• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCown Bails for Tampa

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you arent arguing with me.

I'm not going argue any more about Josh.
Just don't understand some of the hate shown towards him on this board. If it was the Packers board I could see it.
He was a back-up QB. W/ a pretty shitty D. I think he did a fine job. And 13 TDs to 1 pick, impressed not only me. But GM's around the league .
He earned his payday. I don't give shit what you think.
Have a nice day.:suds:

You mean GM around the league......not GMs..... please explain to everybody what game impressed you the most about Josh McCown.
The Vikings game? Chance after chance for the great Josh to put away the game and he couldn't.
The Rams game? He showed he was the play from behind QB that you need against bad teams.
The Ravens game? Did you actually watch it? I was there and he showed his true colors the first half.
The Packers game? They had a chance to come back at the end defense showed up against a bad packer back up. If Aaron Rodgers plays the great Josh has no chance.
The Dallas game? Yeah against bad defenses Josh played well.

I don't feel anybody is showing hate towards Josh...just reality.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean GM around the league......not GMs..... please explain to everybody what game impressed you the most about Josh McCown.
The Vikings game? Chance after chance for the great Josh to put away the game and he couldn't.
The Rams game? He showed he was the play from behind QB that you need against bad teams.
The Ravens game? Did you actually watch it? I was there and he showed his true colors the first half.
The Packers game? They had a chance to come back at the end defense showed up against a bad packer back up. If Aaron Rodgers plays the great Josh has no chance.

Vikings game, total net yards 496. Time of possession 39:09 to Minnesota, the great Jay cutler beat them by one point when the Defense only gave up 350 and TOP was even.

Rams only needed 23 minutes TOP to score 42 points on 411 yards of offense, even more backbreaking if you figure out the yards per play was a whopping over 10 yards per their 39 plays they needed.

The other games were all wins, how can you complain about wins?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not a complaint about wins

Vikings game, total net yards 496. Time of possession 39:09 to Minnesota, the great Jay cutler beat them by one point when the Defense only gave up 350 and TOP was even.

Rams only needed 23 minutes TOP to score 42 points on 411 yards of offense, even more backbreaking if you figure out the yards per play was a whopping over 10 yards per their 39 plays they needed.

The other games were all wins, how can you complain about wins?

It a complaint about losses. ....losses to last place teams......wins we needed .... what's Josh Montana's excuses in the 2 losses? He is just a below average back up who caught a lucky streak .

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for proving my point

Vikings game, total net yards 496. Time of possession 39:09 to Minnesota, the great Jay cutler BEAT them by one point when the Defense only gave up 350 and TOP was even.

See the significant word there?

:lol:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It a complaint about losses. ....losses to last place teams......wins we needed .... what's Josh Montana's excuses in the 2 losses? He is just a below average back up who caught a lucky streak .

I didnt give you excuses, I gave you the reason for the losses, the defense was non existent. 150 more yards against the bears got one more score. If the bears and getting steam rolled by Los Angeles scoring every possession. A middle of the pack defense should have won both games, not once did McCown have a bad game.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going argue any more about Josh.
Just don't understand some of the hate shown towards him on this board. If it was the Packers board I could see it.
He was a back-up QB. W/ a pretty shitty D. I think he did a fine job. And 13 TDs to 1 pick, impressed not only me. But GM's around the league .
He earned his payday. I don't give shit what you think.
Have a nice day.:suds:

Funny that people keep throwing around that 1 INT stat. That was the biggest fluke ever! I don't think I've ever seen a QB luck out with so many dropped INTs. Even in the Cowboys game, supposedly McCowns best game, he got lucky with 3 or 4 dropped INTs. McCown played well overall filling in for Cutler, but nowhere near as great as what his stats would indicate. Funny how some fans ignore the freakishly large amount of dropped INTs. He also had several INTs negated by penalties. He's a below average QB that had a freakish lucky 5 game stretch. It was so easy to see that!

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that people keep throwing around that 1 INT stat. That was the biggest fluke ever! I don't think I've ever seen a QB luck out with so many dropped INTs. Even in the Cowboys game, supposedly McCowns best game, he got lucky with 3 or 4 dropped INTs. McCown played well overall filling in for Cutler, but nowhere near as great as what his stats would indicate. Funny how some fans ignore the freakishly large amount of dropped INTs. He also had several INTs negated by penalties. He's a below average QB that had a freakish lucky 5 game stretch. It was so easy to see that!

Every Qb in the league has potential INTs dropped ( that's why most DBs are DBs , They can't catch). Jay has more than his fair share. I never said his stats were great. Just that they impressed me. And I'm glad a good guy finally got a big pay day.
Freakish lucky is bull shit. From what I've read about him . He prepares harder than anyone 1 on the team. Going out of his way to get extra practice in . While tutoring the young WRs.
His prep caused that freakish fuckin luck.
Get a life dude.:laugh3:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every Qb in the league has potential INTs dropped ( that's why most DBs are DBs , They can't catch). Jay has more than his fair share. I never said his stats were great. Just that they impressed me. And I'm glad a good guy finally got a big pay day.
Freakish lucky is bull shit. From what I've read about him . He prepares harder than anyone 1 on the team. Going out of his way to get extra practice in . While tutoring the young WRs.
His prep caused that freakish fuckin luck.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems there's a lot of hate in your post. :laugh3:
Gee if we had any kind of D , the Arizona game might have turned out differently.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always an excuse for Josh...

Seems there's a lot of hate in your post. :laugh3:
Gee if we had any kind of D , the Arizona game might have turned out differently.

No hate in my body......just realistic thinking......if the offense under Josh would have done better....you can win games your defense doesn't play up to par.....
and stats does not win games

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to weigh in here... Couple things I believe:
1. Josh got paid. Good for him. He played well. Good guy, good teammate.
2. Nobody was going to pay him before this season. He was coaching HS football in 2011/10
Ingredients that made McCown $: one part Trestman,
Two parts Marshall/Jeffery,
One dose Bad Cowboys D (on national TV)
A dash of meatball Bear fans "start McCown over Cutler" talk
A smidgen of luck- couple dropped Ints. Couple Highlight reel catches
I don't grudge McCown one bit, he helped keep the Bears competitive when Jay was down. Wish him luck, but I don't see him doing anything in Tampa. I would be shocked to see these same numbers next year. More likely we will get his career average... Lovie will stick with him for better or worse.

This is my opinion and is subject to interpretation and has a possibility of being completely wrong. I know my GF thinks so. Cheers! Go Bears!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to weigh in here... Couple things I believe:
1. Josh got paid. Good for him. He played well. Good guy, good teammate.
2. Nobody was going to pay him before this season. He was coaching HS football in 2011/10
Ingredients that made McCown $: one part Trestman,
Two parts Marshall/Jeffery,
One dose Bad Cowboys D (on national TV)
A dash of meatball Bear fans "start McCown over Cutler" talk
A smidgen of luck- couple dropped Ints. Couple Highlight reel catches
I don't grudge McCown one bit, he helped keep the Bears competitive when Jay was down. Wish him luck, but I don't see him doing anything in Tampa. I would be shocked to see these same numbers next year. More likely we will get his career average... Lovie will stick with him for better or worse.

This is my opinion and is subject to interpretation and has a possibility of being completely wrong. I know my GF thinks so. Cheers! Go Bears!

I agree. Best WR duo in the league. 2nd best scoring offense. Good playcalling and coaching.

In Tampa, he has one of the worst offensive minds in the NFL, in Lovie. Relief "pitching" is different from starting all 16 games. He should do alright, but nowhere close to what he did in Chicago this last year.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, you guys are gonna love or hate this....so ESPN just put this article up:

Free-agency review: Chicago Bears - ESPN

Michael Wright says Josh is a bigger loss than Julius Peppers! Have fun guys.

I'm not saying he's wrong. We still need a back-up quarterback. Cutler's injury history as it is. But I just don't think Josh was as "special" as people want to believe. Nothing against him... but his career numbers suggest that last season was not the norm.
I do think that with Trestman- we can have a decent backup. I'm not too worried. Plus I think jay plays the whole year all 19 games! SB!! :suds:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he's wrong. We still need a back-up quarterback. Cutler's injury history as it is. But I just don't think Josh was as "special" as people want to believe. Nothing against him... but his career numbers suggest that last season was not the norm.
I do think that with Trestman- we can have a decent backup. I'm not too worried. Plus I think jay plays the whole year all 19 games! SB!! :suds:

Joey, of the years Cutler was in chicago, he didnt even look at his backups, it seemed he saw them as threats, let alone talk to them on the sideline or want to listen to what they are seeing safeties and cornerbacks doing that might have him throwing a bit earlier or later. Hanie was a joke, all cutler did was walk away, same with Campbell. Josh was the only guy that Cutler actually acknowledged on the sideline. I am not saying Josh was his coach, his confidant or his ball washer, he was just involved. That is what will be the bigger loss this year. We will probably see them sign a name ex starter to come in and backup and if cutler sees him as a threat, we will be back to three or four years ago and a qb that enters the game WHEN cutler gets hurt and cannot do a damned thing.

But then again, it was Cutler on his best behavior, looking for his 100 million dollar deal and for all we know regardless of who is his backup he might be back to the arrogant prick and it wouldnt matter if Josh was here or not, but in that case, this is a bigger loss. We arent losing the Peppers that teams game planned for, double teamed constantly who turned games around. We lost the aging peppers that showed up for 2/16 games last year.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey, of the years Cutler was in chicago, he didnt even look at his backups, it seemed he saw them as threats (pure speculation- really? Hanie/Campbell were threats?)

let alone talk to them on the sideline or want to listen to what they are seeing safeties and cornerbacks doing that might have him throwing a bit earlier or later. Hanie was a joke, all cutler did was walk away, same with Campbell.
I don't understand in parts of your post you complain or criticize Jay from walking away from these guys and not talking to them, and then the next sentence you say they were a Joke? You can't have it both ways.

Josh was the only guy that Cutler actually acknowledged on the sideline. I am not saying Josh was his coach, his confidant or his ball washer, he was just involved. That is what will be the bigger loss this year.
Agreed- McCown is a loss, but not as much as you want to believe. He was a good LR guy who also has been quoted as saying that Jay was the smartest football guy he knew. Not saying he wouldn't be wanted back- just don't read into some of this conjecture. We have the better QB still under contract.

We will probably see them sign a name ex starter to come in and backup and if cutler sees him as a threat, we will be back to three or four years ago and a qb that enters the game WHEN cutler gets hurt and cannot do a damned thing.
I know Jay has injury history and will probably lose a game or two in 2014...but if you believe that Trestman and his offense really helped Josh become the player he did in 2013 then I would have to think that he (trestman) can do that with another journeymen qb.

But then again, it was Cutler on his best behavior, looking for his 100 million dollar deal and for all we know regardless of who is his backup he might be back to the arrogant prick and it wouldnt matter if Josh was here or not, but in that case, this is a bigger loss.
Sorry, I know I'm new here, but this sounds like a Cutler Hater... I could be wrong... This is VERY much speculation and reading into those jump cuts on the sideline a little too much. There is no question that Jay has had "jerkface" when it comes to former backup quarterbacks, but I gotta ask- Where are those guys now? Were any of them any good? Nope. If (and this is an assumption too) felt that your backup wasn't any good would you want their input when you just threw a pick in a Mike Martz or Tice offense? Or when you just got blindsided or had a WR run the wrong route?

We arent losing the Peppers that teams game planned for, double teamed constantly who turned games around. We lost the aging peppers that showed up for 2/16 games last year.
Couldn't agree with this more- kudos!

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hate in my body......just realistic thinking......if the offense under Josh would have done better....you can win games your defense doesn't play up to par.....
and stats does not win games

Just think if we had Peyton Manning or Tom Brady playing QB vs Arizona , we still would have had our asses handed to us.:laugh3:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets think this through

Just think if we had Peyton Manning or Tom Brady playing QB vs Arizona , we still would have had our asses handed to us.:laugh3:

The only problem with your accusation is that it cannot be proved.......it can be speculated but nothing more

C

cubzzzfanincali

The only problem with your accusation is that it cannot be proved.......it can be speculated but nothing more

"Accusation"? I don't think that's the word you were looking for there.