• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 Denver Broncos Offensive Line

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the Iowa vs Michigan, Rutgers and Wisconsin games from the past month, and I wasn't impressed at all with Wirfs ..

He does;t look like a top 10 pick

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the Iowa vs Michigan, Rutgers and Wisconsin games from the past month, and I wasn't impressed at all with Wirfs ..

He does;t look like a top 10 pick

WOw that's interesting... I have been very impressed this season. His traits are phenomenal. Pretty overwhelming.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dane Brugler has him 3rd overall
3.*Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa (6-5, 320, 5.08)
Wirfs moved into the top-five in my last update in September and the Hawkeyes’ tackle has lived up those expectations. Whether at left or right tackle, run blocking or pass protection, Wirfs has been consistently effective, working hard to reset and stay square to defenders through the whistle.

1. Tristan Wirfs, Iowa, offensive tackle
Last year, the Hawkeyes had one of the biggest freaks in college football in tight end Noah Fant. This year they have the biggest, most powerful Freak of them all. The 6-5, 320-pound Wirfs smashed Brandon Scherff’s (Freaks Class of 2014) school record in the power clean by pumping out four reps at 450 pounds. And keep in mind Wirfs only turned 20 in January. As colleague Scott Dochterman pointed out in this excellent piece on Wirfs’ Herculean effort, Scherff was entering his fifth year in the Iowa program. Two seasons ago, in 2017, Wirfs became the first true freshman to start at tackle in Kirk Ferentz’s Iowa tenure.

The former state champion wrestler also vertical jumped 35 inches this offseason, which would be the second-highest jump by an O-lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine in the past seven years. On top of that, earlier this week, Wirfs set a personal record in the broad jump, going 9-5 feet.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Broncos country would be pretty happy if we were able to snag a stud OL or WR in the upcoming draft in the first round, anything else might be a little sketchy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOw that's interesting... I have been very impressed this season. His traits are phenomenal. Pretty overwhelming.

agree- He’s been fantastic. He will only get better too. He has everything you look for in an OT.
Reese Morgan once said he is the best OL to come through Iowa. That’s pretty telling considering the amount of great OL who have gone through the Iowa program.

He has been everything we had hoped for and a lot more as a 3 star from Mt.Vernon.

His athletic ability could be elite at his position. Pretty amazing talent.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan was the only game I really saw Wirfs not play great in,

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Broncos country would be pretty happy if we were able to snag a stud OL or WR in the upcoming draft in the first round, anything else might be a little sketchy.

There are three defensive players I can think of that this team would be lucky to select and worthy of a top 10 pick, even for a team desperate for offense like Denver lol

Chase Young, Derrick Brown, Jeffrey Okudah.

It's about getting the best talent when you are drafting that high. Also Denver having a nice haul of draft capital (5th most value in draft picks as it stands) and cap room (10th most cap room), they have other means than that first round pick to help the offense.

Denver recent first round picks on O:
2016: Lynch
2017: Bolles
2019: Fant

Denver recent second round picks on O:
2018: Courtland Sutton
2019: Dalton Risner, Drew Lock

Denver recent third round picks on O:
2017: Carlos Henderson
2018: Royce Freeman

Doesn't have to be the first round pick to get a good player there to help the O, esp given the assets the team has currently

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young, Brown and Okudah get me excited. They are special!! Brown especially! Okudah may be my personal favorite DB this year and he is surely the best one.

Delpit has had a down year but people also fail to realize he has played through lower leg injuries all year. It has definitely impacted him.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young, Brown and Okudah get me excited. They are special!! Brown especially! Okudah may be my personal favorite DB this year and he is surely the best one.

Delpit has had a down year but people also fail to realize he has played through lower leg injuries all year. It has definitely impacted him.

He NEVER has tackled well though. He's a ball skills dude. I like him, but I'm not spending a top 10 pick on him like I would have Jamaal Adams or Derwin James

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Young has been impressive in what I have seen of him, but I would think he would be more of an OLB for us and with Miller, Chubb, and Reed that is definitely not a position of need, and might be a big of a wasted pick given the talent already there.

I think our draft board rankings will be affected by who we do or do not resign. If Chris Harris Jr. is resigned, I am not sure we are going to rank CB as high as if he leaves via free agency.

Either way I really like the direction that we have gone with drafting players the last couple of drafts and have really set this team up for a bright future if it continues.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope we draft WR with the first pick but I would not mind an LT ,RT and Gard with our first 3 picks as well.

I am kind of tired of garbage OL.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope we draft WR with the first pick but I would not mind an LT ,RT and Gard with our first 3 picks as well.

I am kind of tired of garbage OL.

I think we have 3 reasonable Oline pieces in Risner, McGovern, and Wilkinson. McGovern is a free agent so that is something that will need to be addressed. I don’t know that we know exactly what we have in Bolles and James. Bolles at times plays really well and at other times he is penalized a ton. James hasn’t been on the field. Leary is washed up and probably released before 2020 league year starts. If we can resign McGovern we are looking at a potential starting Oline of Bolles, Risner, McGovern, Wilkinson, and James. That could be really good or bad. I think we would be pretty good at the interior positions but questions at the tackles. I think we will draft 2 or 3 Olineman for depth if nothing else.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Build the team from the trenches back
Wr should never be a top priority unless you have a QB and the time

get that straighten out first

WR is really a dependent position

Cleveland thought OBJ was the answer
And traded a very good Olineman and pretty decent safety for him

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will know way more in the next 5 games that is for sure.

We will also know with LT as well IMO. A Mobile QB may make our LT play a hell of a lot better.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is really deep at WR (from what I read). I would think close to the top of the second round we could still get an outstanding WR. On the other hand, there are just a few elite OTs and then it tapers off pretty quickly.

In that scenario, I’d prefer an OT with a top 10 pick.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is really deep at WR (from what I read). I would think close to the top of the second round we could still get an outstanding WR. On the other hand, there are just a few elite OTs and then it tapers off pretty quickly.

In that scenario, I’d prefer an OT with a top 10 pick.

Yep, that makes sense.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really tired of Denver driving Clucker OL Elway Really needs to understand he no longer has Manning.

BHamita15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really interested to see what happens with the OL this offseason because literally nothing would surprise me. My thoughts...

1. Dalton Risner is about the only "sure thing" building block the team has at the moment.
2. Ju'Wuan James is a significant upgrade over Elijah Wilkinson.
3. Speaking of Wilkinson. I really hope he is retained(RFA this offseason) because he could be an option at OG and would be tremendous as the 6th OL in a swing role.
4. I like Connor McGovern at C...I think he still has some room to grow but he is solid enough.
5. Bolles will return and has moments of competency but I think the team has to draft an OT high enough to put him on serious notice.
6. Leary has to go.
7. They need a minimum of 2 draft picks to address the issues in this upcoming draft.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really interested to see what happens with the OL this offseason because literally nothing would surprise me. My thoughts...

1. Dalton Risner is about the only "sure thing" building block the team has at the moment.
2. Ju'Wuan James is a significant upgrade over Elijah Wilkinson.
3. Speaking of Wilkinson. I really hope he is retained(RFA this offseason) because he could be an option at OG and would be tremendous as the 6th OL in a swing role.
4. I like Connor McGovern at C...I think he still has some room to grow but he is solid enough.
5. Bolles will return and has moments of competency but I think the team has to draft an OT high enough to put him on serious notice.
6. Leary has to go.
7. They need a minimum of 2 draft picks to address the issues in this upcoming draft.

If we retain our free agents on the Oline we would be solid with Bolles, Risner, McGovern, Wilkinson, and James. Bolles appears to have been playing better of late, he did have the one illegal block penalty yesterday, but overall the holding calls have been way down. We do need to improve our depth on the Oline.

I think there has to be 2 cuts, Leary and Flacco.