushing for another 4. He's always put up stats, but it's taken a ridiculous run lately for people to notice that he isn't "just winning" despite his own play.