• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCown Bails for Tampa

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JM signed with Tampa, $10 mil over two years.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, been calling this one for a few months now. You simply can't go 13TD's, 1 INT without someone noticing and thinking, shoot, I'm a great coach, I have great Wr's, I have a great system, I can keep McCown tossing balls at that rate cause I'm a great coach with a great system.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it weird how every year new coaches who lost their jobs just go and get the same players they lost with on their old team when they get to their new team?

The Harbaughs and Pete Carroll have been in the SB last few years and none of them with ties with ex-NFL teams. Starting to think there is something to this.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which...

The Bucs hosted free agent CB Charles Tillman on Wednesday.

Of course they did.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer.

Will he get a chance to supplant Glennon there then?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for 5 million dollars, McCown must be getting a chance to be the starter. So much for happy to be the backup. Does not look like there is any guaranteed money though, so its a easy gamble for Tampa, lovie gets a guy that wont turn the ball over and keep his defense on the field less than 25 minutes a game. Wonder what the bears offered.

Biggest problem is finding a quarterback that is not a threat to Cutler again. Dont want to go back two seasons where he didnt even want Campbell on the sideline or ignored Hanie like he had the plague.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for 5 million dollars, McCown must be getting a chance to be the starter. So much for happy to be the backup. Does not look like there is any guaranteed money though, so its a easy gamble for Tampa, lovie gets a guy that wont turn the ball over and keep his defense on the field less than 25 minutes a game. Wonder what the bears offered.

Biggest problem is finding a quarterback that is not a threat to Cutler again. Dont want to go back two seasons where he didnt even want Campbell on the sideline or ignored Hanie like he had the plague.
Josh McCown is not now, has never been, and will never be a threat to Jay Cutler. :wtf2:

Bummer.

Will he get a chance to supplant Glennon there then?
Why is it a bummer? For 5 mil he better get s chance to start butvsincevuts Lovie I'm sure he'll bring in Kyle and Rex. :omg:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown was the biggest fluke I have ever seen. I've never seen such a subpar QB strike gold time after time over the span of five weeks or whatever the hell it was.

I have every bit of confidence that Jordan Palmer can perform just as well in the circumstances McCown did last season.

He'll last a season, at the most, as the starter in TB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which...

The Bucs hosted free agent CB Charles Tillman on Wednesday.

Of course they did.

Hester will head there too, bank on it.

Nobody was closer than Lovie and Devin during their run together here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McCown is not now, has never been, and will never be a threat to Jay Cutler. :wtf2:

Why is it a bummer? For 5 mil he better get s chance to start butvsincevuts Lovie I'm sure he'll bring in Kyle and Rex. :omg:

:L I dunno, maybe because I liked the kid?? I'm glad to see him score some money tho.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Josh is a kid...lol

:L I dunno, maybe because I liked the kid?? I'm glad to see him score some money tho.

He a likeable "kid".....too bad he couldn't play better against the Rams or Vikings.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same. I like the guy a lot.

Glad he could cash in on his 15 minutes of fame, and I hope he can keep it rolling for as long as possible. As long as it doesn't have any negative residual effects on the Bears.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this sounds fishy.....tuna like

Hester will head there too, bank on it.

Nobody was closer than Lovie and Devin during their run together here.

I would like to see proof of that....I would think it was a defensive player...like Lach , Tillman or Briggs

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown was the biggest fluke I have ever seen. I've never seen such a subpar QB strike gold time after time over the span of five weeks or whatever the hell it was.

I have every bit of confidence that Jordan Palmer can perform just as well in the circumstances McCown did last season.

He'll last a season, at the most, as the starter in TB.

There is a difference with Palmer starting WHEN Cutler gets hurt than McCown. Bears will sign a bigger name backup, maybe we can finally get Tebow. lol.

But to say Jordan Palmer, who has barely played, can perform well in the circumstances makes me question why we had to pay cutler all that money again. We could have Tuck and Byrd with that money.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JM will not be as successful in Tampa as he was in Chicago. Why? The system that Trestman set up in Chicago just doesn't exist in Tampa, nor did it exit in Chicago under Lovie. My prediction is that this time next year McCown will be testing FA... Again.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JM will not be as successful in Tampa as he was in Chicago. Why? The system that Trestman set up in Chicago just doesn't exist in Tampa, nor did it exit in Chicago under Lovie. My prediction is that this time next year McCown will be testing FA... Again.

thats a big 10-4 NE..........JM should`ve stayed in Chicago as a backup.I hardly dioubt he will fare as well as he did jere last season.
Its another ex-Eagle qb and ex-Packer qb that sniffed success and went to bigger money for another team just to fail and fall off the map.
i wish him well,but think his departure won`t help him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference with Palmer starting WHEN Cutler gets hurt than McCown. Bears will sign a bigger name backup, maybe we can finally get Tebow. lol.

But to say Jordan Palmer, who has barely played, can perform well in the circumstances makes me question why we had to pay cutler all that money again. We could have Tuck and Byrd with that money.

WTF good is Tuck and Byrd if you're starting all over on the offensive side of the football at square one with no QB? Are you serious?

Cutler has been hurt TWICE in his career... so please, just give it a god damned rest already. That's magnificent considering the lines he has played behind. The guy is a damn warrior.

I say Jordan Palmer can perform at Josh McCown's level in those circumstances, because I believe both are extremely subpar to mediocre level QB's that can play good in a great system when you're throwing to two or three top level targets against bottom of the barrel fucking defenses.

Yes, Jordan Palmer is extremely capable of losing two of three to BAD football teams. He is very capable of throwing behind Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall, allowing them to make up for his error. He is extremely capable of hitting Cowboys and Vikings defenders in the hands, and the ball dropping harmlessly to the turf. God... what a fucking luck streak McCown was on.

Also, like McCown... what he isn't capable of, is competing anywhere near the throws that Cutler is. He isn't capable of hitting receivers in stride 25-35 yards downfield. He isn't capable of leading 4th quarter comebacks versus good defenses. He isn't capable of commanding a team to an 11 win season and an NFCCG with two kick returners for WR's and fucking cast-off O-linemen.

If you can't see the GAPING fucking distance between Cutler and the other two quarterbacks. If you NOW, after DECADES of perennial offensive failure, with the pieces finally in place... want to start all over on offense. Then please... please... please... just please... Go hide in a Ramada Inn somewhere, and fuck yourself for a few more decades.

Because I am FUCKING DONE... watching 35 year old cast-off QB's... I AM FUCKING DONE... watching this organization bring in young prospect after young prospect, only to fall on their fucking faces and then start the process over in a couple of years. I'm FUCKING DONE...

What is it about the 1990's and 00's that you miss? Please, FUCKING enlighten me. If you want to watch this horse shit again, please... go move to fucking Florida and root for the fucking Jacksonville Jaguars, root for your boy McCown and the Tampa Bay Bucaneers. Just don't... bring this negative whiney fucking bull shit back into this god damned fan base, when there's FINALLY something clicking.

Go fuck yourself

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF good is Tuck and Byrd if you're starting all over on the offensive side of the football at square one with no QB? Are you serious?

Cutler has been hurt TWICE in his career... so please, just give it a god damned rest already. That's magnificent considering the lines he has played behind. The guy is a damn warrior.

I say Jordan Palmer can perform at Josh McCown's level in those circumstances, because I believe both are extremely subpar to mediocre level QB's that can play good in a great system when you're throwing to two or three top level targets against bottom of the barrel fucking defenses.

Yes, Jordan Palmer is extremely capable of losing two of three to BAD football teams. He is very capable of throwing behind Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall, allowing them to make up for his error. He is extremely capable of hitting Cowboys and Vikings defenders in the hands, and the ball dropping harmlessly to the turf. God... what a fucking luck streak McCown was on.

Also, like McCown... what he isn't capable of, is competing anywhere near the throws that Cutler is. He isn't capable of hitting receivers in stride 25-35 yards downfield. He isn't capable of leading 4th quarter comebacks versus good defenses. He isn't capable of commanding a team to an 11 win season and an NFCCG with two kick returners for WR's and fucking cast-off O-linemen.

If you can't see the GAPING fucking distance between Cutler and the other two quarterbacks. If you NOW, after DECADES of perennial offensive failure, with the pieces finally in place... want to start all over on offense. Then please... please... please... just please... Go hide in a Ramada Inn somewhere, and fuck yourself for a few more decades.

Because I am FUCKING DONE... watching 35 year old cast-off QB's... I AM FUCKING DONE... watching this organization bring in young prospect after young prospect, only to fall on their fucking faces and then start the process over in a couple of years. I'm FUCKING DONE...

What is it about the 1990's and 00's that you miss? Please, FUCKING enlighten me. If you want to watch this horse shit again, please... go move to fucking Florida and root for the fucking Jacksonville Jaguars, root for your boy McCown and the Tampa Bay Bucaneers. Just don't... bring this negative whiney fucking bull shit back into this god damned fan base, when there's FINALLY something clicking.

Go fuck yourself

Here we go again...........

Hurt twice considering the lines he played behind?

He was hurt after the 10th sack of the season last year.
Behind a revamped line that we put out there for him.....are you trying to say that line was as bad as the ones he played for in the past?......cause it wasn`t.
And actually its not two.........its three.Remember the Championship game anyone? or does that not count?
Thats not tough in my book...........

Now,Cutler is better than JM and definetley deserved being a starter here,but in no way is he this tough guy you make him out to be. Not too mention being hurt twice this past season.
Or is it four?

I just wonder what excuses will be made up this season when he gets hurt?

this IS his DEFINING season as a Bear qb.........he has the attitude of everyone elses fault but his own.
We have the coaches,o-line,wrs,te ad a rb........Its time Jay.

Show us what you can do...............:nod:

C

cubzzzfanincali

My prediction is that this time next year McCown will be testing FA... Again.

My prediction: the suddenly dangerous TB Bucs trade up for one of the top three QBs in the draft, McCown is basically a QB coach this year/backup QB for $5 million, retires at end of season, and next year this time is full time coach.

Bank on it.