• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Jordan is a hypocrite

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. It's yet to be proven that Kobe was a better defender than LeBron and it won't happen any time soon. Citing the number of all-defensive teams does not prove that Kobe was better.

lol Yes, it does. It's called the NBA All Defensive Team because it's for the leagues best defenders. Kobe was on the first team 9 times to Lebron's 5. He was on the 2nd team twice to Lebron's 1.

Your inability to be even the least bit rational doesn't change that.

The only reason I seem negative on Kobe is because Lakers fans on here overrate him.

No, the only reason you seem negative on Kobe is because you are and it completely blinds you. You literally make Wiggy look like a calm rational poster when it comes to Kobe.

I'd tell you to stop embarrassing yourself, but it's too much fun seeing you twist yourself into a pretzel trying to argue every positive post about him and you wouldn't listen anyway.

Nice try at blaming Lakers fans for your ridiculous posts though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you're comparing two players who played 40 years apart. You think Shaq wouldn't be averaging 40 and 25 in the 60s?
Yeah, you have a point there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Lebron/Kobe is a better comparison than Michael/LeBron.

Thats why it's(of the 3)...

1. MJ

2. LeBron
3. Kobe

:D

I have no problem if you prefer Lebron's game. I personally don't. Even still, I have them rated very closely with Lebron ahead of Kobe because of his physical advantages.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with you here. Barring some kind of career altering injury (like Kobe's Achilles) I think Lebron will age more like Kareem or Timmy. He simply does too good a job of staying in shape year round and has zero injury history. I can't even remember the last time Lebron sprained an ankle (the most common basketball injury). Lebron also does a better job of resting during the season than Kobe ever did.

Kobe had a reputation for playing through injuries. Playing when he should have sat out is what Kobe built a good chunk of his reputation on.

Being virtually indestructible and never getting hurt is what Lebron has built a good chunk of his reputation on.

Don't be so sure about that. That size landing from jumps is not going to be kind to his hips/knees/ankles ultimately. He'll have to learn to play old man ball and his outside shooting will suffer. KAJ could survive due to his height and sky hook. Duncan ALWAYS played old man ball, so there wasn't much to adjust to other than injury.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, let's penalize guys like Shaq, Wilt, Magic for using their physical superiority to their advantage as well.

This is like the Floyd Mayweather, Hopkins debate about being a defensive fighter.

It might make for a boring fight. But, it's called boxing not standing there and proving you can take a punch.

Shaq is a similar argument; Wilt and Magic are not.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Yes, it does. It's called the NBA All Defensive Team because it's for the leagues best defenders. Kobe was on the first team 9 times to Lebron's 5. He was on the 2nd team twice to Lebron's 1.

Your inability to be even the least bit rational doesn't change that.

No, the only reason you seem negative on Kobe is because you are and it completely blinds you. You literally make Wiggy look like a calm rational poster when it comes to Kobe.

I'd tell you to stop embarrassing yourself, but it's too much fun seeing you twist yourself into a pretzel trying to argue every positive post about him and you wouldn't listen anyway.

Nice try at blaming Lakers fans for your ridiculous posts though.

The fact that you think the number of all-defensive teams is definitive proof that Kobe is better than LeBron defensively is hilarious. Kobe is second all-time in All-Defensive team selections and tied first for most 1st team selections. To follow your line of thinking, Kobe would have to be one of the top 3 defensive players of all-time, and no one thinks that. It's much more reasonable to simply admit that he made a few all-defensive teams that he probably didn't deserve (or that making the team is a bit overrated.) Either way, no one should be relying on all-defensive team selections to make their argument. It's a very small factor to consider.

I'm not negative on Kobe and I say plenty of positive about him. The problem is, and I've mentioned this before, Lakers fans are hypersensitive to any criticism about Lakers players. Every fan defends their team but Lakers fans take it to another level.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq is a similar argument; Wilt and Magic are not.
I disagree.

Wilt was BIGGER and stronger than almost everyone he played with or against.

How many times has someone mentioned that he was only dominate because he was playing guys 6'7?

Magic was a 6'9 pg.

He was to big for conventional pg's to guard and to skilled for the guys his size.

He was an elite floor general, in part because of his height.

That's why I have always said LeBron and Magic are way more comparable than Lebron and Jordan.

Both can score.

Both would much rather make plays for their teammates.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you're comparing two players who played 40 years apart. You think Shaq wouldn't be averaging 40 and 25 in the 60s?

Wilt vs. Shaq is interesting because I think Shaq would completely dominate Wilt if they went head to head but I'd still rank Wilt over Shaq. And I'm not sure if it totally makes sense but I roll with it anyway. People say I'm a Lakers hater but Shaq is one of my all time favorite players.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilt vs. Shaq is interesting because I think Shaq would completely dominate Wilt if they went head to head but I'd still rank Wilt over Shaq. And I'm not sure if it totally makes sense but I roll with it anyway. People say I'm a Lakers hater but Shaq is one of my all time favorite players.
Dude, it's Sports.

It doesn't have to make sense....lol

Just read some of the other irrational posts in this thread.

Mine included.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not negative on Kobe

:pound:

The rest of your post wasn't even worth commenting on because it's just more of your desperation.

You made a post. It was proven wrong. Just admit it and move on.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has pretty much been Jordan's steadfast opinion forever. He's basically said he prefers a guy with a killer mentality like himself who wins titles as opposed to a guy who loses more than he wins who doesn't have the same instincts as him. This isnt new. The results in the two opposing styles speak for themselves.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Wilt was BIGGER and stronger than almost everyone he played with or against.

How many times has someone mentioned that he was only dominate because he was playing guys 6'7?

Magic was a 6'9 pg.

He was to big for conventional pg's to guard and to skilled for the guys his size.

He was an elite floor general, in part because of his height.

That's why I have always said LeBron and Magic are way more comparable than Lebron and Jordan.

Both can score.

Both would much rather make plays for their teammates.

Using height in basketball is elementary. Using strength is evolutionary, as that kind of play has only become allowed as rules have been relaxed to adapt. Someone like Shaq wouldn't have survived in the 60's because he'd be in instant foul trouble. Wilt dominated, and Magic would have as well. Basketball wasn't always such a contact sport (and wasn't intended to be).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It all depends on which generation's rules you're using. If it's Wilt's, he destroys Shaq. If it's Shaq's, it's a much more contested outcome.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say with Shaq and Wilt. When it comes to just being bigger and stronger than his opponents, in many ways, Wilt was the original Shaq. Where Lebron is a bigger, stronger version of Magic...Shaq was a bigger stronger version of Wilt.

The problem with trying to compare the 2 is it's hard to know just how good Shaq could have been. His laziness, imo, not only hurt him in the last several years of his career, but it also hurt him in overall stats. It's also hard to know what Wilt may have been like if he had today's training techniques, nutrition, etc. at his disposal.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on which generation's rules you're using. If it's Wilt's, he destroys Shaq. If it's Shaq's, it's a much more contested outcome.
I dont necessarily buy the argument that Wilt could have back down Shaq and that Shaq couldn't have swatted his ass back all day long.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say with Shaq and Wilt. When it comes to just being bigger and stronger than his opponents, in many ways, Wilt was the original Shaq. Where Lebron is a bigger, stronger version of Magic...Shaq was a bigger stronger version of Wilt.

The problem with trying to compare the 2 is it's hard to know just how good Shaq could have been. His laziness, imo, not only hurt him in the last several years of his career, but it also hurt him in overall stats. It's also hard to know what Wilt may have been like if he had today's training techniques, nutrition, etc. at his disposal.

I've always thought Shaq had the potential to be in the discussion for greatest player ever. Unfortunately, he didn't live up to his full potential.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought Shaq had the potential to be in the discussion for greatest player ever. Unfortunately, he didn't live up to his full potential.

Couldn't agree more. Had he listened to Kobe (he has since said he should have) about staying in shape year round and working on his game, I think he very easily could have been GOAT.

At the very least, he'd be considered the greatest center of all time. Motivated Shaq was a scary dude.