• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marvel Cinematic Universe

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap, now I have to put up with Shane being the Punisher.

super-duper-anchorman.gif

Meh, maybe if he made me hate Shane so much he is actually a good actor.

*Crap sorry if this is the wrong thread.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctor Strange and Hugo Strange?

As someone who isn't big on comic books it's good to finally know they are two different guys lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctor Strange and Hugo Strange?

As someone who isn't big on comic books it's good to finally know they are two different guys lol
I suspect DC made a point of getting Hugo on the screen ASAP so they could beat Marvel to the punch. I would not be surprised to see them do SOMETHING with Shazam Before Marvel moves forward with the Captain MarVel character as well (Shazam was initially called Capt. Marvel)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect DC made a point of getting Hugo on the screen ASAP so they could beat Marvel to the punch. I would not be surprised to see them do SOMETHING with Shazam Before Marvel moves forward with the Captain MarVel character as well (Shazam was initially called Capt. Marvel)

Yeah DC gotta do something big soon. That was the big eye opener when I started watching trailer and saw "marvel" flash across I was like wtf is going on. Then Doctor strange was being called a hero with power and looked nothing like any Huge I've seen before. Good to be in the loop lol. But I'm less interested now even though I prefer marvel. What I know of Hugo Strnage really intrigued me. Idk this doctor guy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it is funny that Hugo Strange has NEVER been represented in anything live-action until just a few months before Marvel releases a big movie featuring THEIR Dr. Strange.

I believe Captain MarVel is due for release in 2018...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this will count or not since Deadpool isn't in the MCU but found this bit of info:

Tim Miller and Simon Kinberg are pushing for a team-up between Spider-Man and Deadpool. The two spoke at the press day for Deadpool’s Blu-Ray release (via CS.net and said that they are trying to build bridges” to facilitate a crossover cameo.

Spider-Man and Deadpool have crossed paths several times in the comic books, and actually have an ongoing team-up series right now. When asked if they could get a team-up to happen on film, Kinberg said, “I would love to see it. Both of us are close with [Marvel’s] Kevin [Feige], we respect and love Kevin. If it were even remotely possible, we will find a way ’cause we’d would love to see it…I just don’t know if it would be possible.”

The logistics of such a situation would of course be tricky. Spider-Man is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe again but is still owned by Sony in terms of film rights, and Fox has Deadpool as part of the X-Men. Adding Disney into the mix would require all three studios to work something out, but Miller said that he could see it happening, noting, “My favorite comic books in the old days used to be like DC vs. Marvel, Teen Titans vs. the X-Men or Teen Titans vs. New Mutants. Justice League vs. the Avengers. This could be something like that.”

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it would be ok seeing Deadpool with more established characters, but I really would be 100% fine if they don't split his time with others. Let some have minor cameo's or supporting things, but if I want Spiderman I'll watch Spiderman. If I want Deadpool, that's what I will go see. Just my thoughts, but I'd rather it just be focused on him rather than build up the super-team or Deadpool vs. Spidey.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the season finale of season 2 for Daredevil.
I just finished season 2. Overall I really liked it but thought the finale was excellent.

I know they are filming The Defenders later this year but I do hope there will eventually be more Daredevil seasons.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the AMA on reddit about Civil War.

Sounds like the movie goes a lot like what we expect, but the major thing that surprises me the most is the end credit scene. Don't click the next spoiler if you don't want to know.
Bucky is refrozen, at his request

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it would be ok seeing Deadpool with more established characters, but I really would be 100% fine if they don't split his time with others. Let some have minor cameo's or supporting things, but if I want Spiderman I'll watch Spiderman. If I want Deadpool, that's what I will go see. Just my thoughts, but I'd rather it just be focused on him rather than build up the super-team or Deadpool vs. Spidey.

Well if they can pull off Cable, he could be worth the screen time. They should keep Apocalypse alive for an eventual showdown in an X-Force movie and bring over Archangel to join X-Force. I wouldn't mind seeing Domino either.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punisher series is official

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes:

Timeframe?

Article I read didn't say. But Bernthal(obviously) and show runners have already been confirmed to be signed on so I have to believe they ain't gonna wait too long.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article I read didn't say. But Bernthal(obviously) and show runners have already been confirmed to be signed on so I have to believe they ain't gonna wait too long.
We are seeing Cage this year, and Defenders and Iron Fist next year. Would they squeeze Puny into next year as well, making 3 drops in one year?

Do we have ETAs yet on JJ2 or DD3?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are seeing Cage this year, and Defenders and Iron Fist next year. Would they squeeze Puny into next year as well, making 3 drops in one year?

Do we have ETAs yet on JJ2 or DD3?

Purely speculation at this point but this is what the hardcore comic book fans are thinking

Cage-September 2016(confirmed)
Iron Fist- Early 2017 since it's already been filming(confirmed to be 2017)
Defenders- starts filming late this year so should be September 2017ish release(confirmed for 2017)
Punisher- speculated to enter production at end of this year as well
JJ2 and DD3- speculated to be 2018 releases(probably DD in the spring again)

So either 2017 or 2018 will have to see 3 releases. If Punisher does start late this year id have to believe they throw it in 2017 and maybe bump defenders to more of a summer release.

DD has been the main event so far, and they won't go more than 2 years between seasons for that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Inhumans movie has been pulled from the schedule. The current schedule is as follows...

May 2016: Captain America: Civil War
Nov 2016: Dr Strange
May 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Jul 2017: Spiderman: Homecoming
Nov 2017: Thor: Ragnarok
Feb: 2018: Black Panther
May 2018: Avengers: Infinity War 1
Jul 2018: Antman and Wasp
Mar 2019: Captain Marvel
May 2019: Avengers: Infinity War 2

Reserved dates
May 2020
Jul 2020
Nov 2020

As far as I could find, there have been no official announcements outside of the fact that it has been removed. So everything I mention from here on is pure speculation (some my own thoughts, some I have heard elsewhere)...

1) S.H.I.E.L.D. has been rather successful, and they may have decided to dedicate the Inhuman concept to the show. Maybe they have decided to bring more known characters that they were reserving for the movies into the show (primarily the royal family).

2) Marvel and Fox have come to an agreement on either X-Men or F4 (I have heard both rumors, but there seems to be more buzz around F4). With Spiderman joining the MCU while remaining with Sony, that opens the door to a similar deal with Fox and their main properties. I have read theories that Marvel was planning on pushing the Inhumans primarily as a replace for the concept of mutants anyway, so if they no longer feel they need to push that, maybe there is a reason.

3) They simply want to wait to see how some of the coming movies do to potentially put a sequel in that slot instead of another concept launch. Black Panther 2? Winter Soldier/Captain America movie? Black Widow? Dr Strange 2? Ironman 4? Vision? Scarlet Witch?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Inhumans movie has been pulled from the schedule. The current schedule is as follows...

May 2016: Captain America: Civil War
Nov 2016: Dr Strange
May 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Jul 2017: Spiderman: Homecoming
Nov 2017: Thor: Ragnarok
Feb: 2018: Black Panther
May 2018: Avengers: Infinity War 1
Jul 2018: Antman and Wasp
Mar 2019: Captain Marvel
May 2019: Avengers: Infinity War 2

Reserved dates
May 2020
Jul 2020
Nov 2020

As far as I could find, there have been no official announcements outside of the fact that it has been removed. So everything I mention from here on is pure speculation (some my own thoughts, some I have heard elsewhere)...

1) S.H.I.E.L.D. has been rather successful, and they may have decided to dedicate the Inhuman concept to the show. Maybe they have decided to bring more known characters that they were reserving for the movies into the show (primarily the royal family).

2) Marvel and Fox have come to an agreement on either X-Men or F4 (I have heard both rumors, but there seems to be more buzz around F4). With Spiderman joining the MCU while remaining with Sony, that opens the door to a similar deal with Fox and their main properties. I have read theories that Marvel was planning on pushing the Inhumans primarily as a replace for the concept of mutants anyway, so if they no longer feel they need to push that, maybe there is a reason.

3) They simply want to wait to see how some of the coming movies do to potentially put a sequel in that slot instead of another concept launch. Black Panther 2? Winter Soldier/Captain America movie? Black Widow? Dr Strange 2? Ironman 4? Vision? Scarlet Witch?

I think a Black Panther 2 and Ironman 4 have the best chances of coming to fruition. I'm curious as to who they will get to replace RDJ as Ironman once he walks away. I wouldn't be surprised to see another Hulk movie pop up on one of those reserved dates.