• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Mark Jackson is gone

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors interviewing for Hollins

Report: Lionel Hollins to interview for Warriors job next weekBy Matt Moore | NBA writer

61313_Hollins.jpg
Lionel Hollins will reportedly interview with Golden State. (USATSI)
Yahoo Sports reports that former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins will interview next week for the open Warriors position after Mark Jackson was fired last week.
It's an interesting candidate considering Hollins was reportedly not retained by the Grizzlies after his contract expired for precisely the same reason Jackson was let go -- not getting along with ownership.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors interviewing for Hollins

Report: Lionel Hollins to interview for Warriors job next weekBy Matt Moore | NBA writer

61313_Hollins.jpg
Lionel Hollins will reportedly interview with Golden State. (USATSI)
Yahoo Sports reports that former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins will interview next week for the open Warriors position after Mark Jackson was fired last week.
It's an interesting candidate considering Hollins was reportedly not retained by the Grizzlies after his contract expired for precisely the same reason Jackson was let go -- not getting along with ownership.

Yeah if Kerr doesn't get hired by Monday. IMO hollins is Allright but I rather have Stan van gundy

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If a coach improves GSW it will be because 2 possible reasons

1) The Front Office made some damn good moves in the offseason to improve the bench
2) They actually stayed healthy for most of the season

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) The Front Office made some damn good moves in the offseason to improve the bench

The reason for changing coaches at this point would be to go further into the playoffs. I personally don't believe a different coach will make them any better, but we will see

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason for changing coaches at this point would be to go further into the playoffs. I personally don't believe a different coach will make them any better, but we will see

Actually I do think a really good coach like SVG would make them a 55-56 win team. But we will see how big of a gap it is between a very good in gundy vs MJ

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Jackson only has himself to blame. He failed to develop more imaginative offensive sets despite having the best shooting backcourt in the league, failed to give his bench players consistent playing time despite the money being spent on the reserves, failed to give Green an opportunity even when it was clear David Lee wasn't the answer, failed to make in-game adjustments, and failed to bring in better assistants even though the money was there. All of which Kerr addressed in his first season. Jackson lucked into a talented roster, but ownership and GM Bob Myers were smart to know his record was much better than his coaching acumen.

There's a reason no other NBA team has touched Mark Jackson since his ass got fired.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know this how? The team in GSW was never a title contender and you can thank management for that. Jackson did the best you could do with the roster he had. This team will never get out of the 2nd round barring major injuries to the teams above them. They will always be a 5-7 seed and best case scenario is to make it to the 2nd round.

How can you say he will never get you to the promise land if he had a team that NOBODY ever considered as title contenders. When he coaches a title contender and gets eliminated in round 1 and 2 then you can make that ridiculous statement:lame:

I wanna see that crow bk lol