• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marvel Cinematic Universe

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a Black Panther 2 and Ironman 4 have the best chances of coming to fruition. I'm curious as to who they will get to replace RDJ as Ironman once he walks away. I wouldn't be surprised to see another Hulk movie pop up on one of those reserved dates.
I thought RDJ basically said recently that he plans to ALWAYS be Stark and that Marvel is planning on going the "aging Ironman" route. Or were those just rumors that I saw?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought RDJ basically said recently that he plans to ALWAYS be Stark and that Marvel is planning on going the "aging Ironman" route. Or were those just rumors that I saw?
I recall reading an interview of RDJ, where he said he might be up for IM4, but after that he was probably finished.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was planning on going tonight, but my friend talked me into waiting until tomorrow night and going with him.

Nice! I gotta see when my mom can watch our 4 month old so we can go see it. Probably a day next week

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a Black Panther 2 and Ironman 4 have the best chances of coming to fruition. I'm curious as to who they will get to replace RDJ as Ironman once he walks away. I wouldn't be surprised to see another Hulk movie pop up on one of those reserved dates.

Hulk is a weird one because there are some tricky behind the scenes details. I think Universal owns the distribution rights for The Hulk. We've seen Disney make a deal with Sony for Spiderman, so nothing is impossible, it just makes it a bit more difficult for Marvel to get that ball rolling as opposed to all the other characters they own completely.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hulk is a weird one because there are some tricky behind the scenes details. I think Universal owns the distribution rights for The Hulk. We've seen Disney make a deal with Sony for Spiderman, so nothing is impossible, it just makes it a bit more difficult for Marvel to get that ball rolling as opposed to all the other characters they own completely.
I agree, it will be difficult, but like you said if Sony and Disney were able to come to terms on Spiderman, and Disney and Fox were able to come to terms on Xmen, I'm sure Disney and Universal can make it happen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it will be difficult, but like you said if Sony and Disney were able to come to terms on Spiderman, and Disney and Fox were able to come to terms on Xmen, I'm sure Disney and Universal can make it happen.
The Disney/Fox thing is still just a rumor, isnt it? I have not heard anything official about it yet.

As for Disney/Universal and Hulk, I think that there is a good enough existing relationship between the studios to make it work, but the last 2 Hulk flicks (if you count the Bana one) were relative bombs, so I am not sure Disney wants to dedicate a date to a floundering product. Although, a Hulk World would be an interesting movie. Maybe have a cross-over with GotG.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Disney/Fox thing is still just a rumor, isnt it? I have not heard anything official about it yet.

As for Disney/Universal and Hulk, I think that there is a good enough existing relationship between the studios to make it work, but the last 2 Hulk flicks (if you count the Bana one) were relative bombs, so I am not sure Disney wants to dedicate a date to a floundering product. Although, a Hulk World would be an interesting movie. Maybe have a cross-over with GotG.
Last thing I read stated that Disney had the green light to have the Xmen in their movies, but still had a few small hoops to jump through.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thing I read stated that Disney had the green light to have the Xmen in their movies, but still had a few small hoops to jump through.

Link?

That would be huge news so I'm skeptical without a credible source. Fox is just making money hand over fist with X-Men. I don't know why they would let their characters go to Marvel. If anything I could see Fox giving F4 back in exchange for the toys/game/TV rights for X-Men, which is still owned by Disney.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link?

That would be huge news so I'm skeptical without a credible source. Fox is just making money hand over fist with X-Men. I don't know why they would let their characters go to Marvel. If anything I could see Fox giving F4 back in exchange for the toys/game/TV rights for X-Men, which is still owned by Disney.

Marvel acquires movie rights to X-Men, Fantastic Four

ScreenSlush reportedly sat down with Kevin Feige to talk about whether Marvel and Disney were now free to make an X-Men or Fantastic Four movie, and his answer was a resounding yes. Albeit with a caveat.

It’s slightly more complicated than that. Let’s put it this way –we’ve removed some of the previous entanglements but there are still some hurdles to jump through. There are contracts that involve other parties. We now about the means to move forward with X-Men but there will still be dealings with Fox. As opposed to an Iron Man or Thor, where we can just throw them in, this is a little bit more complicated.

EDIT- after reading other articles on that website linked, I'm starting to think it's a satire website.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link?

I have seen alot about this as well, but if it actually happened, it would blow the top off of everything. This is not news that would go unnoticed.

Assuming it DOES happen (and I think it will), I wonder how they will handle Quicksilver?

I think I would actually prefer the X-verse and the MCU to be separate, with only Deadpool appearing in both (his movies are spoof anyway, so everything that would happen in his movies would be non-canon). I would, however like to see the F4 join the MCU because I would like to see Doom and Panther face off.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ScreenSlush reportedly sat down with Kevin Feige to talk about whether Marvel and Disney were now free to make an X-Men or Fantastic Four movie, and his answer was a resounding yes. Albeit with a caveat.

It’s slightly more complicated than that. Let’s put it this way –we’ve removed some of the previous entanglements but there are still some hurdles to jump through. There are contracts that involve other parties. We now about the means to move forward with X-Men but there will still be dealings with Fox. As opposed to an Iron Man or Thor, where we can just throw them in, this is a little bit more complicated.
I hate when articles dont have time-stamps on them. How old is this article? Is this pre-Inhuman drop? How did we not all lose our shit when this news broke?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EDIT- after reading other articles on that website linked, I'm starting to think it's a satire website.

Haha, yeah, just saw your Edit. "Obama to seek 3rd term" is on the front page. Clickbait garbage site.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw previews for the new X Men: Apocalypse movie. Psylocke is gonna be in the mix. And I'm interested to see Arch-Angel and what he can do as one of the Four Horseman.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironman got that ass whooped! Great movie, sets up so many things for the future.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's took me a bit to warm up to, but if they do eventually 'kill' off Chris Evans' Captain America, Anthony Mackie will do a damn good job, IMO.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Civil War was an Amazing movie, best Marvel movie made to date! The airport fight scene was nothing short of spectacular, it was amazing. Tom Holland is going to be the best Spiderman ever, i'm calling it now. He knocked it out of the park with his performance.