• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCown Bails for Tampa

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction: the suddenly dangerous TB Bucs trade up for one of the top three QBs in the draft, McCown is basically a QB coach this year/backup QB for $5 million, retires at end of season, and next year this time is full time coach.

Bank on it.

Probably, and Lovie would know that. Fact is this is a huge payday for McCown, he would be foolish to pass it up.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it weird how every year new coaches who lost their jobs just go and get the same players they lost with on their old team when they get to their new team?

The Harbaughs and Pete Carroll have been in the SB last few years and none of them with ties with ex-NFL teams. Starting to think there is something to this.

Actually Carroll fucked up a pretty good NE team built by Parcells.
Short memory?:doh:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again...........

Hurt twice considering the lines he played behind?

He was hurt after the 10th sack of the season last year.
Behind a revamped line that we put out there for him.....are you trying to say that line was as bad as the ones he played for in the past?......cause it wasn`t.
And actually its not two.........its three.Remember the Championship game anyone? or does that not count?
Thats not tough in my book...........

Now,Cutler is better than JM and definetley deserved being a starter here,but in no way is he this tough guy you make him out to be. Not too mention being hurt twice this past season.
Or is it four?

I just wonder what excuses will be made up this season when he gets hurt?

this IS his DEFINING season as a Bear qb.........he has the attitude of everyone elses fault but his own.
We have the coaches,o-line,wrs,te ad a rb........Its time Jay.

Show us what you can do...............:nod:

Lol... Football players get hurt man. Especially when you've taking the beating Cutler has. You don't think that adds up?

He tore his mcl in that NFCCG. And kept playing into the 3rd quarter. Got a shot at halftime, despite a diabetic condition.

When he tore his ankle to SHREDS vs Detroit, he kept playing hopping on one GOD DAMNED leg. When he went into the game with a freaking groin tear. Like... do you even listen to yourself? Not tough? Have you ever lived with someone who has diabetes? LMAO!

I'll bet a thousand dollars that says you would have rolled on the turf crying like a little bitch. What a dope you are. My lord...

He's started 104 out 115 possible starts in his career. Two injuries that kept him out. Are you fucking kidding me? Are you? I mean, honestly...

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for 5 million dollars, McCown must be getting a chance to be the starter. So much for happy to be the backup. Does not look like there is any guaranteed money though, so its a easy gamble for Tampa, lovie gets a guy that wont turn the ball over and keep his defense on the field less than 25 minutes a game. Wonder what the bears offered.

Biggest problem is finding a quarterback that is not a threat to Cutler again. Dont want to go back two seasons where he didnt even want Campbell on the sideline or ignored Hanie like he had the plague.

Just think Palmer will prove as competent as McCown. Last preseason I actually thought he looked better.
I Liked Josh, think he will be missed in the locker room. Just seemed like team guy. Can't have enough of those.
But on the other side. I'm glad a good guy finally got his payday.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown was the biggest fluke I have ever seen. I've never seen such a subpar QB strike gold time after time over the span of five weeks or whatever the hell it was.

I have every bit of confidence that Jordan Palmer can perform just as well in the circumstances McCown did last season.

He'll last a season, at the most, as the starter in TB.

So if Palmer performs as well as Josh. Will that be the 2nd biggest fluke you've ever seen?
I wouldn't call it a fluke. Good coaching, good players around you, and preparation , make QBs look good.
Josh earned his payday. With his preparation. He did what the system demanded pretty damn well.
I agree w/ your Palmer claim. I think he has a stronger arm, and has a good feel for this O system. He showed that last preseason.
But FLUKE :wtf2:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McCown had Larry Fitzgerald and couldn't do squat. .....he couldn't beat 2 last place teams...thats all you need to know

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Mitchell. Matt Flynn. Josh McCown. ......you get the drift

C

cubzzzfanincali

Probably, and Lovie would know that. Fact is this is a huge payday for McCown, he would be foolish to pass it up.

I think you missed the point. Lovie doesn't just "know that", he wants it. He is being groomed to be an offensive coach for Tampa Bay. Clearly Lovie is impressed by his smarts, and this is a project.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why any Offensive player would want to play for Lovie, is beyond me?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Football players get hurt man. Especially when you've taking the beating Cutler has. You don't think that adds up?

He tore his mcl in that NFCCG. And kept playing into the 3rd quarter. Got a shot at halftime, despite a diabetic condition.

When he tore his ankle to SHREDS vs Detroit, he kept playing hopping on one GOD DAMNED leg. When he went into the game with a freaking groin tear. Like... do you even listen to yourself? Not tough? Have you ever lived with someone who has diabetes? LMAO!

I'll bet a thousand dollars that says you would have rolled on the turf crying like a little bitch. What a dope you are. My lord...

He's started 104 out 115 possible starts in his career. Two injuries that kept him out. Are you fucking kidding me? Are you? I mean, honestly...

So tell me again how ,many times he`s been hurt?,,,,,2? More like 4.

And considering with the lines he played behind?......what,was last years line not good enough for you?....So do you even listen to what your talking about?...so honestly do you? I think your trying to fool yourself into thinking its only two injuries.in reality its four.And two of those four came this past season with 2 new lineman that made up a very good line.And after the 10th sack?

You`d bet a thousand.........lmao...........I`d bet even more than that on you.

I just wonder what type of excuses we will have for him next season?

Atleast I`ll give you credit on this post........You haven`t bragged about pronouncing yourself drunk so that it`ll make everything ok to hammer your voice on here.........I get drunk too,but I know how to handle my alcohol.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries that carry the largest concerns are ironically the ones that have cost Cutler just a few regular season games- that would be concussions. The injuries that have cost him the most regular season time are a broken thumb, and a high ankle sprain that occurred ~2 years apart. A result of misfortune really. Not any indication his condItioning is lacking, or that he can't take a hit. Most importantly, they aren't injuries that predispose him to another one in the future. I don't see it here, but I absolutely cringe when someone says he is injury prone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Josh McCown and my piece of mind. I was not impressed. Luckiest SOB that ever walked.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Josh McCown and my piece of mind. I was not impressed. Luckiest SOB that ever walked.

Na , it's got to be Eli. He's got 2 SB rings he didn't deserve. 2 ridiculous catches by his wrs. :lol:
Really think people make their own luck.
I really didn't think any Bear fan could say anything bad about what Josh did for this team. He was a back-up QB god damn it.
Obviously I was wrong. I guess some of you guys want to see certain Bears fail.:wtf2:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a mind is a terrible thing to waste

Na , it's got to be Eli. He's got 2 SB rings he didn't deserve. 2 ridiculous catches by his wrs. :lol:
Really think people make their own luck.
I really didn't think any Bear fan could say anything bad about what Josh did for this team. He was a back-up QB god damn it.
Obviously I was wrong. I guess some of you guys want to see certain Bears fail.:wtf2:

What BEAR player do people want to see fail? Ill say something bad about Josh.....he couldn't beat the Vikings or Rams.....played his worst games against the worst teams

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What BEAR player do people want to see fail? Ill say something bad about Josh.....he couldn't beat the Vikings or Rams.....played his worst games against the worst teams

It usually take 3 phases to win a football game in the NFL.
1 guy doesn't do it by himself. I'll bet you thought our D looked great in those games.:lol:
Just think Josh did a good job filling in. Great character guy . Why the bashing?
He's not the only reason we lost those games.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our defense only looked good in spurts.

It usually take 3 phases to win a football game in the NFL.
1 guy doesn't do it by himself. I'll bet you thought our D looked great in those games.:lol:
Just think Josh did a good job filling in. Great character guy . Why the bashing?
He's not the only reason we lost those games.

Josh McCown......is a mediocre back up. Our defense looked good in the first half of the Ravens game when Josh was 7-15, 52 yds and no tds......you can give credit to the popular David Bass for helping as much to win that game as Josh. The Vikings and Rams games proved Josh coudn't play well against the better defenses...........and the Dallas game...lol.........

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many turnovers did he have? 1, in all the games he played. Thats the stat you are leaving out Leo, that is why he won games, he did not play gunslinger and give up points. This bear team would be better with a 5 million dollar McCown and another 12 million put into the defense. Draft the QB and let the guru mold him.

Thats the bottom line. We will see how it goes. McCown played even better than the bears expected, played himself into being a wanted commodity. Tampa might not blow people away, but they will play defense and a qb that does not turn over the ball and be in the playoff hunt. That formula that took the bears to the superbowl against indy.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McCown......is a mediocre back up. Our defense looked good in the first half of the Ravens game when Josh was 7-15, 52 yds and no tds......you can give credit to the popular David Bass for helping as much to win that game as Josh. The Vikings and Rams games proved Josh coudn't play well against the better defenses...........and the Dallas game...lol.........

I'm not going argue any more about Josh.
Just don't understand some of the hate shown towards him on this board. If it was the Packers board I could see it.
He was a back-up QB. W/ a pretty shitty D. I think he did a fine job. And 13 TDs to 1 pick, impressed not only me. But GM's around the league .
He earned his payday. I don't give shit what you think.
Have a nice day.:suds: