• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Jordan is a hypocrite

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. They're different players -- I'd much rather have LeBron as the best player on my defense than Kobe.
Yeah, I don't totally agree with your stance.

But, your thought process has merit.

We as individuals value things differently.

Overall, Lebron is the superior player.

But, I think Kobe edges him in a few categories.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. It's yet to be proven that Kobe was a better defender than LeBron and it won't happen any time soon. Citing the number of all-defensive teams does not prove that Kobe was better.

Unless you're talking about my post that he was a roughly average defender over the course of his career. Which still hasn't been proven wrong but there is at least an argument against that claim.

The only reason I seem negative on Kobe is because Lakers fans on here overrate him
. I'd be fine if they could just say Kobe was one of the all-time greats and a top 20 player of all-time. But they have to try to compare him to LeBron and there's not much of a comparison.
All fanbases are guilty of this.

Doesn't mean we have to be contrarian just for the fuck of it.

I'm not accusing you of doing this.

No, that's a lie.

I totally am...lol

But, in some people's eyes, who is the better player is debatable.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you like to assume I'm making a wearker argument than I am and then reply to it? Pathetic, but thanks for admitting it.
How is Embiid progressing?

Do you think he will be extended before the Season?

Okc, Philly, Minny are the Teams I'm most excited to see next year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing that Kobe or Lebron are clearly the better defender is an exercise in futility. They are/were both exceptional defenders.

If you are a believer in win shares, which I'm skeptical about, then Lebron has a sizable lead in that category. Kobe had 50 defensive win shares. Lebron has 61 despite playing 300 fewer games than Kobe.

For me, the difference between Kobe and Lebron is how much they help the other players on his team. IMO, Lebron made a bigger difference for his teammates.

But that is not to take anything away from Kobe and his abilities.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't totally agree with your stance.

But, your thought process has merit.

We as individuals value things differently.

Overall, Lebron is the superior player.

But, I think Kobe edges him in a few categories.

I'll say this -- defensive advanced stats do not favor Kobe over LeBron. But they also seem to undervalue players who are good individual on-ball defenders. Defensive Box Plus-Minus has Kobe as a net negative defensive player over the course of his career, but we know that can't really be true because we've seen him play. Part of this goes back to Kobe always seemingly rising to the moment and his overall grit and determination, in my opinion. That doesn't always show up in the overall stat sheet.

That being said, I'd still take LeBron over Kobe defensively. You can never really create a mismatch against LeBron no matter how many times you switch. Versatility is one of the most important things to me from a defensive standpoint.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Embiid progressing?

Do you think he will be extended before the Season?

Okc, Philly, Minny are the Teams I'm most excited to see next year.

He has been dominating players this summer:

Joel Embiid is dominating children in the paint at Basketball Without Borders

Health-wise, he seems to be fine. He hasn't been cleared to go 5-on-5 yet but speculation is that to keep him out of exhibition games for NBA Africa.

I get the sense that they won't extend him before the season. I'm assuming he wants a max contract and I think the 76ers don't think it makes sense to max him until after the season. I'm kind of in the boat of "do whatever keeps him happy" right now. Just hoping he can stay healthy and put in a great season.

Minnesota should be fun to watch. I want to see how they improve with Butler. I'm excited for Milwaukee too.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fanbases are guilty of this.

Doesn't mean we have to be contrarian just for the fuck of it.

I'm not accusing you of doing this.

No, that's a lie.

I totally am...lol

But, in some people's eyes, who is the better player is debatable.

Honestly, I'm always contrarian. It drives my wife and family nuts. I guess I could afford to tone it down a notch.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been dominating players this summer:

Joel Embiid is dominating children in the paint at Basketball Without Borders

Health-wise, he seems to be fine. He hasn't been cleared to go 5-on-5 yet but speculation is that to keep him out of exhibition games for NBA Africa.

I get the sense that they won't extend him before the season. I'm assuming he wants a max contract and I think the 76ers don't think it makes sense to max him until after the season. I'm kind of in the boat of "do whatever keeps him happy" right now. Just hoping he can stay healthy and put in a great season.

Minnesota should be fun to watch. I want to see how they improve with Butler. I'm excited for Milwaukee too.
Yeah, I like the Bucks too.

I'm gonna watch the Kings and Nugs too, just to see how the new pieces fit.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home from the desert (ready to commit my dad to the old farts home), have some Subway, and a few Heineken beers open ready to inhale, and ready for any trolls who want some.....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOBE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME IN ANY SPORT. EVER.

END OF DISCUSSSION....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how when a stat/accolades favors Lebron, it proves he's the better player.

But when a stat/accolade favors Kobe, there's some reason why that stat/accolade doesn't prove anything, can't be used, or doesn't tell the whole story.

And folks say it's Lakers fans that are biased. :L

Here's a thought: How about we all agree that both are all time greats and very close to each other and while most (myself included) have Lebron as the better player...there is a valid argument to be made for Kobe?

Never happen.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home from the desert (ready to commit my dad to the old farts home), have some Subway, and a few Heineken beers open ready to inhale, and ready for any trolls who want some.....

KOBE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME IN ANY SPORT. EVER.

END OF DISCUSSSION....
How many Heinekens did you drink in the 2 minutes between these posts?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing that Kobe or Lebron are clearly the better defender is an exercise in futility. They are/were both exceptional defenders.

If you are a believer in win shares, which I'm skeptical about, then Lebron has a sizable lead in that category. Kobe had 50 defensive win shares. Lebron has 61 despite playing 300 fewer games than Kobe.

For me, the difference between Kobe and Lebron is how much they help the other players on his team. IMO, Lebron made a bigger difference for his teammates.

But that is not to take anything away from Kobe and his abilities.

Well for me it's not about how many titles either won. It's about how much heart they have, Kobe walked himself to the free throw line, made both free throws, on a torn Achilles. Lebron had to be carried off due to cramps, thats all u need to know. kobe > james any day

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for me it's not about how many titles either won. It's about how much heart they have, Kobe walked himself to the free throw line, made both free throws, on a torn Achilles. Lebron had to be carried off due to cramps, thats all u need to know. kobe > james any day

Well put!

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif