• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Jordan is a hypocrite

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But since you brought it up, I am willing to bet that LeBron does not ever decline as much as Kobe did. You don't know LeBron very well if you think he will ever miss the playoffs.

To be fair, he won't ever sign to play on a bad team either though.

It depends. If Lebron suffers an injury akin to the one Kobe suffered, then it's very likely that he wouldn't be able to take a team to the playoffs unless he is on a team that was already good enough to make the playoffs without him. As you say, it's unlikely that he will ever sign with a bad team though.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for that whole Lebron and Kobe's 3 point shooting being almost identical, you're right. lol

Hey man, I was responding to a guy calling another guy a better shooter than a guy with higher percentages.

Almost identical is not identical.

But yea, they're really fucking close.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When father time eventually catches up with lebron, his numbers plummet, his mistakes become more frequent, and his team doesn't even sniff the playoffs, do you want to have this discussion again?

Gotta disagree with you here. Barring some kind of career altering injury (like Kobe's Achilles) I think Lebron will age more like Kareem or Timmy. He simply does too good a job of staying in shape year round and has zero injury history. I can't even remember the last time Lebron sprained an ankle (the most common basketball injury). Lebron also does a better job of resting during the season than Kobe ever did.

Kobe had a reputation for playing through injuries. Playing when he should have sat out is what Kobe built a good chunk of his reputation on.

Being virtually indestructible and never getting hurt is what Lebron has built a good chunk of his reputation on.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn auto correct.

That IS being an unselfish player.

Why would autocorrect change IS to ISN'T. Dumbest thing ever.
Mine changes Kyrie to Judith of all things.

I guess my iPad knew he was a bitch long before his trade demand leaked.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also gave Kobe the edge as a defender which goes to show that he's clearly biased.

Kobe: 9x All Defensive First Team, 2x All Defensive Second Team

Lebron: 5x All Defensive First Team, 1x All Defensive Second Team

Who's showing they're clearly biased again?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine changes Kyrie to Judith of all things.

I guess my iPad knew he was a bitch long before his trade demand leaked.

@ChiefsLakers67 autocorrect changes Lebron to LeClown.

But there's always the possibility that he trained it to do that. :dhd:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BullRushing/Committing offensive fouls and using off arms while being 50/60 pounds heavier than other players to get to the hoop is a "skill"? .... If you say so

Kobe has true offensive skill. Lebron just bullrushes and commits offensive fouls with shoulder lowering and using the off arm. There are libraries filled with LeOffensiveFouls. :L
So, let's penalize guys like Shaq, Wilt, Magic for using their physical superiority to their advantage as well.

This is like the Floyd Mayweather, Hopkins debate about being a defensive fighter.

It might make for a boring fight. But, it's called boxing not standing there and proving you can take a punch.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also gave Kobe the edge as a defender which goes to show that he's clearly biased.
Well, LeBron could probably do more on the defensive end if he didn't expend most of his energy running the point.

He's pretty good at the art of chase down blocks.

But, I would give Kobe the nod for consistency earlier in his career.

LeBron has become more of a situational defender and less of a every game lockdown presence.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I am almost convinced @DorianRo is KD because what's the odds of two people making the same nonsensical statement, Damn near word for word?

“Everybody can’t be Shaq. He’s trying to make his money and enjoy the game of basketball, and his perception of him is that he’s a ‘dumb’ player because he makes mistakes on the court. Shaq was a sh---y free-throw shooter. He missed dunks. He air-balled free throws. He couldn’t shoot outside the paint. He was bigger than everybody. He didn’t have any skill. But he was bigger and stronger than everybody.”

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's 4 more defensive first teams, and 5 more total all defensive teams, Kobe played exactly 6 more seasons than LeBron to date...

Hang on....

GTY_child_at_chalkboard_doing_math_jt_140315_16x9_992.jpg

Ok, according to my calculations, it's not looking good, but it's not over yet. Whew.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's 4 more defensive first teams, and 5 more total all defensive teams, Kobe played exactly 6 more seasons than LeBron to date...

Hang on....

GTY_child_at_chalkboard_doing_math_jt_140315_16x9_992.jpg

Ok, according to my calculations, it's not looking good, but it's not over yet. Whew.

th

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair though, these accolades don't prove anything.

For one thing, players like Kobe, LeBron, Chris Paul, etc., tend to get more than they really deserve in terms of defensive accolades because of their offensive prowess and the name recognition that creates for them. Second, LeBron plays "forward" and there is a lot more competition for those accolades at the forward spot. For example, I guarantee LeBron never makes another first team because Kawhi and Draymond have that locked unless Giannis ascends.

LeBron definitely has fewer accolades, but he is also capable of guarding more players than Kobe because of his size.

Let's just agree that both were elite perimeter defenders in their primes. It is really futile to try to argue one being better than the other.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The people who picked him on those defensive teams. He was a roughly average defender over the course of his career.