• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like it's going to be San Diego

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ftbll, it's agree with us or GTFO?

Here's an early prediction chart from espn. Notice that three of the writers picked Broncs to win it all while none of them picked the Pats.

NFL expert predictions: 2013 season - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

No, it's talk about something that is relevant this week. I love debating and talking football with people. I even like you coming around here, even though I don't think you're that bright. But right now it's Broncos-Chargers and Patriots-Colts. Doesn't that matter to you more than a hypothetical game between our teams?

Ps: congratulations on finding one source to support your argument. It's a start, but it's one source.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ps: congratulations on finding one source to support your argument. It's a start, but it's one source.

Yo tred lightly ftbll, that's almost a concession!

I don't think the Chargers are gonna beat the Broncs but I also don't see the Broncs covering that ten pt early spread.

The Pats game all depends on which Pats team shows up. Pats have defined inconsistent this year. If it's the team that rolled the Ravens, Colts will be similarly handled. If it's the one that lost the chance at the number one seed in Miami, it'll be close or a loss.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady is truly someone that wins games single handedly

Don't know of anybody who has ever said that. You guys change the subject like chicks.

Why did Eli Manning out duel Brady twice in the SB?

David Tyree caught a pass he should have dropped and Wes Welker dropped a ball he should have caught.

Now, can we get back to denying that the Broncs are huge favorites?

Oh come on, nobody is denying the Broncos are favorites. But the Pats are a favorite too with many writers. You seem to be denying this. The Pats going 12-4 is not over achieving, they were picked to go 11-5 or better by just about everyone. Now I will give you a nod one one thing. I just did a quick google on preseason predictions and did find more picks for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl than I did Pats. But make no mistake, the Pats were a popular pick as well.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, true. Now we're getting somewhere.

Pats have been perennial picks because of BB + TB + crappy division = fave.

I've admitted in here that the tremendous pressure on the '07 Pats (arguably the previous best offense in modern history) caused them to lose the SB while you cats can barely even admit that the pressure on your team has the potential to be similarly stifling.

Oh come on, nobody is denying the Broncos are favorites.

Yea, but more than one of you has tried to claim that the Chargers are under equal pressure and that's simply not true.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yo tred lightly ftbll, that's almost a concession!

I don't think the Chargers are gonna beat the Broncs but I also don't see the Broncs covering that ten pt early spread.

The Pats game all depends on which Pats team shows up. Pats have defined inconsistent this year. If it's the team that rolled the Ravens, Colts will be similarly handled. If it's the one that lost the chance at the number one seed in Miami, it'll be close or a loss.

You are Pribably right about the Pats. If the Pats show up and do their thong they will win. Te Colts are good and that come back was impressive, but you can't ignore that they were down by 28 in their own house. The Chiefs changed their scheme and the Colts were able to get back into it. The Pats are a more ruthless team and won't leave the door open they way the Chiefs did.

As for the Broncos, I feel it is a matter of timing. The Broncos caught the Chargers at te end of what is doubtlessly the hardest 5 game stretch for any team this year. This combined with getting their coach back as well as the short week it should not come as a surprise they had a let down. Especially against a decent team fighting for it's playoff life. The Chargers outplayed the Broncos straight up, but this is a new game entirely.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the typos above (pribably, thong, etc...). I'm using my phone and it's easier to apologize than it is to edit.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD will win the Super Bowl due to the Philly connection.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Broncos lost to the Chargless a few weeks ago that was the least inspired, flat, Manning led Broncos game I've seen. I thought even Manning was flat. We'll soon see if I'm right.

One of my buddies called it the "revenge tour" just like a SB run we had in '97. We lost to all of our playoff opponents during the regular season with the exception of the Jags who knocked us out of the tournament the year before. With SD, Indy, and the cheaters left we're in a similar position this year. Go Broncos.

Funny you should mention that...I keep going back and thinking about that 97 team and how there are so many parallel's between this year and 97. I mean just look at this list:

37 year old qb near the end of his career with questions about his ability to get it done in big games - check
Heartbreaking home loss as huge favorites in the playoffs the previous year - check
Defensive tackle drafted in the first round - check
Extremely talented offense but suspect defense - check
A great tight end who's a huge receiving threat but not a great blocker - check
Two talented receivers, one white (and even wearing 87) and one black - check
Opportunity for a Revenge Tour in the playoffs - check

Let me know if I missed any, but I wouldn't mind if we won the next two Super Bowls and Manning rode off into retirement on top of the world.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm becoming convinced that you're incapable of conceding any point what so ever.

It's such a simple statement and concept that there's more pressure to win placed upon any heavily favored team in any sport.

Meh, what do you know, you're just a New England homer.

As far as pressure goes, sure there's plenty of outside pressure put on a big favorite from the fans and media. I think teams that let that affect them are the ones that play tight and often lose as heavy favorites. However, the truly elite teams don't let that faze them. They know that nothing that's led up to this point matters anymore, that it's win or go home. All of those regular season records mean nothing now.

If the Broncos are the kind of team that's going to let that outside pressure affect them, then I'm officially worried. However, I don't think they are that kind of team, especially after the loss to Baltimore last year. I think this team has been on a mission from day 1 and they'll be ready.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD will win the Super Bowl due to the Philly connection.

LOL, that's one of the craziest trends I've ever seen. Would be amazing to see it happen for a 5th straight year.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, true. Now we're getting somewhere.

Pats have been perennial picks because of BB + TB + crappy division = fave.

I've admitted in here that the tremendous pressure on the '07 Pats (arguably the previous best offense in modern history) caused them to lose the SB while you cats can barely even admit that the pressure on your team has the potential to be similarly stifling.

Oh come on, nobody is denying the Broncos are favorites.

Yea, but more than one of you has tried to claim that the Chargers are under equal pressure and that's simply not true.

Your opinion. Both teams are out if they lose. Do you really think the Chargers are just happy to be playing, or are they playing with the idea of winning? Because if they intend to win, then they're putting just as much pressure on themselves as the Broncos are putting on themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have been under pressure since day 1 of this season. They have been one of maybe three teams in the AFC expected to contend for the Super Bowl. Every week they have been the heavy favorite and other than a handful of games they have met those expectations of winning. The Broncos actually are the only team all season to be favored in every game they played even the NE one on the road.

Now when it comes to comparing this team to the NE team in 2007 two very different situations. You are talking about a team that wasn't just trying to protect their reputation as a great offense but protecting an undefeated season that had only happened once in NFL history. Lot's more pressure in that kind of situation compared to being 13-3 and fighting for a chance at the Super Bowl.

Right now I just don't see the pressure on the Broncos more than any of the other teams in the AFC. All of them are getting recognition and being picked to win by different people so I don't think any of these teams winning the AFC would surprise anybody at this point. Also don't think the Broncos are thinking about all of their records right now as all they keep talking about to the media and such is about how last year cannot happen again. They are very focused right now at the goal in front of them. Last year the team will admit that they overlooked the Ravens a little bit. Thankfully with all 3 of these teams having already beaten the Broncos I don't see that happening again.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are very focused right now at the goal in front of them.

...you've been in their locker room? Do tell.

You are talking about a team that wasn't just trying to protect their reputation as a great offense but protecting an undefeated season that had only happened once in NFL history.

True, good point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are talking about a team that wasn't just trying to protect their reputation as a great offense but protecting an undefeated season that had only happened once in NFL history.

True, good point.

Yeah I actually have been in the locker room. Now if you are talking about this week then no I haven't but I do watch all of the interviews with players, follow them on twitter, and am actual friends with a few of the reporters who are in the locker room almost everyday so I think I have a pretty good idea of how things are going in the locker room.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, if anything the whole "Manning is a playoff choker" and the Bolts being the "hot at the right time" team means a lot of people will pick the Chargers as the trendy upset pick, which will relieve the Broncos of all of that outside pressure and in turn put it on the Chargers.

The Broncos are playing with house money! :yahoo:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same applies to your pressure comment. You been in the Broncos' locker room recently to know that they are feeling all the pressure you alledge?:whistle:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait, I thought there wasn't any outside pressure.