• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Mark Jackson is gone

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps.

Can you guess the team below who suffered the following "bad home losses"?

Boston Loss 111-110

Detroit Loss 107-97

Brooklyn Loss 96-95

Denver Loss 111-107

Minnesota Loss 122-121

Brooklyn Loss 88-87

BTW: I believe the Warriors are a top 7 team in the NBA with Jackson as the coach. What would they have been with Kerr or Van Gundy this year? BEtter? How much better? Worse?

Losses or not - remember one thing - Jackson took the Warriors with virtually unknown rookies on a team that had missed the playoffs 16 of 17 years and made the playoffs three years straight now. That's impressive when you consider how stacked the Western Conference is and competitive. I seriously don't think you're going to see another coach come in here and do better than that. Which means the Warriors will do worse

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heat were coasting all year to go on another run IMO. Hence why they have more losses

Here's an easy one. Which team unlikely won the following games on the road this year?

@ Memphis, @ Miami, @ Indiana, @ Portland, @ Dallas, and one playoff game @ LA CLIPS?!?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an easy one. Which team unlikely won the following games on the road this year?

@ Memphis, @ Miami, @ Indiana, @ Portland, @ Dallas, and one playoff game @ LA CLIPS?!?

Obviously warriors but still no excuse for having 9 bad home losses. Win 4 of them and you're looking at a top 4 seed

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losses or not - remember one thing - Jackson took the Warriors with virtually unknown rookies on a team that had missed the playoffs 16 of 17 years and made the playoffs three years straight now. That's impressive when you consider how stacked the Western Conference is and competitive. I seriously don't think you're going to see another coach come in here and do better than that. Which means the Warriors will do worse

They won't do worse next year but I agree for the most part. But trading monta for bogut turned the franchise around instantly. This mark Jackson stuff kinda reminds me of the day ellis got traded

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two straight years of playoffs.

BTW: if I were betting, I'd wager the Warriors finish the season in the 5-7 slot again next year (barring major injury). Yes, the West if VERY stacked. The Suns didn't make the playoffs, and are arguably just as good as any team in the east except Miami.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously warriors but still no excuse for having 9 bad home losses. Win 4 of them and you're looking at a top 4 seed

I agree but not every time you have a bad L you should blame the coach. If something was wrong with the game plan then ok but if the players just had a bad night or got outworked then it is 100% on the players

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:yo: Good point. There were some embarrassing home loses. One can accept a few but…

We'll see if the problem was Jackson, the weak bench, the youthful makeup of the team, or the fact that on some nights nobody could score (and Iggy was invisible for long stretches on offense).

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two straight years of playoffs.

BTW: if I were betting, I'd wager the Warriors finish the season in the 5-7 slot again next year (barring major injury). Yes, the West if VERY stacked. The Suns didn't make the playoffs, and are arguably just as good as any team in the east except Miami.

I'm gonna bet they get a 4-5 seed next year

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but not every time you have a bad L you should blame the coach. If something was wrong with the game plan then ok but if the players just had a bad night or got outworked then it is 100% on the players

The gameplan was never to good to begin with. It was basically a do whatever you want offense. And I agree everything is not on the coach but you have to have some plan on offense other than steph and klay going crazy

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But honestly I'm just interested to see who they get..

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking that it was his first head coaching job in the NBA ever and he took a team that was 1-17 in the making to playoffs to 3-0 with injured players every year - Coaches don't win championships - players do and I think he did a good job, but did not get along with upper management -was his only problem

Yeah, when you get into it with the owners son and refuse to visit and be respectful on the plantation it can have consequences well beyond the scope of molding a championship caliber team. :nod:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like battle between Kerr and Stan Van gundy

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a really good hire IMO

I think it would be an okay, but not necessarily any better than what they had. That's the part they don't get. Different coach does not necessarily make them better

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports here in Chicago is that the warriors will talk to thibs. Bulls management is so fucking stupid

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be an okay, but not necessarily any better than what they had. That's the part they don't get. Different coach does not necessarily make them better

Are you kidding man Stan has the 6th best winning percentage all time. Has been to the conference finals and finals 3 of the 8 years coaching. He's gotten so many players to overachieve