• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like it's going to be San Diego

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Not saying it would've been. I would've just preferred Indy coming to town, rather than have to face a blistering hot San Diego team that already handled us at home.

We got held without a first down for almost two straight quarters that game. That's why I sorta emphasized they should get together one hell of a game plan because we can't have our offense go full retard again that it did in that game.

If the Chargers were blistering hot, they would NOT have needed a blown call to beat a team full of backups like what happened last week. The Chargers played TERRIBLE last week when the season was on the line. They didn't play that well today either, and were fortunate that the Bengals offense was a bumbling mess.

Last edited by a moderator:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extended forecast for next Sunday says 49 degrees with a chance of rain.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody denied that. I don't know where you read me say that. They caught a few breaks along the way, which is often the case for a lot of teams that get into the playoffs. But they were 9-7. Everyone else was 8-8. Once again, my question to you is which of those 8-8 teams was more deserving than the 9-7 Chargers?

Name one and support your argument. If you even can.

No 8-8 team is TRULY deserving, but the Steelers were more deserving than the Chargers because they didn't need a lucky break to win their last game. The Chargers won on COMPLETE luck.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that may be going in our favor over last year, I think blowing out the Ravens a few weeks may have instilled some over confidence for the playoff rematch. That definitely won't be a problem this year with the Chargers having just beat us.

I agree. The same is true at this point about all teams remaining in between the Broncos and their trip to the Super Bowl. The Colts, Patriots, and Chargers all three handed the Broncos a loss this year. If the Broncos are asleep at the wheel against any of these opponents they deserve a fast playoff exit again. If they take the Chargers seriously they'll be fine.

[/B]

Not saying it would've been. I would've just preferred Indy coming to town, rather than have to face a blistering hot San Diego team that already handled us at home.

We got held without a first down for almost two straight quarters that game. That's why I sorta emphasized they should get together one hell of a game plan because we can't have our offense go full retard again like it did in that game.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. But like I said above, all three teams the left in the playoffs have already dealt the Broncos a loss this season. I doubt the team will look so inept in two consecutive home games against the same opponent, too. I think they go in with a quiet resolve and take care of business this week. As much as everyone talks about that recent game, the Broncos did already beat the Chargers, too so we know it can be done.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No 8-8 team is TRULY deserving, but the Steelers were more deserving than the Chargers because they didn't need a lucky break to win their last game. The Chargers won on COMPLETE luck.

LOL...you're hanging on to this for so long that you'll leave scratch marks. :laugh3:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chargers were blistering hot, they would NOT have needed a blown call to beat a team full of backups like what happened last week. The Chargers played TERRIBLE last week when the season was on the line. They didn't play that well today either, and were fortunate that the Bengals offense was a bunbling mess.

Not sure what you're complaining about. Who gives a Fu&* how the Chargers got here. They're here and coming to play Denver on Sunday.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is Sunday at 2:40, Denver time.

Here is my thoughts on the matchup:

If the Denver Broncos offense and defense play to their capabilities simultaneously, then there just aren't any teams out there that can beat them. I don't care about San Diego. I only care that the Broncos are focused, have great practices and come out ready to play THEIR game. If they do that, they move on to the next round.

Go Broncos!

MH64

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Steelers had 16 games (read: "opportunities") to win enough games to make the playoffs. They won 8 games, lost 8 games.

The Chargers did catch a couple breaks in that game, but it's not about 1 game. There are 16 games in the season and you are dismissing everything that happened en route to that final game.

Also, you should go back and take a look at the box scores in those two games between the Broncos and Chargers. The Chargers ran all over the Broncos in both games. Whether you think they are deserving or not, this is a team that is capable of coming in and beating the Broncos. Smart football fans know this. You seem to be missing it. No surprise there. I wish you would drop that Broncos logo off of your profile. You really drag down the collective football IQ of this group.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of who would have been coming to town next week, the Broncos would have needed a solid game plan. It's the playoffs and anything can happen. This isn't any easier or harder than the Colts would have been.

I agree. The same is true at this point about all teams remaining in between the Broncos and their trip to the Super Bowl. The Colts, Patriots, and Chargers all three handed the Broncos a loss this year. If the Broncos are asleep at the wheel against any of these opponents they deserve a fast playoff exit again. If they take the Chargers seriously they'll be fine.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. But like I said above, all three teams the left in the playoffs have already dealt the Broncos a loss this season. I doubt the team will look so inept in two consecutive home games against the same opponent, too. I think they go in with a quiet resolve and take care of business this week. As much as everyone talks about that recent game, the Broncos did already beat the Chargers, too so we know it can be done.

True enough. Just hope the boys have a hell of a week of practice and get ready for a bruiser next weekend. Do they know when the game will be yet?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough. Just hope the boys have a hell of a week of practice and get ready for a bruiser next weekend. Do they know when the game will be yet?

It's Sunday at 2:40 MST. That's pretty close to the normal regular season slot for a Broncos home game, so that's nice.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers had 16 games (read: "opportunities") to win enough games to make the playoffs. They won 8 games, lost 8 games.

The Chargers did catch a couple breaks in that game, but it's not about 1 game. There are 16 games in the season and you are dismissing everything that happened en route to that final game.

Also, you should go back and take a look at the box scores in those two games between the Broncos and Chargers. The Chargers ran all over the Broncos in both games. Whether you think they are deserving or not, this is a team that is capable of coming in and beating the Broncos. Smart football fans know this. You seem to be missing it. No surprise there. I wish you would drop that Broncos logo off of your profile. You really drag down the collective football IQ of this group.

I watched the Chargers the last 2 weeks and was not impressed. I think Denver will DESTROY them. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to IT. God Bless...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Chargers the last 2 weeks and was not impressed. I think Denver will DESTROY them. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to IT. God Bless...

Yup. Your football IQ is lower than the return on my IRA. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it!

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Your football IQ is lower than the return on my IRA. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it!

Well I don't think your football IQ is too high either. You're the guy that claimed that Cutler failed with the game on the line last week, even though he had a great game and his team had the lead with just a couple minutes to go. Chicago's defense allowed THREE 4th down conversions on Green Bay's winning drive, which left Cutler only 38 seconds left. Yet you blamed Cutler, so we know you're not exactly very football intelligent. You're entitled to your opinion and i'm entitled to mine. God Bless you...

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now be careful about the blowout prediction. You might want to talk to Kramer over on the Bengals board about blowing out the Chargers.

Yeah because our predictions as fans has soooo much to do with the outcome.

I think the Broncos are on a mission and while I don't like the idea of playing a division rival I expect the Broncos to come out firing on all cylinders.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think your football IQ is too high either. You're the guy that claimed that Cutler failed with the game on the line last week, even though he had a great game and his team had the lead with just a couple minutes to go. Chicago's defense allowed THREE 4th down conversions on Green Bay's winning drive, which left Cutler only 38 seconds left. Yet you blamed Cutler, so we know you're not exactly very football intelligent. You're entitled to your opinion and i'm entitled to mine. God Bless you...

Interesting you mention Cutler. I don't like the guy, but I made my comments about him in jest. I realize it is about a lot more than one guy with the ball in his hands as the game is expiring. And while it did bring me a little delight to see Cutler's season draw to a close the way it did, there is so much that went into what brought them to that point.

Funny how you would try to claim Cutler had a good game and it shouldn't be discounted because that is exactly what you are doing when you dismiss the Chargers as a legitimate playoff team. They won 9 games, including games against the Colts, Chiefs, and Broncos, all playoff teams. Yet you blame refs, when it's really about a complete season. You've failed the consistency test.

I'm not too worried about what you think about my football intelligence. I've at least displayed some in my time here.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone in this thread is defending Jay Cutler. WTF?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because our predictions as fans has soooo much to do with the outcome.

I think the Broncos are on a mission and while I don't like the idea of playing a division rival I expect the Broncos to come out firing on all cylinders.

I'm with you on this one. Regardless of who comes to Denver, the Broncos coming out firing on all cylinders will lead to a win. Anything less and it's anyone's guess what will happen. I would like to think that after last year combined with the recent regular season loss, this team will be focussed and ready to play Broncos football.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you mention Cutler. I don't like the guy, but I made my comments about him in jest. I realize it is about a lot more than one guy with the ball in his hands as the game is expiring. And while it did bring me a little delight to see Cutler's season draw to a close the way it did, there is so much that went into what brought them to that point.

Funny how you would try to claim Cutler had a good game and it shouldn't be discounted because that is exactly what you are doing when you dismiss the Chargers as a legitimate playoff team. They won 9 games, including games against the Colts, Chiefs, and Broncos, all playoff teams. Yet you blame refs, when it's really about a complete season. You've failed the consistency test.

I'm not too worried about what you think about my football intelligence. I've at least displayed some in my time here.

Everything here is OK. We disagree on things but that doesn't stop me from thinking you're a swell guy. We all just want Denver to win this game. God Bless...

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Broncos lost to the Chargless a few weeks ago that was the least inspired, flat, Manning led Broncos game I've seen. I thought even Manning was flat. We'll soon see if I'm right.

One of my buddies called it the "revenge tour" just like a SB run we had in '97. We lost to all of our playoff opponents during the regular season with the exception of the Jags who knocked us out of the tournament the year before. With SD, Indy, and the cheaters left we're in a similar position this year. Go Broncos.