• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martellus Bennett ranks Rodgers ahead of Brady

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please my friend

Do not hold your breath
Oh come on, can you guys not read? You assume because I'm a Patriots fan that everything I wrote was a defense of Brady. Even though the results of the research I did showed how much better Rodgers has been over EVERYBODY (including Brady) in preventing turnovers.

Hell, Patriots fans mentioned that Brady started in a tougher passing league, but I gave you ammo to counter that by showing that even when you take the league into account, Rodgers is still significantly better over his first 300 TDs.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on, can you guys not read? You assume because I'm a Patriots fan that everything I wrote was a defense of Brady. Even though the results of the research I did showed how much better Rodgers has been over EVERYBODY (including Brady) in preventing turnovers.

Hell, Patriots fans mentioned that Brady started in a tougher passing league, but I gave you ammo to counter that by showing that even when you take the league into account, Rodgers is still significantly better over his first 300 TDs.

Youre the best

A Unicorn

Its NEVER directed at you, I say that everyday, sorry if my copy and paste seemed made it appear it was directed at you

unicorn-animated-picture-gif-6.gif

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre the best

A Unicorn

Its NEVER directed at you, I say that everyday, sorry if my copy and paste seemed made it appear it was directed at you

unicorn-animated-picture-gif-6.gif
No I get it, it's just so freaking stupid that posters like jarntt will see that I'm a Pats fan, and assume all I'm doing is defending Brady. Reading comprehension is not that hard. It's just lazy criticism.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers throws as good a ball as anybody has ever thrown in the NFL. The guy is not a winner but you can't deny the fact that he is a beautiful passer. He's essentially a modern-day version of Dan Marino.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I get it, it's just so freaking stupid that posters like jarntt will see that I'm a Pats fan, and assume all I'm doing is defending Brady. Reading comprehension is not that hard. It's just lazy criticism.

key Word there being "PATS" fan, and I know you are

Whether you believe this or not, most of this board are just BRADY fans, and the Pats just happens to be the team he is on

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers throws as good a ball as anybody has ever thrown in the NFL. The guy is not a winner but you can't deny the fact that he is a beautiful passer. He's essentially a modern-day version of Dan Marino.

Wrong

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
key Word there being "PATS" fan, and I know you are

Whether you believe this or not, most of this board are just BRADY fans, and the Pats just happens to be the team he is on
And you're just an Eli Manning fan.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happens a lot here.

On another thread I was recently told by another poster that I was calling Kelly Olynyk trash since he is no longer a Celtic because I said that he is a gifted offensive player who runs the floor well, shoots well and passes well. But he is inconsistent and he doesn't rebound or defend like a seven footer.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happens a lot here.

On another thread I was recently told by another poster that I was calling Kelly Olynyk trash since he is no longer a Celtic because I said that he is a gifted offensive player who runs the floor well, shoots well and passes well. But he is inconsistent and he doesn't rebound or defend like a seven footer.
upload_2017-7-7_10-59-54.jpeg

Miami gets another beautiful person. So long my sweet prince.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a quarterback-driven league don't you think that the best quarterback in the league should have been to more than one Super Bowl in 10 years?

let me respond with a question

Would Tom Brady be less of a QB if Malcolm Butler doesnt make the greatest defensive play in SB History?

Would he be less of a QB if Matt Ryan and the Falcons dont do everything in their power to choke away the SB last year.......Or if Hightower and that other dude with the sack dont make the plays they do to win that game?

Would he be less of a QB if the defense didnt win them a SB where he threw for 145 yards?

or if the Tuck Rule is never called?

or if Adam Vinatieri was human, and like every other kicker, he missed by a foot right a few times?

No Question, Brady has been spectacular in a lot of big Games, his last 2 rings especially.

But if you wanna be honest for a second, Rodgers just isnt getting that type of assistance from his team, specifically his defense......He gave his defense a what? 28-3 lead over Dallas last year? And he had to fight for his life to pull the game out?

If you want to be fair, which I dont expect Brady fans to be, its comparing apples and oranges

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or if Adam Vinatieri was human, and like every other kicker, he missed by a foot right a few times?

But if you wanna be honest for a second, Rodgers just isnt getting that type of assistance from his team, specifically his defense......
I'm just going to respond to these two things because they stuck out.

Vinatieri did miss two short FGs in Super Bowl 38, so his late-game heroics would have been moot had he nailed just one of those.

Rodgers did get to the Super Bowl in large part thanks to his defense.

For the rest of it, here's what I'll say. The Patriots have had 8 seasons where they essentially had a 50/50 shot at winning the Super Bowl. 2001, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2015, and 2016. All seasons in which if 1 or 2 plays goes their way, they likely win the Super Bowl, if 1 or 2 plays go the other way, they lose. And they've won 4 of those 8. So they have had both good and bad luck. The greatness of the team is that they have put themselves in that position to win a championship a total of 9 times in Brady's 15 years. And obviously Brady/Belichick is the biggest reason for that. So we can point to single plays over and over again, but putting yourself into position to be a coin-flip play away from winning or losing the Super Bowl is excellent.

2004 was the only season that I felt they were the best team by far, and no games in that playoff run came down to 1 or 2 plays. Even though the Super Bowl final score was close, I haven't been more confident during any Super Bowl since.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, cause it's not like you went on to keep trying to justify Brady with his next 300 TDs, etc...Own up. Your pom-poms were being shaken like a 10th grade girl trying to get on the varsity cheer squad.

I may be stupid but I know what love is

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me respond with a question

Would Tom Brady be less of a QB if Malcolm Butler doesnt make the greatest defensive play in SB History?

Would he be less of a QB if Matt Ryan and the Falcons dont do everything in their power to choke away the SB last year.......Or if Hightower and that other dude with the sack dont make the plays they do to win that game?

Would he be less of a QB if the defense didnt win them a SB where he threw for 145 yards?

or if the Tuck Rule is never called?

No Question, Brady has been spectacular in a lot of big Games, his last 2 rings especially.

But if you wanna be honest for a second, Rodgers just isnt getting that type of assistance from his team, specifically his defense......He gave his defense a what? 28-3 lead over Dallas last year? And he had to fight for his life to pull the game out?

If you want to be fair, which I dont expect Brady fans to be, its comparing apples and oranges

Sure I like being fair. Of course football is a team game. If you want to continue being fair? I could name you half a dozen other singular plays that his teammates did not make and other big playoff games that had they made? Brady would probably have about ten rings by now.

I watch all NFL Playoff games but I would be lying if I sat here and said that I remember the nuances of every play and every game of Packers playoff games.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to respond to these two things because they stuck out.

Vinatieri did miss two short FGs in Super Bowl 38, so his late-game heroics would have been moot had he nailed just one of those.

Rodgers did get to the Super Bowl in large part thanks to his defense.

For the rest of it, here's what I'll say. The Patriots have had 8 seasons where they essentially had a 50/50 shot at winning the Super Bowl. 2001, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2015, and 2016. All seasons in which if 1 or 2 plays goes their way, they likely win the Super Bowl, if 1 or 2 plays go the other way, they lose. And they've won 4 of those 8. So they have had both good and bad luck. The greatness of the team is that they have put themselves in that position to win a championship a total of 9 times in Brady's 15 years. And obviously Brady/Belichick is the biggest reason for that. So we can point to single plays over and over again, but putting yourself into position to be a coin-flip play away from winning or losing the Super Bowl is excellent.

2004 was the only season that I felt they were the best team by far, and no games in that playoff run came down to 1 or 2 plays. Even though the Super Bowl final score was close, I haven't been more confident during any Super Bowl since.

Which emphasizes the point, that like Brady, if his defense delivered in the way Bradys' has year in and year out, that Rodgers would have much more SB success.......

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I like being fair. Of course football is a team game. If you want to continue being fair? I could name you half a dozen other singular plays that his teammates did not make and other big playoff games that had they made? Brady would probably have about ten rings by now.

I watch all NFL Playoff games but I would be lying if I sat here and said that I remember the nuances of every play and every game of Packers playoff games.

Thats completely eliminating the games that Tom Brady was most responsible for losing

Like a couple of time vs the Ravens
Like 2 SB losses to the Giants
Like twice in Denver
Like the loss to Rex Ryans' Jets

yes, he could have 10 rings, if HE actually played better in many of those games

Than again, Im sure we could say the same about a lot of QB's in history

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, cause it's not like you went on to keep trying to justify Brady with his next 300 TDs, etc...Own up. Your pom-poms were being shaken like a 10th grade girl trying to get on the varsity cheer squad.

I may be stupid but I know what love is
Aaron Rodgers: 297 TDs, 72 INTs
Tom Brady's last 297 TDs, 72 INTs

I'm sorry if you don't find that interesting. And I'll say this one more time.

I THINK AARON RODGERS IS THE BEST QB IN THE NFL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers: 297 TDs, 72 INTs
Tom Brady's last 297 TDs, 72 INTs

I'm sorry if you don't find that interesting. And I'll say this one more time.

I THINK AARON RODGERS IS THE BEST QB IN THE NFL
Apology accepted...

and of course Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which emphasizes the point, that like Brady, if his defense delivered in the way Bradys' has year in and year out, that Rodgers would have much more SB success.......
I'm sure he would. I've said before, I think Brady has had 2 Super Bowl runs where he was consistently great. 2004 and 2014. This last year, he had 2 great games at the end, but if Brock Osweiler isn't the opposing QB in the Divisional Round...we're likely effed.