• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marvel Cinematic Universe

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A post-credit scene! I can't believe I was not expecting that. But it makes total sense, seeing as this is MCU.

I liked everything regarding Puny. Bernthal was amazing. But the entire Elektra/Nobu/Stick story was crap. Unfortunately, I suspect S3 will focus on that arc.

So was the colonel supposed to be the Blacksmith? That was kinda sloppy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently this season is getting very mixed reviews. Can't say I disagree. Most of what I have read mirror a lot of my complaints as well. A lack of originality, lack of Fisk, new show runner...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently this season is getting very mixed reviews. Can't say I disagree. Most of what I have read mirror a lot of my complaints as well. A lack of originality, lack of Fisk, new show runner...
Man, I couldn't disagree more. Loved season 2 and think the few critics that ragged it are nuttier than squirrel poop

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the critics complaints were nuts from what I read. And even more so considering it's only based off half the season and most of the "complaints" we're due to not seeing the whole season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVED ep 3. The discussion between DD and Puny, followed by the the stairwell scene was awesome. But that stairwell scene, as awesome as it was, was just a copy of the S1 E2 scene. Then they redid it later (no idea what ep) with Castle in prison. We get it. DD and Puny can beat up a bunch of people at once in closed quarters.

Like I said, I really like the season, I really liked Puny, and I LOVED that they actually gave Fisk a decent sized role in this season. My complaints don't cancel that out. My complaints are just things I noticed.

Although, I fear I will not like Dr Strange or Iron Fist. I was REALLY not interested in any of the Elektra stuff and all the zombies. Theses arcs are some of the reasons I don't read comics. When the story completely abandons any kind of grasp on reality, I get lost (I realize I contradict myself with my love of TWD and my cherry-picking of suspension of disbelief.)

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVED ep 3. The discussion between DD and Puny, followed by the the stairwell scene was awesome. But that stairwell scene, as awesome as it was, was just a copy of the S1 E2 scene. Then they redid it later (no idea what ep) with Castle in prison. We get it. DD and Puny can beat up a bunch of people at once in closed quarters.

Like I said, I really like the season, I really liked Puny, and I LOVED that they actually gave Fisk a decent sized role in this season. My complaints don't cancel that out. My complaints are just things I noticed.

Although, I fear I will not like Dr Strange or Iron Fist. I was REALLY not interested in any of the Elektra stuff and all the zombies. Theses arcs are some of the reasons I don't read comics. When the story completely abandons any kind of grasp on reality, I get lost (I realize I contradict myself with my love of TWD and my cherry-picking of suspension of disbelief.)

I agree with you, it's just difficult to make an old geezer like Stick seem like a bad ass. The parts where his stunt double takes over are painfully obvious. The actress playing Elektra gave a good performance, but when they shifted the focus of the season over to that arc, I can't help but agree that it was nothing special. It just went from dramatic to comic-booky. The tone of the series changed when that happened. The last episode felt like an episode of Arrow.

S2 was still pretty damn good, but not as consistently good as S1 in my opinion.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Stick is the Chased...

Elektra is a Black Sky.

Matt has to be a Black Sky as well, doesn't he?

Stick told him that he was special. He basically adopted him. Matt was his second attempt at swaying a Black Sky away from the Hand.

Or is Matt just another Chased (Chaste?)? Is Stick actually a Black Sky himself?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished it... For the most part loved it...

Thought the PRE Elektra episodes were better though

Biggest complaint was that i hated how they concluded the Blacksmith and Punisher story... Way too many coincidences(with Frank Castle's family)...

Didn't love the black sky being elektra, thought that created many holes...

But overall another great rendition to the netflix and Marvel universe...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, here is the thing, once you open your mind to super powers you have to open your mind to the supernatural to some extent...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here is the thing, once you open your mind to super powers you have to open your mind to the supernatural to some extent...
Like I said, I acknowledge the hypocrisy in my stance. I just don't like the mysticism stories. Completely unengaging.

Of course, good writing and a good story can trump that. I have never been a fan of the zombie genre, yet TWD is one of my favorite shows ever.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I acknowledge the hypocrisy in my stance. I just don't like the mysticism stories. Completely unengaging.

Of course, good writing and a good story can trump that. I have never been a fan of the zombie genre, yet TWD is one of my favorite shows ever.

i mean, i do agree that the zombie arc for the most part was not as good as the punisher arc... it had its moments... i think they could have done it much better... but i don't mind the mystic... they have to warm us up for dr strange and iron fist...

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. The one that posted the similarity of Ep2 S1 and Ep3 S2.... Wow.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fucking heavy cry S2 Ep4 history!

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From episode 4-8 (just watched 8) the show got really boring and has super lame subplots

PLS MATT BE MY FRIEND ITS ME FOGGER PLS

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the lady at the end of SHIELD? They focused on her and had ominous music as if we had met her already. What am I forgetting?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the lady at the end of SHIELD? They focused on her and had ominous music as if we had met her already. What am I forgetting?

I think it was more about her being his daughter than anything else...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 6 episodes in with season 2 right now. Definitely enjoying The Punisher storyline a lot more than the Elektra storyline thus far.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 6 episodes in with season 2 right now. Definitely enjoying The Punisher storyline a lot more than the Elektra storyline thus far.
That feeling never changed for me.

Good season, overall. I just wasn't a fan of the Elektra arc.