• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners trade deadline thread

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August trade candidates: who would we be willing t part with, that another team might be interested in, and who would passs through waivers?

Logan Morrison - doubt if there will be interest. Logan is a candidate to be non-tendered this winter. Through arbitration, his salary is going to be about $5 million and I doubt if they will want to pay him that much.

Austin Jackson - doubt if there will be interest. As a pending free agent, is he a type A, requiring compensation? If he is, he may not find a job next year.

Mark Trumbo - someone is going to trade for him. His power will come back if a team like tthe Yankees or Astros pick him up. He needs to be playing in a bandbox.

Joe Biemel/Tom Wilhelmsen/David Rollins - no interest

Fernando Rodney - So far, this 'tipping pitches' bullshit seems to have some legs. He has a 0.00 ERA since that crap came out. A few more decent outings and he will get attention from other clubs.

Franklin Gutierrez - If the mariners are willing to let him go, someone will pick him up. He's the perfect reserve outfielder. Hits lefties and is still a plus defender.

Seth Smith - signed through next year at $7 million. Doubt if they trade him unless they get a pretty good package. And I don't think he'd pass through waivers anyway. He would get blocked ny other teams.

Hisashi iwakuma - Yeah, add me to the list of posters who are dumbfounded by the ownership's position concerning kuma. He should be on the trading block.

Cruz/Cano/Hernandez - not getting traded. No further discussion necessary.

And everyone else is too young. Trading them for prospects at this point would probably be counter-productive.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to keep Smith and move Trumbo... I like Smith's approach at the plate and agree with you, he'd get blocked by other teams if he is waived...

There will be no interest in LoMo, a poor hitting 1B...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keri notes that Anthopoulos was on the phone with Mariners counterpart Jack Zduriencik discussing Mark Lowe when Dombrowski came calling with the info that he was ready to move Price. “I’m dying to jump off the phone, but I don’t want to do that to Jack,” said Anthopoulos. “I did really want Price, though. So I did hurry it along.”

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the return we got for the players that we ended up trading. Still wish Kuma got traded but didn't expect him to be traded by this ridiculous org.