• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Michigan sign stealing allegations?

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awfully quiet in here now

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to get way worse before it gets better for Michigan.

Buckle up.
Uh Huh Sure GIF

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to get way worse before it gets better for Michigan.

Buckle up.

Unless they take the playoffs away from Michigan, I just don't see how. The upside is way too good for Michigan right now.

If Michigan had lost yesterday, I would agree with you.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody,s doing anything punishing or not punishing michigan in 2023 outside of harbaugh,s 3 game sitout anyway.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they take the playoffs away from Michigan, I just don't see how. The upside is way too good for Michigan right now.

Let's just say that the worst of what has been discovered hasn't been released yet.

It's not going to be pretty.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the NCAA vacates wins, your season won't matter. The notion you all cannot see it already does not matter is striking.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say that the worst of what has been discovered hasn't been released yet.

It's not going to be pretty.
I know Ohio fans are hoping for the worst with Michigan, but you might just be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I don’t think this is going to be the death sentence type punishment you are hoping for. Although maybe I’ll be the disappointed one.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the NCAA vacates wins, your season won't matter. The notion you all cannot see it already does not matter is striking.
Maybe you’ll be right and the NCAA can erase the memory of those Ohio State losses for you.

I just don’t think it’s going to be what you Ohio State fans think it will be. If Michigan just happens to win a national title this year, even a vacated championship isn’t going to erase what they did on the field in most people’s minds.

I just can’t imagine a scenario where most fans talking about the 2023 season are going to block out the results on the field due to an asterisk.

I think the sweet part for Michigan fans is knowing that Michigan blocked Ohio from 3 straight Big Ten championships, and likely 2 playoff appearances (unless the committee puts them in this year). Vacated wins doesn’t get any of that back for them.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Ohio fans are hoping for the worst with Michigan, but you might just be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I don’t think this is going to be the death sentence type punishment you are hoping for. Although maybe I’ll be the disappointed one.
I am not hoping for the death penalty, nor do I believe that will happen (to any school ever again after SMU).

I do think there will be some heads roll and some significant penalties, however.

Having an undefeated season but not being eligible for post-season play sucks. We've been there.

We shall see.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not hoping for the death penalty, nor do I believe that will happen (to any school ever again after SMU).

I do think there will be some heads roll and some significant penalties, however.

Having an undefeated season but not being eligible for post-season play sucks. We've been there.

We shall see.

Here’s my question, what if there is no post-season ban? What if it is simply a fine, and a few scholarships lost? Maybe even throw in a few vacated wins and conference titles?

Once again, it may be wishful thinking, but that’s the worst I see it being for Michigan. I think several Ohio fans may be setting themselves up for disappointment. (Or maybe some Michigan fans are setting themselves up for the shock of their lives)

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this could be the scene with Michigan and Ohio State with the NCAA this spring:

1701082484212.gif

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s my question, what if there is no post-season ban? What if it is simply a fine, and a few scholarships lost? Maybe even throw in a few vacated wins and conference titles?

Once again, it may be wishful thinking, but that’s the worst I see it being for Michigan. I think several Ohio fans may be setting themselves up for disappointment. (Or maybe some Michigan fans are setting themselves up for the shock of their lives)
Again, I'm not "hoping" for anything. Based on some of what I have read from people who have had the goods on this, it's way worse than what has been revealed thus far.

The NCAA is pissed because Harbaugh wouldn't cooperate on the last investigation and that one isn't done.
They are looking for scalps.
Looking at the totality of all that has gone on, it is likely that Michigan gets slapped with Lack of Institutional Control.

If that doesn't happen, life will go on. If that does happen, life will go on.

The only tangible difference between Ohio State winning vs. losing to Michigan in my life personally is I might get a new t-shirt if they win.

If the NCAA drops the hammer on Michigan, it won't make my life better or worse, because I'm not buying a t-shirt for that.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not "hoping" for anything. Based on some of what I have read from people who have had the goods on this, it's way worse than what has been revealed thus far.

The NCAA is pissed because Harbaugh wouldn't cooperate on the last investigation and that one isn't done.
They are looking for scalps.
Looking at the totality of all that has gone on, it is likely that Michigan gets slapped with Lack of Institutional Control.

If that doesn't happen, life will go on. If that does happen, life will go on.

The only tangible difference between Ohio State winning vs. losing to Michigan in my life personally is I might get a new t-shirt if they win.

If the NCAA drops the hammer on Michigan, it won't make my life better or worse, because I'm not buying a t-shirt for that.
Stop it...you know you are hoping for a grandiose punishment against Michigan. You are a die hard Ohio State fan, and I would expect nothing less (and vice versa if the script were flipped). Just the sheer volume of posts you have about the situation proves you are very vested in this situation.

The NCAA is a puppet organization now that is the equal to Blockbuster video of the mid 2000's. They won't be around much longer at the top level of football. There isn't a need for them any longer. With the transfer portal and NIL, what do they even regulate? They fought the NIL and got slapped down. On top of that, they suspended Harbaugh for 4 games, and Michigan came back and said, "nah, we'll make it 3 games". 20 years ago, Michigan would have NEVER gotten away with that. The NCAA can still come back and try to give Harbaugh more for that infraction, but I don't see them even trying at this point.

The bigger conferences will break off in a few years, and the NCAA can regulate what is left over. There is absolutely no need for them now, and it won't be long till they close up shop with the top conferences in the country. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it...you know you are hoping for a grandiose punishment against Michigan. You are a die hard Ohio State fan, and I would expect nothing less (and vice versa if the script were flipped). Just the sheer volume of posts you have about the situation proves you are very vested in this situation.

The NCAA is a puppet organization now that is the equal to Blockbuster video of the mid 2000's. They won't be around much longer at the top level of football. There isn't a need for them any longer. With the transfer portal and NIL, what do they even regulate? They fought the NIL and got slapped down. On top of that, they suspended Harbaugh for 4 games, and Michigan came back and said, "nah, we'll make it 3 games". 20 years ago, Michigan would have NEVER gotten away with that. The NCAA can still come back and try to give Harbaugh more for that infraction, but I don't see them even trying at this point.

The bigger conferences will break off in a few years, and the NCAA can regulate what is left over. There is absolutely no need for them now, and it won't be long till they close up shop with the top conferences in the country. Just my two cents.
Please don't ascribe to me an attitude that I do not have.