• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martellus Bennett ranks Rodgers ahead of Brady

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game has never been more quarterback-friendly when it comes to putting up stats. The game has never been more quarterback-centric because that position determines wins and losses moreso in today's game than at any other time in history. It certainly gives a guy like Brady a head start over the all time greats of past generations when it comes to 'team' success.

Having said that, there still needs to be a team. I'd say Brady has been fairly successful as per his own individual play when it comes to playoff time. He most certainly isn't the best though.

Yeah. Brady has been fairly successful.

This board, lol.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Brady has been fairly successful.

This board, lol.

Hey, all teams need a good QB at the helm. Unfortunately, Brady has done nothing, everything the Pats have done has been because they created a golden parachute for Brady. Funny thing is that he never had to use it.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we do one of those "Who is the better player" things here

After the first 9 years of having full seasons playing as starting QB which player is better?

1. 296 TDs and 72 interceptions
2. 225 TDs and 99 interceptions

Is not the top qualities of being a QB throwing TD passes and keeping the ball with your own offense so they have more opportunities to score.

Now do wins and losses
Split by playoff and regular season if you like.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, all teams need a good QB at the helm. Unfortunately, Brady has done nothing, everything the Pats have done has been because they created a golden parachute for Brady. Funny thing is that he never had to use it.

At this point somebody who is still a direct Tom Brady hater is just not worth talking to.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point somebody who is still a direct Tom Brady hater is just not worth talking to.
The thing is my friend that certain pats fans have created unnecesary turmoil. I say you can't criticize fans for their over the top love of Brady. I can assure that serious pats fans have loved the team for many years. It's so easy for someone to say: "you've been a fan since Tom Brady." It is not true.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now do wins and losses
Split by playoff and regular season if you like.

Bennet was comparing individuals Brady and Rodgers not the teams the Patriots and Packers. It takes 11 players to win games not one. We are comparing the individual performances of 2 players during the first 9 years of starting at QB for each player.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennet was comparing individuals Brady and Rodgers not the teams the Patriots and Packers. It takes 11 players to win games not one. We are comparing the individual performances of 2 players during the first 9 years of starting at QB for each player.
Only 11 players? I knew defense didn't matter

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers is more talented, maybe has the most talent I've ever watched in person at the position.

That being said, as the goal is to win Championships, I'd take Brady every day of the week(and twice on Superbowl Sundays).

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is my friend that certain pats fans have created unnecesary turmoil. I say you can't criticize fans for their over the top love of Brady. I can assure that serious pats fans have loved the team for many years. It's so easy for someone to say: "you've been a fan since Tom Brady." It is not true.

You could say I've been a fan since Tom Brady.................. if Tom Brady's name was Mike Talaiferro or Joe Kapp.

I remember my friends and I being pretty damn excited when they drafted Plunkett out of Stanford. That didn't work out so well :L

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic..._is_undeniably_nfls_best_qb/s1_12680_24321835

Crazy stat shows Aaron Rodgers is undeniably NFL's best QB

There’s always a raging debate about who the best quarterback in the NFL is from year to year. But until Aaron Rodgers takes a tumble down the rabbit hole, he is undeniably the best quarterback in the NFL, despite what New England Patriots fans would tell you.

We could look at his career stats and conclude he’s well on his way to becoming a first-ballot Hall of Famer. In his nine years starting for the Green Bay Packers, Rodgers has completed 65.1 percent of his passes, throwing for 36,827 yards with 297 touchdowns and just 72 interceptions in 135 games.

It’s the final two numbers that matter the most. Touchdowns compared to interceptions. And here’s the crazy stat that proves Rodgers is the best of the best, per Bill Huber of Scout.com.

“Rodgers ranks No. 1 all-time with a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 4.12. Tom Brady ranks No. 2 at 3.00. If Rodgers were to open the upcoming season by throwing 26 consecutive interceptions, he would still be ahead of Brady with a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 3.03. Of course, that’s not going to happen. Rodgers has thrown a grand total of 26 interceptions the past four seasons.”

All we can do when faced with this evidence is say to Rodgers, “We’re not worthy!”

Kidding aside, what he’s been able to do — despite not having the same luxury of playing for Bill Belichick, who always keeps his roster well rounded and who protects his quarterback well — Rodgers is clearly the best the NFL has to offer. And don’t forget, he is the master of the Hail Mary, which only further adds to his mystique.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers is more talented, maybe has the most talent I've ever watched in person at the position.

That being said, as the goal is to win Championships, I'd take Brady every day of the week(and twice on Superbowl Sundays).
He has the rings so I see what you mean, but isn't the truth really that the Pats as an organization been better than others over the last two decades? Brady is part of that success and deserves his accolades, but if Rodgers and Brady switched places I'm betting he has those rings and probably more.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic..._is_undeniably_nfls_best_qb/s1_12680_24321835

Crazy stat shows Aaron Rodgers is undeniably NFL's best QB

There’s always a raging debate about who the best quarterback in the NFL is from year to year. But until Aaron Rodgers takes a tumble down the rabbit hole, he is undeniably the best quarterback in the NFL, despite what New England Patriots fans would tell you.

We could look at his career stats and conclude he’s well on his way to becoming a first-ballot Hall of Famer. In his nine years starting for the Green Bay Packers, Rodgers has completed 65.1 percent of his passes, throwing for 36,827 yards with 297 touchdowns and just 72 interceptions in 135 games.

It’s the final two numbers that matter the most. Touchdowns compared to interceptions. And here’s the crazy stat that proves Rodgers is the best of the best, per Bill Huber of Scout.com.

“Rodgers ranks No. 1 all-time with a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 4.12. Tom Brady ranks No. 2 at 3.00. If Rodgers were to open the upcoming season by throwing 26 consecutive interceptions, he would still be ahead of Brady with a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 3.03. Of course, that’s not going to happen. Rodgers has thrown a grand total of 26 interceptions the past four seasons.”

All we can do when faced with this evidence is say to Rodgers, “We’re not worthy!”

Kidding aside, what he’s been able to do — despite not having the same luxury of playing for Bill Belichick, who always keeps his roster well rounded and who protects his quarterback well — Rodgers is clearly the best the NFL has to offer. And don’t forget, he is the master of the Hail Mary, which only further adds to his mystique.
If you are going to compare their two careers, it's Brady. Over the last 9 seasons, Brady has a TD/INT ratio of 4.18:1 (2.66 times the league average) while Rodgers has a TD/INT ratio of 4.17:1 (2.61 times the league average).

So pretty much, in terms of throwing TDs and preventing INTs, they've been the same for the last 9 full seasons that each have played. Brady with a slight edge.

However, Brady has an additional 6 years with a TD/INT ratio of 1.88:1 (1.49 times the league average from 2001-2006). So equal for 9 years, and Brady has an additional 6 years at 50% higher than league average rate.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck. It's threads like this at this time of year that SCREAM for the season to start. Pre-season....anything.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOOOoooo.....if I am this tiny turd as you claim....you'll have no problem taking me on via logic and fact.....right? Riiiiiiggghhht?
I'll take that challenge:

Compared to the league average (eliminating all games under 14 attempts), Montana threw 27.4% more TDs and 31.6% fewer INTs than the league average from 1980-1994. I also eliminated the 1992 season.

Brady has thrown for 37.0% more touchdowns and 33.8% fewer interceptions than the league average from 2001-2016, and I eliminated 2008 from the numbers.

That's in 70 more games