• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like it's going to be San Diego

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm becoming convinced that you're incapable of conceding any point what so ever.

It's such a simple statement and concept that there's more pressure to win placed upon any heavily favored team in any sport.

No, it's not that we're incapable of conceding your point. It's that your point is stupid and doesn't make any sense. These are professional athletes in a single elimination tournament. The guys on a 9-7 team want to move on just as much as the guys on a 13-3 team. If you agree with this idea, (and you should because it is true) then you are actually arguing with yourself. Which I'm sure happens a lot with you.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England is already being hailed for having exceeded expectations by a mile. Broncs and Peyton have a reputation, deserved or not, of choking playoff games. Facing the lowest seed coming off a record setting year puts ALL the pressure on the Broncs.

Jesus Christ, can't you Broncs fans cop to anything?

In 2007 ALL the pressure was on the Pats. In the SB they played tight and lost. To this day, nobody thinks the 9-7 Giants were a better team than the 16-0 Pats but they played looser and better on that day.

There will be tremendous pressure on the Broncs throughout the playoffs but it will be most acute next weekend when the team they're so heavily favored to win will actually be playing loose with no expectation of them winning.

Hell, I ain't saying they will win but if I had to bet, I'd take the Bolts + 10pts.

Ar you cats expecting to cover 10+ ?

LOL "Hailed" by whom? Pretty sure that NE was seen as the second most likely SB favorite in the AFC when the season began, so I assume you mean that they have done a good job to earn the two seed, despite some key injuries. While I agree with that, I think it's also worth noting that other teams, including Denver, have also suffered key injuries. Finally, what is with using "cats" and "cop"? What are you a beat nick who enjoys fishing?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patsy fan is desperate. :lol:

No kidding. The way he keeps running his cock holster around here you would think the Patriots and Broncos already stamped their tickets to the AFCCG!

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm becoming convinced that you're incapable of conceding any point what so ever.

It's such a simple statement and concept that there's more pressure to win placed upon any heavily favored team in any sport.

This has ZERO to do with being a Bronco fan. It's the way I personally look at it. If you don't agree with how I look at it, fine. I could care less. Again do you really think Manning and the Broncos are stressed more than the Chargers this week because of their seeding? To me that's a silly argument from any Bronco, Pat, or Charger fan.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer.... whether you like it or not, my statement about the Chargers feeling pressure next week is just as valid as yours about the Broncos. But you can't seem to admit that either.

Meanwhile, I'm sure the Pats and Brady are feeling the pressure of getting one more ring before Brady declines/ retires. Been what....ten-eleven years since they last won?

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England is already being hailed for having exceeded expectations by a mile. Broncs and Peyton have a reputation, deserved or not, of choking playoff games. Facing the lowest seed coming off a record setting year puts ALL the pressure on the Broncs.

In 2007 ALL the pressure was on the Pats. In the SB they played tight and lost. To this day, nobody thinks the 9-7 Giants were a better team than the 16-0 Pats but they played looser and better on that day.

There will be tremendous pressure on the Broncs throughout the playoffs but it will be most acute next weekend when the team they're so heavily favored to win will actually be playing loose with no expectation of them winning.

Hell, I ain't saying they will win but if I had to bet, I'd take the Bolts + 10pts.

I just think its sad that the Bronco's cant just play 3 games against new england for the trophy

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Chargers fan but I don't doubt this for a second. The Chargers beat a bad team today. Next week they face a real team on a mission and I think we all know what's going to happen. My vCa$h will be on Denver. :bawling:

That's bad karma HD!!!

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers have won 5 straight, beat some good teams in the process. Now I think/hope its time for one of Phillips patented choke jobs. This will be a much different games than the Thursday night game the Chargers won. I think the team and crowd never really got into it, mainly because it was a Thursday night game. One thing is for sure, Mile High will be rockin and make it tough of Rivers and the Chargers offense.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to a good game guys. If it wasn't for KC's implosion we'd still have 3 of 4 AFC West teams in the mix, plus old AFC West member Seattle as the #1 seed. Good to see the focus back on this side of the country.

I find it interesting that the 3 teams Denver lost to are the 3 other teams remaining in the AFC.

Chargers played relaxed against the Bengals and executed well. The thing that still bothers me is they turned 4 turnovers into only 6 points. They still have redzone issues which they cannot afford to have in Denver.

I think the last game being fresh in Denver's mind will prevent them from looking at SD as a 6 seed that they'll roll over. With Welker back my head says Denver should win this game, but the Chargers have that look of a team of destiny. Manning has won 3 of the last 4 against the Bolts, but is 0-2 against them in the playoffs (yeah I know, not even the same team).

I think Denver's defense will have to have an above average game to assure a win. The way SD is playing with the defense finally healthy makes me believe they can hold Denver under 30 for a third time. The question is can they score 30? We'll see.

Hard to believe we've never played in the playoffs before.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to a good game guys. If it wasn't for KC's implosion we'd still have 3 of 4 AFC West teams in the mix, plus old AFC West member Seattle as the #1 seed. Good to see the focus back on this side of the country.

I find it interesting that the 3 teams Denver lost to are the 3 other teams remaining in the AFC.

Chargers played relaxed against the Bengals and executed well. The thing that still bothers me is they turned 4 turnovers into only 6 points. They still have redzone issues which they cannot afford to have in Denver.

I think the last game being fresh in Denver's mind will prevent them from looking at SD as a 6 seed that they'll roll over. With Welker back my head says Denver should win this game, but the Chargers have that look of a team of destiny. Manning has won 3 of the last 4 against the Bolts, but is 0-2 against them in the playoffs (yeah I know, not even the same team).

I think Denver's defense will have to have an above average game to assure a win. The way SD is playing with the defense finally healthy makes me believe they can hold Denver under 30 for a third time. The question is can they score 30? We'll see.

Hard to believe we've never played in the playoffs before.

I pretty much agree with all of this. I think the keys for Denver are likely to be how well we run the ball and defend the run. We didn't do either of those things very well in either of the first two meetings, which were presumably big factors in SD having a large advantage in TOP in both games. I'm pretty sure that we can run effectively, but we have to stay committed to keeping the SD defense honest, instead of abandoning the run, like we did in the game a few weeks ago. Whether we can effectively defend the run is more of a concern to me.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the three teams left in the play offs in the AFC, just so happens to be responsible for the three Ls on the Broncos schedule.

The Chargers are one of the hotter teams in the league, and I think McCoy is a really good coach. He really knows how to utilize what he has, and exploit the strengths on offense. Not to mention that the Chargers are playing really well on defense too.

I know I come across as a Debbie downer, but this game will be very difficult. I do not think that was a fluke a few weeks ago. I am just hoping JDR comes up with something.

Let us also consider the Chargers have traditionally been a real thorn for Mannning, especially in the play offs.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pats have been favored to win the SB, virtually every year for the last decade. Decade = 10 year in case you do not know.

It is has been 10 years since the last SB victory for the Pats, and in that time the great Brady is 7 and 7 in the play offs. Could have sworn the Pats lost last year to the Ravens, JUST LIKE THE BRONCOS. Except, of course the Pats were never really in that game. Did not need to go to OT and the Pats did not score 14 points.

Oh thats right. None of that counts cause "Brady won 3 SBs." Yeah, probably had nothing to do with a championship style defense, tuck rules, Vinatieri (considering all of the SB wins were won by a FG), or a 1600 rusher, or great OL. It was ALL BRADY. Cause when Brady and Manning played "head to head" Manning always had those great defenses playing for him as well. Oh wait, did Manning have that?:noidea:

Anyway, yes the Pats (Brady) should and will be saddled with what I call the biggest choke in the history of sports. The funny thing about that is it was repeated AGAIN in virtually the same manner.

[YOUTUBE]5lk-wWUQKBg[/YOUTUBE]

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I assume you mean that they have done a good job to earn the two seed, despite some key injuries.

Correct.

I think it's also worth noting that other teams, including Denver, have also suffered key injuries.

Correct again, however, they had a record breaking season.

Finally, what is with using "cats" and "cop"? What are you a beat nick who enjoys fishing?

Yes, I actually do fish quite a bit. Hope that doesn't bother you cats.

Meanwhile, I'm sure the Pats and Brady are feeling the pressure of getting one more ring before Brady declines/ retires. Been what....ten-eleven years since they last won?

Yes, absolutely. See how easy it is to concede a point? See, when you're capable of that, it becomes a discussion. Yes, tremendous pressure on Brady for the remainder of his career.

Again do you really think Manning and the Broncos are stressed more than the Chargers this week because of their seeding?

Yes, absolutely.

The Pats have been favored to win the SB, virtually every year for the last decade. Decade = 10 year in case you do not know.

Not this year. We're sitting much much much better than anyone predicted.

....you cats love me around here.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer, the Broncos and the Pats (with a slight preponderance toward the Pats) were the AFC favorites this season. A couple brave sports writers picked the Texans :-)laugh3:) or Bengals, but the vast majority stuck to the safe picks of Broncos/Patriots and out of those writers, most picked Patriots.

Now the Vegas book makers I believe had the Broncos as a slight favorite over the Patriots. Keep in mind, Vegas doesn't set lines or odds based on who they actually think is going to win (unlike a sports writer making a prediction). They set them to entice equal action on both sides of the bet so that the house clears regardless of the result. So even with the Broncos as slight favorites, it's a business decision more so than an actual prediction.

The Broncos and Patriots both have their hands full this week. The Colts are capable of going into Foxboro and knocking the Patriots out of the playoffs. The Chargers are capable of doing the same to the Broncos. All this talk from you is a bit premature because both of our teams have a major hurdle to clear before any of this becomes relevant.

Why don't you go take the week off or go haunt the Colts board for a while? Or another option you may consider, go talk about the Patriots with fellow Patriots fans.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't think that we will run the ball only 11 times, like we did in that loss a few weeks ago. I'm pretty confident that as disappointed as our fans were after the loss to the Ravens last year, the players and coaches were far more disappointed. I fully expect the team to be prepared to the best of its ability to make sure that that doesn't happen again. I think the Chargers will have to play awfully well to have a chance to win.

I certainly hope you're right, TD. Just seemed like we couldn't get anything going against SD at home this year. We didn't have a first down for almost an entire half of football. Just hope we get to it today, work our butts off in practice, and hopefully the coaching staff will put together a good game plan.

Them having Mike McCoy as coach really irks me. They seemed to have just the right gameplan for us in Denver this year. I hope we're thinking outside the box this week......at least a little bit :nod:

I didn't remember we only ran the ball 11 times. We got behind though, so I know we had to start throwing. I hope we can jump out early on them this time around.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ftbll, it's agree with us or GTFO?

Here's an early prediction chart from espn. Notice that three of the writers picked Broncs to win it all while none of them picked the Pats.

NFL expert predictions: 2013 season - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Why has it been a decade since the Pats won it all, and if Brady is truly someone that wins games single handedly, and the only reason they won 3 SBs in the early 2ks, why is he 7 and 7 since their last SB win a decade ago?

I am waiting for that answer?

Also, how did Sanchez beat Brady in Foxboro in the play offs? Any explanations for that?

Why did Flacco lead his team to 28 points as compared to 13 points that Brady scored? Any explanations for that?

Why did Eli Manning out duel Brady twice in the SB? Is Eli better than Brady? Well, he would have to be right? Right?

Decade = 10 years.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady is truly someone that wins games single handedly

Don't know of anybody who has ever said that. You guys change the subject like chicks.

Why did Eli Manning out duel Brady twice in the SB?

David Tyree caught a pass he should have dropped and Wes Welker dropped a ball he should have caught.

Now, can we get back to denying that the Broncs are huge favorites?