• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mel Tucker to Michigan St

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but it's also easier to recruit to MSU than it is at a school like UK, with next to nothing in terms of tradition. Look at some of those classes in the early 2000's MSU was pulling in. A couple top 10 classes. UK was basically on par with MSU in terms of recruiting under Stoops and that's with nothing to go on essentially. And it's Kentucky. That's the huge part in this. They are probably the 2nd worst job in the SEC after Vandy, MSU is middle of the pack in terms of job status in the B1G.
Yeah you're right about it being middle of the pack, but it isn't like UK was having to fight off teams like Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State, etc. to get these 3/4* kids in Ohio. If he goes to Michigan State, what's he going to have to recruit on that hasn't probably already been offered to these kids from schools like Penn State, michigan, ND, etc. since he can't sell them on playing in the SEC anymore? I think that's a big reason why he was successful at UK, but might not really be there at MSU. And again, it's not like Dantonio's staff hasn't done just as good in Ohio as this guy for the past several years. It isn't that I would hate having him on my staff, but I wouldn't get into some crazy bidding war over the guy.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac definitely did what he could to make it a rivalry and he definitely made CU better. And just for the record, I really like the Mac 30 for 30. One of the best CFB ones in my opinion. But still ridiculous that Nebraska has now been featured in both Miami 30 for 30s, the Oklahoma ones, the Colorado one, and I feel like there is probably another that I am forgetting BUT does not have a 30 for 30 of their own is ludicrous. Especially through 3-4 straight decades of dominance. However the BTNs special about Brook Berringer was pretty cool.

However, the all time isn't that close.

@7Samurai13 - the dissing of Colorado stems more from the ridiculous fans. They used to urine bomb people, tell me that isn't some of the trashest form of fanaticism peroid.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac definitely did what he could to make it a rivalry and he definitely made CU better. And just for the record, I really like the Mac 30 for 30. One of the best CFB ones in my opinion. But still ridiculous that Nebraska has now been featured in both Miami 30 for 30s, the Oklahoma ones, the Colorado one, and I feel like there is probably another that I am forgetting BUT does not have a 30 for 30 of their own is ludicrous. Especially through 3-4 straight decades of dominance. However the BTNs special about Brook Berringer was pretty cool.

However, the all time isn't that close.

@7Samurai13 - the dissing of Colorado stems more from the ridiculous fans. They used to urine bomb people, tell me that isn't some of the trashest form of fanaticism peroid.

you sure use a lot of words to say
Fuck Colorado.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacCartney had to rebuild dumpster fire that Fairbanks left. Doesn't surprise me one bit he has a losing record vs. NU.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those coaches were at USC, and USC is a destination job. Kelly left Oregon for the NFL, but Oregon is an exception to the typical P12 budget. Petersen certainly could’ve had offers, but everyone knew he had no interest in anything East of Montana, and it had nothing to do with budgets.

That said, Riley and Price both bolted when offered by Nebraska and Bama, respectively. This was in spite of Riley being a Corvallis native (though he did play at Bama) known for his affinity for OSU, and Price having spent a long tenure in Pullman.

You used two examples of guys that have nothing to do with the example of the Pac 12 right now. You give an irrelevant post about Riley but I’ll one up you on Anderson who left Wisky for Corvallis.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you are right but I wasn’t sure.

Isn’t Aunese’s kid an NFL OC?

Hah. QB coach of the Donkeys.
I had no idea.
Was just picking on the Buffs.

Can’t beat them on the football field.
sigh

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah. QB coach of the Donkeys.
I had no idea.
Was just picking on the Buffs.

Can’t beat them on the football field.
sigh

Meh, y’all will come around. That Colorado game last year Nebby pissed away. Weren’t y’all up like 3 touchdowns the whole game?

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah
That's the reason

Not sure what you're trying to say with the video, but that ass-whooping was right smack in the middle of Fairbank's 3 year tenure. Loved Chuck as the coach of the Patriots... followed his footsteps out to Colorado somewhat (maybe subconsciously) a few years after he left. Regardless, the stories weren't good during his tenure, but he wasn't given much to work with either.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1989-12-31-8903220524-story.html
FAIRBANKS-COLORADO: A ROCKY MOUNTAIN LOW

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you're trying to say with the video, but that ass-whooping was right smack in the middle of Fairbank's 3 year tenure. Loved Chuck as the coach of the Patriots... followed his footsteps out to Colorado somewhat (maybe subconsciously) a few years after he left. Regardless, the stories weren't good during his tenure, but he wasn't given much to work with either.
FAIRBANKS-COLORADO: A ROCKY MOUNTAIN LOW

I know all of that.
I post that because it's my all time favorite Colorado video.

Plus Fairbanks wasn't brought in to Colorado to win games, but he did set in place the foundation to bring in money and improve recruiting with better facilities. And he did that.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Michigan State was unsuccessful in poaching Vince Marrow from Kentucy, MSU realizes it's gonna be tough to put together a coaching staff prior to Spring football... so, although it was announced a few days ago that Michigan State would not be retaining any of Mark Dantonio's coaching staff, that decision has now been reversed and two of Dantonio's defensive coaches are being retained by Mel Tucker: Mike Tressel and Ron Burton.

LOOK: Mel Tucker reacts to retaining two of MSU's top assistants

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even way back in 1980 the Sooner D was Stout!!

giphy.gif