• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty - trading Mike Evans

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
full PPR dynasty, rebuilding my team, getting some interest from a couple playoff teams in Mike Evans.

option 1:
2025 1st rd pick
- one of if not the top team in the league, extremely likely that is a pick is late first. I'm projecting it to land in the 1.12-1.16 range, at absolute best 1.10

option 2:
Courtland Sutton + 2025 2nd rd pick
- 2nd rd pick isn't from the playoff team, it is from the team with the 2nd worst record this season, who doesn't own his 2024 1st rd pick. I'm projecting it to land in the 2.04-2.08 range, if not better

option 3:
keep Mike Evans
- I was in a division of death this season, 4th overall in points scored, but 6-7 and last place in my division - lots of big spike weeks but poor consistency. WR is a weak spot on my roster, especially with this being PPR. Evans, Puka, Hollywood, Thielen (only got one good week after a trade then he plummeted), Mooney, X. Gipson(NYJ).
Could keep Evans while I build up my WR stable and try to move him next year
- flip side, have no clue where he plays next year, but I feel like he's proven himself to be QB proof and will produce at a WR1/2 level as long as he's healthy for another 1-2 seasons

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think it's a hold. Of the options I'd say Sutton/early 2nd is the next best bet. ...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just traded him in D2 for a 2025 1st.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New deal on the table
Quinton Johnston + the late 2025 1st for Mike Evans + Zack Moss

Been a bit of a slow rookie season but QJ has been playing a little better recently and it was known he was a raw prospect coming out of college, so slow start isn't the biggest surprise.
The poor hands have been tough on a few plays I've watched but drops aren't sticky season over season

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New deal on the table
Quinton Johnston + the late 2025 1st for Mike Evans + Zack Moss

Been a bit of a slow rookie season but QJ has been playing a little better recently and it was known he was a raw prospect coming out of college, so slow start isn't the biggest surprise.
The poor hands have been tough on a few plays I've watched but drops aren't sticky season over season
Not sure this is giving you an answer but Mike Evans' production is based on QB Baker Mayfield. For some reason I find myself liking Mayfield :L but he can never seem to turn the corner and stay consistent.
Besides the fact that elite RB are at an all-time low (which is another story), the next fact is that QB play is also down. Only 3 QB currently average over 20 points a game. That's terrible.
You might be thinking, what's my point? :scratch:
I think in 2024 we see QB play tail off even more.
If WR production is based on the QB and the offense, maybe now is a good time to sell off Mike Evans.
He's 30 yrs-old (which isn't bad for a WR) yet - whether Mayfield is at the helm next year or not - I don't see his QB situation getting any better.
Factor in a loaded new rookie class of QB (many of which will fail miserably).
In a similar vein, if Cousins is all but gone in Minny, I'd be selling high on JJ for the same reason. His QB next year could be Justin Fields for all we know? :noidea:
It's a tough call.