• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martellus Bennett ranks Rodgers ahead of Brady

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats completely eliminating the games that Tom Brady was most responsible for losing

Like a couple of time vs the Ravens
Like 2 SB losses to the Giants
Like twice in Denver
Like the loss to Rex Ryans' Jets

yes, he could have 10 rings, if HE actually played better in many of those games

Than again, Im sure we could say the same about a lot of QB's in history

Most responsible for losing.

Ok, so the Patriots won because of plays everyone else made and they lost because of Brady?

That hardly seems fair.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, so the Patriots won because of plays everyone else made and they lost because of Brady?

That hardly seems fair.
I'll give you a hint on @DirtDirtDirt

He's going to go to the opposite extreme because he feels that it's a necessary counter to what he feels is blatant Brady nut-hugging on this board. He doesn't TRULY believe everything he says, I can promise you that. But he's also not going to go out of his way to acknowledge Brady's accomplishments when he feels that there are plenty of Brady ball-washers that will do that.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That hardly seems fair.

Absolutely not.......he played great the last 2 SB's especially, the one against the Panthers sticks out....My point is that a lot of factors played into him playing in all these Super Bowls (himself included) while my impression is that Rodgers has to be super human to get to Super Bowls, cause he usually doesnt get much help

I think Brady threw 4 picks against SD in a playoff WIN...I cant imagine the Packers ever overcoming 4 Rodgers picks'

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you a hint on @DirtDirtDirt

He's going to go to the opposite extreme because he feels that it's a necessary counter to what he feels is blatant Brady nut-hugging on this board. He doesn't TRULY believe everything he says, I can promise you that. But he's also not going to go out of his way to acknowledge Brady's accomplishments when he feels that there are plenty of Brady ball-washers that will do that.

Some truth to that.....If Brady ballwashers ever acknowledged the games he cost his team, or the games won with great assistance from teammates, id be more willing to acknowledge the great moments

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, those are Brady's FIRST 300 TDs. If you look at his last 300 TDs (which obviously there is overlap, but it corresponds almost perfectly with Rodgers first 300), you see that he's thrown 73 INTs to Rodgers 72.

Just think how great Rodgers numbers will become now that he is in the prime of his career. His percentage should go lower yet even though now he is significantly better than any other QB that has played the game. According to your numbers comparing era's Rodgers 12.7% better than any other QB who has played the game. In the future he most likely wont have years of 11 and 13 interceptions which brought his average up like he did in his early years so his % number should be going down even lower.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think how great Rodgers numbers will become now that he is in the prime of his career. His percentage should go lower yet even though now he is significantly better than any other QB that has played the game. According to your numbers comparing era's Rodgers 12.7% better than any other QB who has played the game. In the future he most likely wont have years of 11 and 13 interceptions which brought his average up like he did in his early years so his % number should be going down even lower.
Well that is just in the first 300 TDs of a career and just in terms of preventing turnovers. And it depends on how long he hangs on at the end too, who knows how he will age.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not.......he played great the last 2 SB's especially, the one against the Panthers sticks out....My point is that a lot of factors played into him playing in all these Super Bowls (himself included) while my impression is that Rodgers has to be super human to get to Super Bowls, cause he usually doesnt get much help

I think Brady threw 4 picks against SD in a playoff WIN...I cant imagine the Packers ever overcoming 4 Rodgers picks'
It was 3 INTs, and he also threw 2 TDs. The Packers won a game in which Rodgers threw 2 INTs and 0 TDs.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is just in the first 300 TDs of a career and just in terms of preventing turnovers. And it depends on how long he hangs on at the end too, who knows how he will age.

I did the numbers with Rodgers in his prime now playing better than his early years that if Rodgers continues the pace of his last 3 years which were 109 TDs and 20 interceptions he would hit 400 TDS before he gets to 100 interceptions.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers throws as good a ball as anybody has ever thrown in the NFL. The guy is not a winner but you can't deny the fact that he is a beautiful passer. He's essentially a modern-day version of Dan Marino.
Not a winner?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has seemed to take heat for not being a good teammate but that is more media hate then from his teammates themselves I am guessing

Packers OL Hilariously Thanks Aaron Rodgers for Beach Day With Beautiful Women

Today we celebrate our nations independence, and people all over this beautiful country are having barbecues and watching fireworks.

Some people, like Green Bay Packers offensive lineman David Bakhtiari, are on jet ski's enjoying the water and catching some rays.

He's also enjoying the dozen or so women that are surrounding him, and he owes it all to his quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

What a great friend. And people say Aaron Rodgers isn't a great teammate.

It's Christmas in July for the big fella, and obviously he knew exactly what his 6-5, 311-pound offensive tackle wants.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has seemed to take heat for not being a good teammate but that is more media hate then from his teammates themselves I am guessing
I had no idea Rodgers had that reputation until you said it. Gives credence to what Dirt said when he accused Rodgers of overinflating footballs in order to allow him to make better throws, at the expense of his receivers ability to catch.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a quarterback-driven league don't you think that the best quarterback in the league should have been to more than one Super Bowl in 10 years?

The game has never been more quarterback-friendly when it comes to putting up stats. The game has never been more quarterback-centric because that position determines wins and losses moreso in today's game than at any other time in history. It certainly gives a guy like Brady a head start over the all time greats of past generations when it comes to 'team' success.

Having said that, there still needs to be a team. I'd say Brady has been fairly successful as per his own individual play when it comes to playoff time. He most certainly isn't the best though.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hacks"

Some of the greatest QB's of all time by any measure

"Hacks"

This is why we laugh at Brady ballwashers
The "hacks" comment was partially tongue in cheek. But honestly, when talking TDs to INT ratios Brady is head and shoulders above those hacks.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter....Rodgers is still the better QB.[/QUOTE]

Because Ricky says so? That's a good one:pound:
Maybe when both are retired you can say that if we're talking careers or even last year.

Answer this if you would? The draft is today. You get to select TB or AR based on what you know of them today? Who do you pick and why?

My answer is easy. I go with championships. If I wanted stats I'd research Manning and Marino.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha stop I'm getting dizzy. Was it the NE defense? Oh no wait it was AV kicking field goals from his own EZ. Nope it was the dumb calls of the coaches. With all this so called talented WRs wouldn't he have put up more points?

You're funny

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both after the game was decided

Rodgers first drive, right down field, Crosby misses chip shot FG

Rodgers second drive, right down field, Fullback fumbles on the one

Next time Rodgers sees ball, he is down 17-0

Replace Rodgers with "Brady" and I wonder how much blame New Brady would be putting on their QB
No NE fans would be talking about how to come back from being down 28-3. Oh yeah and WIN.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point is that often young elite QBs need time to become that and likely Rodgers too is better in year 10 than year one. So at that point he was ahead in this particular aspect. Don't get all bent out of shape over it.

This is exactly where the insecurities shine through. Once in a while it would be nice if Pats fans didn't feel the need to defend everything seen as a slight against Brady. Heck ONCE would be nice.
Keep things in perspective. We're talking pick #199 vs. #24. Let that sink in for a moment. Then look at everything TB has accomplished. Add the constant haters daily drivel...Yep most sensible fans can understand the admiration.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but you can't sit here and claim that a) Atlanta never punted when they did twice, b) They only punted when the game was decided, even though the first punt occurred when it was 17-0, and c) That Atlanta never stopped scoring, when they punted when it was 17-0.

You can compare the two games, and obviously the Patriots defense did a hell of a lot better than the Packers, but you can't prop up the Falcons by making claims that aren't accurate.
Sure he can. Dirt knows no bounds. Facts just get in the way of his imagination.