• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like it's going to be San Diego

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Decker today said, "There's a lot more confidence in the room this year than last year."

That surprises me.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that's worried about this game? Last year I was so confident that Denver would win, never wavering in doubt for a moment in the lead up to the game.

This year, I've been a nervous wreck. Denver should win, and I think they will, but will I be surprised if they don't? Not really. I've seen Philip Rivers wreck my dreams too many times to be completely confident about a Denver win.

But maybe that's a good thing. I've long maintained that losing to the Chargers in December might have actually been good for Denver in the long run. Denver knows they aren't invincible, and I'm not sure they knew that last year as they entered the playoffs on an 11 game winning streak. I hope this means they're working extra hard, that they are more focused in on making sure they aren't upset in the playoffs again.

Oh man, I'm nervous as hell. I think we all are :nod: I just hope these guys come out Sunday focused and ready for a war. If we can stop the run game, and force Rivers to throw, I think we'll be in good shape. Mix up some blitzes too and hopefully the front 4 will get some good push, although they didn't at all last time.

It's bad.....even today only being Wednesday and I'm already buggin' pretty hard. I do know though that if these guys play like their capable, limit 3rd down conversions, and stop Mathews we should move on.

You're right though.....Rivers definitely gets under my skin because he's been so damn efficient against us his whole a career. You think back about it really, and the only time he played POORLY against us was the 2nd half against us last year....at least that I can remember.

Just got my DT jersey today, so I'll be rockin' that on Sunday.

Go Broncos baby! :suds:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Decker today said, "There's a lot more confidence in the room this year than last year."

That surprises me.

I am not surprised by this at all. I think the team last year went into the divisional game with a false sense of entitlement, having rolled to 11 straight wins, most of which were pretty decisive. Perhaps a false sense of security would be a better way of wording it.

Nobody ever improves by looking at what they did right and self confirming. Most of the time when we truly learn and improve it is due to learning something the hard way. I feel that the Broncos have done exactly that. They let a team they should have beat hang around last year, and the result was a loss. This year their opponent comes in hot and with a recent regular season win over the Broncos, just in case the ante wasn't already high enough.

I picked a score of 34-24 because I think the Broncos will win a decisive one. But I also think this game will tell us a lot about what to expect going forward. The defense can really make this a statement game and set the tone for the remainder of the playoffs. They need to be playing with a chip on their collective shoulder and rise against the criticism they've received throughout the season. The offense...just needs to be the 2013 Broncos offense.

When this team takes the field I think they will do it with the right mindset this time around. And that mindset makes them more confident. I can't wait to see if I'm right.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That surprises me.

I personally think he meant they have a true sense of confidence this time and last year they had a false sense of confidence.

The difference?

We rolled the Ravens easily in the regular season which led to a false sense of confidence and an apparent lack of focus.

The Thursday Night loss to the Chargers has refocused them and they are committed to not letting a repeat of last year happen.