• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Wentz is staying

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the offers are a joke which is great news! Personally I think it would be a huge mistake to trade him

What are your thoughts on this?

Lets give Sirianni a chance to fix him. Draft Chase or Smith with our first pick to give him that dynamic weapon to pair with Reagor.

If we could only get rid of Howie. He is the biggest problem with this team

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the offers are a joke which is great news! Personally I think it would be a huge mistake to trade him

What are your thoughts on this?

Lets give Sirianni a chance to fix him. Draft Chase or Smith with our first pick to give him that dynamic weapon to pair with Reagor.

If we could only get rid of Howie. He is the biggest problem with this team
He's not a good Eagle.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year ago he was the first quarterback to throw for 4000 yards without a single 1000 yard receiver. Playing with a bunch of practice squad players.
Put the team on his back to get them in the playoffs despite a head coach that was completely incompetent

So what does the organization do....they draft a quarterback with the 2nd round pick????

Wentz is not the problem. We can still salvage this if Lurie would do the right thing and demote Howie back to the closet.

That is the only thing that can fix this right now

Boomers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH I don't care either way, if we get good value for him, why not. with our cap woes we aren't going to be very good for a couple year.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year ago he was the first quarterback to throw for 4000 yards without a single 1000 yard receiver. Playing with a bunch of practice squad players.
Put the team on his back to get them in the playoffs despite a head coach that was completely incompetent

So what does the organization do....they draft a quarterback with the 2nd round pick????

Wentz is not the problem. We can still salvage this if Lurie would do the right thing and demote Howie back to the closet.

That is the only thing that can fix this right now
I was a big Wentz defender here for years. But if you can't see how Wentz was very much a problem this last year you are not being honest. He was downright terrible.

As a Washington fan I'd like to see him traded, just on the 1 in a thousand chance he can be salvaged. But after the injury I don't think you can expect 2017 Wentz ever again.

Boomers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is Howie is trying to play hard ball, and might endup not getting any offers, then your stuck with a even more disgruntled QB.

Maybe this is what it will take for Jeffery to see Howie needs to go.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Title of this thread tickles my pickle.

Don't stop.

Can't stop.

Fly Carson Fly.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big Wentz defender here for years. But if you can't see how Wentz was very much a problem this last year you are not being honest. He was downright terrible.

As a Washington fan I'd like to see him traded, just on the 1 in a thousand chance he can be salvaged. But after the injury I don't think you can expect 2017 Wentz ever again.
He definitely struggled in 2020 and had an awful year. But there were also a lot of factors that lead to that. It wasn't all on him
I just think it's way to early to give up on him after one bad year. But at the same time it seems very clear that he wants nothing to do with staying here as long as Howie is running the show.

Sad thing is Howie is trying to play hard ball, and might endup not getting any offers, then your stuck with a even more disgruntled QB.

Maybe this is what it will take for Jeffery to see Howie needs to go.

I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 1st this year and a 2nd next year that can become a 1st based on Wentz's performance.
Otherwise there is no point in trading him. I don't think Howie will anyways because he knows how bad this will make him look.
If Howie trades him to the Colts for a 2nd round pick and he plays well and takes the Colts to the playoffs.....ouch....Howie will not have a job after that.....and he knows that.

That's why I think he will stick to his guns for two 1st round picks plus....other late round picks
He knows he has to hit a home run.....which is why I think there is a very good chance he does not get traded

Bradford got a 1st and 4th and Wentz has way more potential then that

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind keeping Wentz. I hope the new coach can get him back on track.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a team representative is visiting with Wentz. Hopefully it's not too late to fix this relationship and we can stop with the trade Wentz

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of 'new' eagles fans around here

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz was awful last year but I'm not trading him for scrub picks either. We know Wentz is a very good QB when he's right. Even if the odds of him getting shit together is only 10% I'm not trading that for a backup safety I take in rd 4

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd stay with Wentz. But is he really healthy. Why did he make so many errant passes last year? He had a good 2019 completing 63% of his passes for 4,000 yards. Went out after the helmet to helmet in the WC vs Seattle in a winnable game. Lost 17-9.

Eagles need more defense, obviously.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy to keep Wentz and let him compete for the starting job. He needs to understand that a lot of us still think he can lead this team. He just needs to step up and be that guy. If not, Hurts will win the job. I am going to support who ever gets the starts. :)

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29 years old.
0 playoff wins.
less than 1 quarter of playoff action.
a mediocre starting record.
benched last season.
frequently injured.
outplayed by his backups, repeatedly.
trashed by teammates behind his back.
consistently misses open receivers.
shit accuracy.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not against the Wentz trade
His time seemed to be up in Philly
I do think he is going to do well in Indy and I hope he wins a Superbowl there next year

That being said - spin it any way you want but that is a lousy trade

2 picks? wow

And the Eagles take the $33 mill cap hit

Frankly at that return I would have rather the Eagles kept Wentz

Boomers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not thrilled about the picks, but atleast the drama is over.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a very sad day today.

The Colts clearly wanted Wentz. I am okay with the 3rd pick for this year but there should have been more conditional picks.
If Wentz plays great next season ( which I think he will and obviously so do the Colts ), then we should have received more than just a 1st round pick.

At least a 2nd that turns into a 1 and a 3 that turns into a 2.
Obviously the 2nd will become a one. But that isn't enough.

Just can't believe how bad they fucked up this whole situation.

This isn't good enough but it is what it is.

Time to move on