• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your "perfect" league.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This summer, I inherited commish duties of a long running (35+ years) league from my former math professor Uncle. (This is my 24th season as an owner.)

12 team. One QB, two RB, three receiver, TE, kicker, two DL, two LB, two DB, D&ST.

It’s 2 PPR(4 PPR for TEs) But also 2PPC. And also 1 PPY. And also 1 PPA. Plus six IDP. With Team QBs and Team Defense&Special Teams.(this scoring equation I’m not even going to get into) Touchdowns are six points.

Field goals are a point per yard. Extra points are worth 3. Blocks and missed fg negs also depend on distance.

League winner is the total money winner. Total points leader earns more for that than winning the league SB does. First and second in division also pays out.

I finished second in points last year with 26134. Yes, twenty six thousand.

The league is The Paper Football League. Cuz yeah, it was all done on paper before 2000, when we went to CBS.

Was slightly less complicated then, but no idea how long it took to calculate. Scores weren’t official until Wednesdays. Waiver moves were always first come, first serve. With the timer being the second Hank Jr came on MNF. Lol. He’d have the phone off the hook until then. And half the league would have all of his numbers dialed aside from the last one, in anticipation.

Not perfect. We had a solid dozen suggestions for changes pre draft. (Flex of RB/WR/TE instead of third WR being voted in for next year.)But my favorite.

my first one was like 94 or 95 I think. so almost 30 years that league has gone.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my first one was like 94 or 95 I think. so almost 30 years that league has gone.
I did some fantasy stuff on Sportsline in the 90’s in HS. (Before CBS bought it)

But the other owners of this league wouldn’t let me have a team until I was 18.