• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the deal with Deon Sanders?

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how the transfer portal works out in a few years. Will a coach that relies on the portal be able to recruit. Maybe they won't need to recruit.

Will high school recruits eventually realize that a coach who extensively uses the portal will replace them in a heartbeat with a transfer who he deems to be better. Coach's promises have never meant much, but now they will mean even less.

But just as the "one and done's" in basketball have ruined the sport, do any of these players actually represent the school, or just the coach's ability to recruit.

Grad students with eligibility are a special case. Academically, it is usually an advantage to get your graduate degree from a different school.

In the past there was a connection of the student/ athlete to the school and alumni of the school. Now, in Berni Lincicome's comment about pro sports, you really are just cheering laundry.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not buying into the "they only won 1 game last year" thing. This isn't that team. He brought in like 83 new players. Give him credit for getting those players to gel enough to get to 3-0.

But the team he's coaching is not the team that only won 1 game last year.
Maybe swap out the word "team" for "program," and it works just fine

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the oregon coach talked a lot of trash about deion in his team pre game speech yesterday.apparently had made an off the cuff remark about oregon previously.that,s probably why he went for it on 4th down while up 35 points.
Yeah Lanning trashed on Colorado at the Pac 12 media day and then he continually trashed them pre and half game. But Deion is the cocky/brash coach that needs to get humbled according to some. LOL.

Lanning inherited a pretty fine tune machine with built-in years of solid recruiting classes. I get he felt the slight when media keeps asking about Colorado and not Oregon but there are different ways to handle it. He chose poorly IMO. Same with Norvell from CSU and Rhule from Nebraska. I challenge anyone to go and find where Deion fired the first shot at any of these programs/coaches. You won't find any and he's the most covered/all access coach out there.

But again the narrative is Deion is cocky and needs to be put in his place. He's trying to build an identity for Colorado to become a destination program for recruits. Most of which have never known Colorado as a good football program. They don't have the blue blood history of Bama, Ohio St, Texas, USC, etc. They don't have recent success and cool uniform combos like Oregon. So yeah, he has to put "Colorado" out there. Show kids you can get exposure here, there's opportunities to meet stars, etc. Anything to get us in the limelight. It rubs some the wrong way :)

Overall I think Oregon smashing CU will be good long term. The target/goal hasn't changed. Get bowl eligible. Show progress. Recruit/increase the talent base. Winning the Pac XII with all these good teams/QBs just wasn't in the cards. If they somehow managed to beat or even compete with Oregon it might have given a false sense of where we are talent wise. But Prime even said last week CU is 7-8 dawgs away. I think it's more like 12-15 but maybe that number is different now.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he seems to be the same cocky and arrogant person he was while he played.always thinking he was the best at whatever he does or does,nt do.i never cared for him s a player and don,t like him as coach,but i give him the nod for being a good coach

I mean...he's definitely a top 5 all time corner

Miyagi-Do

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna be honest, I've been rooting for Colorado in every game so far this year. The whole idea of a crazy coach coming to a struggling school, literally telling the entire team to kick rocks, and pretty much creating his own new team through the transfer portal, and then going on to win 10+ games, or a new Year's Day bowl, or possibly even a playoff birth... is absolutely insane and unprecedented. I'm a guy who loves a good Cinderella story, so I've kinda been rooting for that to play out.

However, Coach Prime does come off a bit "in your face" and a lil cocky, so I can genuinely see why some people wouldn't necessarily like that. Combine that with the biggest thing, that being the media and everyone slobbing on their knobs a whole lot. No doubt hoping for the same Cinderella story that I am myself. But that is definitely gonna bring you boatload of haters and I totally get it, it's just the nature of the game.

I don't think they're there this year, but man by year 3, if prime can recruit well and keep his players bought in to what he's got going on out there... Colorado might actually make some noise with the big boys. We'll see..

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when he was a redskin,he could,nt cover anybody.he must have fallen off when he got older

I mean...they had the 4th best passing D that year

I have no specific recollection of how he played but he had 9 PDs and 4 picks on a top five pass defense

Granted he was opposite Champ

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...he's definitely a top 5 all time corner

All Sanders had was straight line speed. If a receiver ran straight down the field, he could cover him. Madden even called him out for not being able to cover a crossing route. A quarterback that knew what he was doing usually picked Sanders apart.

Here are the stats of two conerbacks. Both played the same number years, offset of two years. Which one is Sanders?

Screenshot_20230927_211519_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Sanders had was straight line speed. If a receiver ran straight down the field, he could cover him. Madden even called him out for not being able to cover a crossing route. A quarterback that knew what he was doing usually picked Sanders apart.

Here are the stats of two conerbacks. Both played the same number years, offset of two years. Which one is Sanders?

View attachment 341676
Mike Haynes is a hack! A HACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:fuck buckets, I think I am wrong

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was a good cb,but he was better at kick/punt returns,maybe the best ever

Too many people have been blinded by Deion's flash. His average PR average was 10.4 yards tied for 48th. He had 6 PR TD's, less than half of the all-time leader PR leader. I don't think he even cracks top 10 as an all-time PR.