• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the deal with Deon Sanders?

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deon is a bit of celebrity... still.

Not only that... he's very flashy and charismatic (in his own way).

Therefore, he gets disproportionate attention. That's all.

It helps that his team is off to a very good start.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deon is a bit of celebrity... still.

Not only that... he's very flashy and charismatic (in his own way).

Therefore, he gets disproportionate attention. That's all.

It helps that his team is off to a very good start.

^This^

He's always been a big personality and always drawn a lot of attention. I'd add that a lot of folks, especially other coaches, don't feel like he's "paid his dues" in coaching. Problem is, he won at Jackson St. and (so far) is winning at Colorado.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I think there is something else going on. The NCAA is trying to distrac us from something. I don't know if it's confrenece realignmentg or the tranfer portal but this seems too manufactured. I feel like I'm watching a Disney movie.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything here but a good story. NCAA is mostly boring this time of year. You have a good matchup here and there, but most of the top 40 programs are playing teams that their 2nd string could beat. Deion saw an opportunity to use his celebrity, along with a high end QB son, to try and create something big in a competitively bankrupt school in a Power 5 conference.

If Deion can win 8+ games, he will be the NCAA coach of the year. On top of that, Colorado is moving into a depleted Big 12 conference. He could easily run the table next year, if he stays at Colorado. The NCAA and the college football broadcasters LOVE this story because without Deion, these Colorado football games so far this year may have been relegated to "streaming only". Right now they are the most watched and most talked about team in America.

This is EXACTLY what college football needed. People are tired of the Bama, Georgia, etc. storylines. They are tired of watching the same teams dominating on tv. They get a new team, from the West, that is exciting to watch. Even if it turns out to be "fools gold" in the next few weeks, it is still a GREAT thing for college football, in my opinion.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything here but a good story. NCAA is mostly boring this time of year. You have a good matchup here and there, but most of the top 40 programs are playing teams that their 2nd string could beat. Deion saw an opportunity to use his celebrity, along with a high end QB son, to try and create something big in a competitively bankrupt school in a Power 5 conference.

If Deion can win 8+ games, he will be the NCAA coach of the year. On top of that, Colorado is moving into a depleted Big 12 conference. He could easily run the table next year, if he stays at Colorado. The NCAA and the college football broadcasters LOVE this story because without Deion, these Colorado football games so far this year may have been relegated to "streaming only". Right now they are the most watched and most talked about team in America.

This is EXACTLY what college football needed. People are tired of the Bama, Georgia, etc. storylines. They are tired of watching the same teams dominating on tv. They get a new team, from the West, that is exciting to watch. Even if it turns out to be "fools gold" in the next few weeks, it is still a GREAT thing for college football, in my opinion.

If Deion can guide the Buffs to even 6 wins this season it would be a success. They only won one game last season. And before the upset of then # 17 TCU Colorado hadn't won a road game against a ranked opponent since 2002.

But that CSU coach looks silly and petty having an issue with what Sanders was wearing during a press conference.

Is Jay Norvell a football coach or fashion critic?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Deion can guide the Buffs to even 6 wins this season it would be a success. They only won one game last season. And before the upset of then # 17 TCU Colorado hadn't won a road game against a ranked opponent since 2002.

But that CSU coach looks silly and petty having an issue with what Sanders was wearing during a press conference.

Is Jay Norvell a football coach or fashion critic?
It's the "old school" way of doing things. He's been coaching since the 80's. That's just how things were done back then. There's a reason he is coaching at Colorado State after all these years in coaching. He should know not be giving Colorado any bulletin board material the week before the game is played.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I think there is something else going on. The NCAA is trying to distrac us from something. I don't know if it's confrenece realignmentg or the tranfer portal but this seems too manufactured. I feel like I'm watching a Disney movie.
What The Wtf GIF by Djemilah Birnie

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there already a thread on Sanders? Mods may want to merge them.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the "old school" way of doing things. He's been coaching since the 80's. That's just how things were done back then. There's a reason he is coaching at Colorado State after all these years in coaching. He should know not be giving Colorado any bulletin board material the week before the game is played.

Never a good idea to give your rival bulletin board material.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the younger crowd Deion is Deion. As a player he pretty much always backed it all up. He wants his players to be cocky and try to get in your head. I like the message he is putting out about God and how more families need a Dad. I can overlook some of the other stuff as long as he keeps that message. I’m sure he knows he will have to pick these kids back up soon after they get beat. That’s just part of it. Deion can really make this a good thing as long as he stops short of the cliff that a lot of people want him to go off of.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay’s mom seems lame.

But his dad somehow hired Saban to coach at MSU. And Saban never wears hats.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is why does the media refer to him as Coach "Prime"?? Do I have to refer to him as Coach Prime? Should Saban start going by Coach "Kickass"? What about Coach "More Wins than You"?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is why does the media refer to him as Coach "Prime"?? Do I have to refer to him as Coach Prime? Should Saban start going by Coach "Kickass"? What about Coach "More Wins than You"?
What was Sabans nickname when he was the best to ever play a position? I would put Coach in front of it and go with that.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the younger crowd Deion is Deion. As a player he pretty much always backed it all up. He wants his players to be cocky and try to get in your head. I like the message he is putting out about God and how more families need a Dad. I can overlook some of the other stuff as long as he keeps that message. I’m sure he knows he will have to pick these kids back up soon after they get beat. That’s just part of it. Deion can really make this a good thing as long as he stops short of the cliff that a lot of people want him to go off of.
The thing with Deion is that he makes enemies everywhere and you have to wonder why.

Deion vs. Tim McCarver = Deion poured ice water all over McCarver during an interview

Deion vs Eddie Robinson Jr ' = Robinson Jr. didn't want to shake hands or talk after the Jackson St. vs. Alabama St. game and said about Sanders "He ain't SWAC"

Then it was Deion vs. Pat Narduzzi, and then it was Deion vs. Danny Kanell.....

Now it is Deion vs. TCU, Nebraska, and CSU...

I get it that abrasive personalities often get along with everybody...but something is out of place here.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Deion is that he makes enemies everywhere and you have to wonder why.

Deion vs. Tim McCarver = Deion poured ice water all over McCarver during an interview

Deion vs Eddie Robinson Jr ' = Robinson Jr. didn't want to shake hands or talk after the Jackson St. vs. Alabama St. game and said about Sanders "He ain't SWAC"

Then it was Deion vs. Pat Narduzzi, and then it was Deion vs. Danny Kanell.....

Now it is Deion vs. TCU, Nebraska, and CSU... <---

I get it that abrasive personalities often get along with everybody...but something is out of place here.

Nope. TCU's coach took an unnecessary shot at Deion. Nebraska's coach did the same thing. And so did CSU's coach.

They all went outta their way to criticize him.

There's nothing outta place at all. Just some people have issues with Deion for being himself.