• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like it's going to be San Diego

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure quite a few on here and even some over on the NE board have all called you an idiot. Have you ever heard that saying "If your looking for the stupid person in the room and can't find them then most likely it is you"? Right now that is you. Your football knowledge I'm sorry but is truly lacking. Over on the NE board you didn't even know that the 3-seed was the highest seed in the AFC Wildcard. That is a pretty easy one. Now I would let it slip but there have been plenty of other times that you just don't seem to even grasp the simplest of concepts when it comes to football.

On here we have tried to be half way cordial to you being on our board but if you are going to come to another team's board at least know half way what you are talking about. I like discussing football with fans from other teams but hard to discuss with you when all you seem to want to do is get under our skins and talk about Peyton not being able to play in the cold yet produce nothing of actual facts to back up your argument other than "the media says it to be true." Are you one of those that believes the Onion News Network is a real news network?

Some times you have to deal with an asshole very day.

When everyone is an asshole, it's actually you that is the asshole.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some times you have to deal with an asshole very day.

When everyone is an asshole, it's actually you that is the asshole.

I may very well have this done up special by one of my print companies and randomly leave copies all over my office.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness..........

Every time I check in on this website the NE homer is posting in here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness..........

What is funny is any time a Bronco fan posts once on the NE board it doesn't matter if it is a civil post or not he starts screaming troll and can't believe you would come to their board. Yet I think he lives on our board more than his own. Hmmm I would post the definition of a troll but not sure he could comprehend its meaning.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness..........

"You smell something, Rabbit?"

"Yeah." *sniff sniff* "Fear!"

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys sure are angry. My apologies.

If you win it all I will be back to offer my sincere congratulations and I'll be genuinely happy for you.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you win it all I will be back to offer my sincere congratulations and I'll be genuinely happy for you.

Maybe some. From my point of view you've been mostly harmless....

LOVING the fact the Chargers seem to be the "chic" pick to win this week! (At least amongst fans.) Will be interesting to see which direction the talking heads go. I think some are putting way too much stock into the Thursday night game and the Bengals game, while forgetting the SD game against the Chiefs. If Dalton doesn't implode, Chargers wouldn't even be in this position. Yes, SD did get some decent pressure on him, but the bulk of the turnovers from Dalton I saw were bonehead plays by the QB. Let's see if the Chargers win a game against a good opponent that's NOT gift-wapped and delivered to their doorstep.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOVING the fact the Chargers seem to be the "chic" pick to win this week! (At least amongst fans.) Will be interesting to see which direction the talking heads go. I think some are putting way too much stock into the Thursday night game and the Bengals game, while forgetting the SD game against the Chiefs. If Dalton doesn't implode, Chargers wouldn't even be in this position. Yes, SD did get some decent pressure on him, but the bulk of the turnovers from Dalton I saw were bonehead plays by the QB. Let's see if the Chargers win a game against a good opponent that's NOT gift-wapped and delivered to their doorstep.

Yeah, there are an awful lot of people predicting a chargers win. I am still not sold on them and I don't think the control the clock with the run game and exploiting a rookie in the pass game will work this time around. I am hoping the broncos do not assist with boneheaded penalties this time around.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't flatter yourself. If I was angry, that would mean I cared that you don't have a life. Lmao......

I agree with Iknow....Fear. It is actually amusing.

Go Broncos!

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ftbll, it's agree with us or GTFO?

Here's an early prediction chart from espn. Notice that three of the writers picked Broncs to win it all while none of them picked the Pats.

NFL expert predictions: 2013 season - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

I just love how this Chowda'head twists things to a different meaning to portray being the victim all the time.

He never said agree with us or GTFO. Not even close, bud!

He said take the week off, or go troll the Colts board, or here is a real unique and original thought, post on the Patriots board.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a good read with a couple good comments following. This is just one example of how a lot of sports media and people who read/comment on this stuff are jumping on the Chargers band wagon. It brings back memories of living in San Diego when the Chargers were still good and the Broncos sucked. The CBS board in those days was full of "lifelong" Chargers fans, many of whom were grade-A asshats. That mentality is resurfacing now that the team is in the playoffs again. You can see it in the comments. I am looking forward to this game big time.

As for the analysis in this write up, it has been noted that the Chargers played the perfect game against the Broncos in that one. They are going to have to be perfect: FLAWLESS again in order to come out with a win. I am not saying it won't happen, but that it is highly unlikely.

Broncos win in an "upset" 34-24.

How to beat Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos | Audibles - SI.com

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a good read with a couple good comments following. This is just one example of how a lot of sports media and people who read/comment on this stuff are jumping on the Chargers band wagon. It brings back memories of living in San Diego when the Chargers were still good and the Broncos sucked. The CBS board in those days was full of "lifelong" Chargers fans, many of whom were grade-A asshats. That mentality is resurfacing now that the team is in the playoffs again. You can see it in the comments. I am looking forward to this game big time.

As for the analysis in this write up, it has been noted that the Chargers played the perfect game against the Broncos in that one. They are going to have to be perfect: FLAWLESS again in order to come out with a win. I am not saying it won't happen, but that it is highly unlikely.

Broncos win in an "upset" 34-24.

How to beat Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos | Audibles - SI.com

It's also highly unlikely the Broncos play as badly as they did that Thursday night.

I am just amazed at how much the media is portraying the Chargers/Bengals game as more of a great performance by the Chargers and downplaying how badly Cincinnati played.

Chargers offense was slightly better than anemic. 4 turnovers, 3 of them gift wrapped and they only managed 6 points off of turnovers. Their defense played much better than their offense but the Bengals really lost that game more than the Chargers soundly beta them.

As long as the Broncos don't have a complete meltdown and turn the ball over multiple times, we will get our revenge.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there are an awful lot of people predicting a chargers win. I am still not sold on them and I don't think the control the clock with the run game and exploiting a rookie in the pass game will work this time around. I am hoping the broncos do not assist with boneheaded penalties this time around.

Looks like most of the talking heads so far are leaning Denver, with many taking SD against the spread. However, I've seen no less than 4 articles hyping the "Blueprint to beat the Broncos" and such. Because, thanks to one Thursday night where SD was able to take advantage of a Broncos' team that played flat, they suddenly have the "guaranteed" method of beating Denver. I guess these "experts" forget that Denver's offense can adjust as well, and there are about 7 "blueprints" out there on how to beat the Chargers. Perhaps they can even use McCoy's "Knowledge of Manning" against them.

Spread currently is 9.5, but could drop more by gametime, since again SD seems to be a "chic" pick to at least beat the spread. I think Denver can beat the Chargers by 10.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like most of the talking heads so far are leaning Denver, with many taking SD against the spread. However, I've seen no less than 4 articles hyping the "Blueprint to beat the Broncos" and such. Because, thanks to one Thursday night where SD was able to take advantage of a Broncos' team that played flat, they suddenly have the "guaranteed" method of beating Denver. I guess these "experts" forget that Denver's offense can adjust as well, and there are about 7 "blueprints" out there on how to beat the Chargers. Perhaps they can even use McCoy's "Knowledge of Manning" against them.

Spread currently is 9.5, but could drop more by gametime, since again SD seems to be a "chic" pick to at least beat the spread. I think Denver can beat the Chargers by 10.

The media is desperate to create stories and drama around all of the playoff games and touting the Chargers blueprint is the best way to do that. From their perspective, it's not much fun to report that they think the Broncos will steamroll the Chargers. It's the one thing that I hate most about the week(s) leading up to the games. The media spin will drive you nuts. I see the Broncos handling the Chargers easily in this one. Is it Sunday yet??

MH64

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the breakdown in the article and there is a few key differences heading into Sunday's match-up.

With Ryan Matthews nursing a sprained ankle, the Chargers ability to run the football as successfully as they did in the Thursday Night game is in question. Add in that Denver's front 7 has played much better as a cohesive unit (albeit against the Texans and Raiders) the last 2 weeks and should be rested and healthy going into this Sunday's game, unlike last time.

The Chargers took away the deep ball by playing the safeties deep and basically challenging the Broncos to go over the middle and underneath and with-out Welker in that game, we were at a disadvantage there as well.

Broncos had 11 carries for 18 yards in that game I believe. There will definitely be an emphasis on running the football in this game and they have to be able to manage 3rd down better and a successful running game will help that. Moreno and Ball are healthy and rested as well and Moreno has been an absolute beast this year and Ball is finally emerging as a good running back the later part of the season. If the running game is successful, San Diego's game plan (forcing us to play short pass/small ball) they used last time will not work as they will be forced to bring the safeties up for run support and that will open up play action and the deep ball.

I also expect we will see some things from Adam Gase that they did not run in the regular season. We were at a disadvantage in the last game with Tamme in the slot and running offensive formations on a short week we had not used all season.

Key to all this is the O-line keeping Manning upright and successful run blocking, things we all know they are capable of doing and all reports out of Dove Valley is that Practice has been up tempo and brisk and even though guys had last week off, most decided to stay and watch film and prepare.

The lessons from last year are still fresh in everyone's mind and no one is taking anything for granted even with the #$1 seed.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the breakdown in the article and there is a few key differences heading into Sunday's match-up.

With Ryan Matthews nursing a sprained ankle, the Chargers ability to run the football as successfully as they did in the Thursday Night game is in question. Add in that Denver's front 7 has played much better as a cohesive unit (albeit against the Texans and Raiders) the last 2 weeks and should be rested and healthy going into this Sunday's game, unlike last time.

The Chargers took away the deep ball by playing the safeties deep and basically challenging the Broncos to go over the middle and underneath and with-out Welker in that game, we were at a disadvantage there as well.

Broncos had 11 carries for 18 yards in that game I believe. There will definitely be an emphasis on running the football in this game and they have to be able to manage 3rd down better and a successful running game will help that. Moreno and Ball are healthy and rested as well and Moreno has been an absolute beast this year and Ball is finally emerging as a good running back the later part of the season. If the running game is successful, San Diego's game plan (forcing us to play short pass/small ball) they used last time will not work as they will be forced to bring the safeties up for run support and that will open up play action and the deep ball.

I also expect we will see some things from Adam Gase that they did not run in the regular season. We were at a disadvantage in the last game with Tamme in the slot and running offensive formations on a short week we had not used all season.

Key to all this is the O-line keeping Manning upright and successful run blocking, things we all know they are capable of doing and all reports out of Dove Valley is that Practice has been up tempo and brisk and even though guys had last week off, most decided to stay and watch film and prepare.

The lessons from last year are still fresh in everyone's mind and no one is taking anything for granted even with the #$1 seed.

Definitely agree with all of that. The only thing I'll add is that, regardless of Mathew's health, defending the run figures to be critical. Brown and Woodhead are both capable RBs. Fortunately, as noted in the article, Williams has really come on nicely the past several weeks.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that's worried about this game? Last year I was so confident that Denver would win, never wavering in doubt for a moment in the lead up to the game.

This year, I've been a nervous wreck. Denver should win, and I think they will, but will I be surprised if they don't? Not really. I've seen Philip Rivers wreck my dreams too many times to be completely confident about a Denver win.

But maybe that's a good thing. I've long maintained that losing to the Chargers in December might have actually been good for Denver in the long run. Denver knows they aren't invincible, and I'm not sure they knew that last year as they entered the playoffs on an 11 game winning streak. I hope this means they're working extra hard, that they are more focused in on making sure they aren't upset in the playoffs again.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that's worried about this game? Last year I was so confident that Denver would win, never wavering in doubt for a moment in the lead up to the game.

This year, I've been a nervous wreck. Denver should win, and I think they will, but will I be surprised if they don't? Not really. I've seen Philip Rivers wreck my dreams too many times to be completely confident about a Denver win.

But maybe that's a good thing. I've long maintained that losing to the Chargers in December might have actually been good for Denver in the long run. Denver knows they aren't invincible, and I'm not sure they knew that last year as they entered the playoffs on an 11 game winning streak. I hope this means they're working extra hard, that they are more focused in on making sure they aren't upset in the playoffs again.

No. I can't imagine not being worried about any playoff game in general and there is strong evidence that SD in particular is capable of winning in Denver.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are not the only one I can assure you. Very concerning. The Chargers are that typical team that has been advancing to the SB the last few years.

Rivers is playing outstanding and they have been playing great defense.

I am very concerned, considering Rivers knows how to beat 5 man rushes and the Broncos pass rush will be suffering with out Miller.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know exactly why, but I'm not worried about this game at all. Normally, I'd be stressing out a bit leading up to kickoff, but I just have this overwhelmingly calm feeling that we are going to roll the Chargers. Could I be wrong? Of course! Just my gut right now. I have a lot of faith in our coaching staff and team leadership. They've spent the bye weeks preparing this team to make that final run to glory. I say they get it done. Go Broncos.

MH64