• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead to the offseason (version 2)

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buyout/Voided Contracts

Ryan Malone - Contract voided
Teddy Purcell - Contract bought out

Malone contract gets voided due to legal incident, Purcell gets bought out like Vinny. Too much money for too much inconsistent

RFA's

Cody Kunyk - Re-sign, 1 year $900,000 - 2 way deal
Alex Killorn - Re-sign, 3 years $7.5 mill - cap hit $2.5mill
J.T Brown - Re-sign, 1 year $1.25 mill
Tyler Johnson - Re-sign, 4 years $13 mill - cap hit $3.25 mill
Ondrej Palat - Re-sign, 4 years $13 mill - cap hit $3.25 mill
Richard Panik - Re-sign, 1 year $1 mill
Keith Aulie - Re-sign, 1 year $950,000 - 2 way deal
Andrej Sustr - Re-sign, 2 years $3 mill - cap hit $ 1.5 mill
Mark Barberio - Re-sign 1 year $1 mill
Anders Lindback - explained below

Yzerman locks up this impressive group of youth.

UFA's

Ryan Callahan - Re-sign, 6 years $35.25 mill - cap hit $ 5.875 mill (Dustin Brown money)
Sami Salo - walks
Tom Pyatt - Re-sign, 1 year $750,000
Brian Lee - Re-signs, 1 year $950,000 - 2 way deal
Mike Kostka - walks

Todd convinced me on Callahan, this is a player what the organization desperately wants to keep. His style of play just complements all of our youth upfront. Yzerman said the day we got him that he didn't want this to be just a rental, Cooper's saying as long his coaching this time he wants Ryan Callahan on this team. He enjoyed is short stint here, the fans loved him, the organization loved him. Cally re-ups in Tampa!

Pyatt sticks around, Cooper loves him!

Extensions

Ben Bishop, Re-signs, 5 years $27.5 mill - cap hit $5.5 mill (contract starts 2015 - 2016 season)

Get the big man locked up asap!!!

Trades

Kevin Bieksa for Brett Connolly, Luke Witkowski and a 2015 3rd round pick.

Yzerman needs a top 4 dman as we all know. Personally i'm on fan of Bieksa, always have been and although he only has 2 years left a deal that would pay him $9.2 mill, I think he's worth it. Plays roughly 25 mins a night, plays all situations, plays a stay-at-home style but also is not shy in jumping in on the play. Kinda like Gudas regarding his physical play and he's tough as nails, arguably the toughest guy in the league which is also a benefit as we could use a bit more toughness especially infront of Bish.

T.J Galiardi and a 2016 6th round pick for Anders Lindback

Bolts add some more grit in Galiardi, a solid role player who be a nice fit in a bottom 6 as a guy who can provide a gritty style, kill penalties and also has shown to chip in the scoresheet as well (15 goals in 09-10). Flames get a young goalie to pair with Ramo.

FA

Sign G Justin Peters, 2 years $2.2 mill - cap hit $1.1 mill

A very quite one to be honest.

Lineup

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Brown-Drouin-Kucherov
Galiardi-Thompson-Panik

Pyatt-Crombeen

Hedman-Bieksa
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Barberio

Bishop
Peters

Your probably wondering why Drouin is 3rd line Center? Well he played Center in Junior this year and played it pretty well, the thing is though he can plays all 3 forward positions. I think he'll start on the 3rd line for starters as they won't rush him plus I think having his playmaking paired with Kucherov sniping ability is pretty lethal, plus it balance's the lines out as well. However as the season rolls on, Drouin will get moved around maybe perhaps to Val's line and put Killorn on the 3rd or they could put him on the top line and move Johnny to 3rd line Center.

As for the defense your probably thinking is Bieksa enough? Well I personally think Yzerman need to add a top 4 dman like Bieksa but other than that I just say stay pat. As much as you want to improve now, I think you let guys like Hedman, Gudas, Sustr and Barberio just keep developing, they all have bright future's and will continue to get better year by year.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buyout/Voided Contracts

Ryan Malone - Contract voided
Teddy Purcell - Contract bought out

Malone contract gets voided due to legal incident, Purcell gets bought out like Vinny. Too much money for too much inconsistent

RFA's

Cody Kunyk - Re-sign, 1 year $900,000 - 2 way deal
Alex Killorn - Re-sign, 3 years $7.5 mill - cap hit $2.5mill
J.T Brown - Re-sign, 1 year $1.25 mill
Tyler Johnson - Re-sign, 4 years $13 mill - cap hit $3.25 mill
Ondrej Palat - Re-sign, 4 years $13 mill - cap hit $3.25 mill
Richard Panik - Re-sign, 1 year $1 mill
Keith Aulie - Re-sign, 1 year $950,000 - 2 way deal
Andrej Sustr - Re-sign, 2 years $3 mill - cap hit $ 1.5 mill
Mark Barberio - Re-sign 1 year $1 mill
Anders Lindback - explained below

Yzerman locks up this impressive group of youth.

UFA's

Ryan Callahan - Re-sign, 6 years $35.25 mill - cap hit $ 5.875 mill (Dustin Brown money)
Sami Salo - walks
Tom Pyatt - Re-sign, 1 year $750,000
Brian Lee - Re-signs, 1 year $950,000 - 2 way deal
Mike Kostka - walks

Todd convinced me on Callahan, this is a player what the organization desperately wants to keep. His style of play just complements all of our youth upfront. Yzerman said the day we got him that he didn't want this to be just a rental, Cooper's saying as long his coaching this time he wants Ryan Callahan on this team. He enjoyed is short stint here, the fans loved him, the organization loved him. Cally re-ups in Tampa!

Pyatt sticks around, Cooper loves him!

Extensions

Ben Bishop, Re-signs, 5 years $27.5 mill - cap hit $5.5 mill (contract starts 2015 - 2016 season)

Get the big man locked up asap!!!

Trades

Kevin Bieksa for Brett Connolly, Luke Witkowski and a 2015 3rd round pick.

Yzerman needs a top 4 dman as we all know. Personally i'm on fan of Bieksa, always have been and although he only has 2 years left a deal that would pay him $9.2 mill, I think he's worth it. Plays roughly 25 mins a night, plays all situations, plays a stay-at-home style but also is not shy in jumping in on the play. Kinda like Gudas regarding his physical play and he's tough as nails, arguably the toughest guy in the league which is also a benefit as we could use a bit more toughness especially infront of Bish.

T.J Galiardi and a 2016 6th round pick for Anders Lindback

Bolts add some more grit in Galiardi, a solid role player who be a nice fit in a bottom 6 as a guy who can provide a gritty style, kill penalties and also has shown to chip in the scoresheet as well (15 goals in 09-10). Flames get a young goalie to pair with Ramo.

FA

Sign G Justin Peters, 2 years $2.2 mill - cap hit $1.1 mill

A very quite one to be honest.

Lineup

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Brown-Drouin-Kucherov
Galiardi-Thompson-Panik

Pyatt-Crombeen

Hedman-Bieksa
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Barberio

Bishop
Peters

Your probably wondering why Drouin is 3rd line Center? Well he played Center in Junior this year and played it pretty well, the thing is though he can plays all 3 forward positions. I think he'll start on the 3rd line for starters as they won't rush him plus I think having his playmaking paired with Kucherov sniping ability is pretty lethal, plus it balance's the lines out as well. However as the season rolls on, Drouin will get moved around maybe perhaps to Val's line and put Killorn on the 3rd or they could put him on the top line and move Johnny to 3rd line Center.

As for the defense your probably thinking is Bieksa enough? Well I personally think Yzerman need to add a top 4 dman like Bieksa but other than that I just say stay pat. As much as you want to improve now, I think you let guys like Hedman, Gudas, Sustr and Barberio just keep developing, they all have bright future's and will continue to get better year by year.
All this is a very good example of what I see happing! yzerman stated he is not going to make a major over haul! but said we need to improve in some areas. The Bieksa contract fits are plans because we only have 3 years left on it. After 3 years the defenseman we have drafted in the system should be ready by then. I still also think hedman, gudas, sustr and barberio are going to get better as well.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this is a very good example of what I see happing! yzerman stated he is not going to make a major over haul! but said we need to improve in some areas. The Bieksa contract fits are plans because we only have 3 years left on it. After 3 years the defenseman we have drafted in the system should be ready by then. I still also think hedman, gudas, sustr and barberio are going to get better as well.

Well Bieksa has two years remaining starting next year, after that two years you could re-up with him or Blujus or Dotchin could be ready to join the team. I really hope we can get Bieksa, plays a very balanced style, he's tough as nails and plays physical. I just think he's the type of dman we need. I can seeing us keeping Lindback and signing a 4th line LW like Taylor Pyatt or trading for a similar sort of role player. I think either one makes sense, it just depends on what Yzerman thinks, I'm kinda for the idea of trading him and getting a more accomplished veteran backup.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it but the perfect back up for bishop right now would be Dustin Tokarski! but we gave him away pretty much! the guy is stuck in the ahl but he is ready for a back up role! dude is better then lindback! Tokarski would be that perfect stop gap back up goalie till Andrey Vasilevskiy and Kristers Gudlevskis are ready.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tokarski would be good, also Karrie Ramos but Calgary has him till the end of 2014-2015 season. And they're paying him $2,750,000 a year.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, sorry to say this version stinks more than the other imo. At least the 1st version had 2 d-men. Sorry to say again, but you're forgetting 1 really important fact when you thought of this: the Bolts do not like grit. Why do you think Gudas started out with them fighting, clawing & breathing fire and now is the way we see him? Cally got simmered down, Downie got traded..twice! Everyone the Bolts have ever had that provided grit has been tossed down the line to another team. I forget his name but do you all remember that huge Russian (tall & big) that the Bolts had a few seasons ago? He didn't last too long! Especially now that the Bolts have the Village Idiot, grit & D are out the door. He just wants quickness & finesse, period! I wouldn't be surprised if Crombeen becomes trade bait due to his grit. I'd like to see Richard Panik gone too. I don't see much talent with him! Too bad about Bugsy, I've always liked him but he isn't even trade bait now!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, sorry to say this version stinks more than the other imo. At least the 1st version had 2 d-men. Sorry to say again, but you're forgetting 1 really important fact when you thought of this: the Bolts do not like grit. Why do you think Gudas started out with them fighting, clawing & breathing fire and now is the way we see him? Cally got simmered down, Downie got traded..twice! Everyone the Bolts have ever had that provided grit has been tossed down the line to another team. I forget his name but do you all remember that huge Russian (tall & big) that the Bolts had a few seasons ago? He didn't last too long! Especially now that the Bolts have the Village Idiot, grit & D are out the door. He just wants quickness & finesse, period! I wouldn't be surprised if Crombeen becomes trade bait due to his grit. I'd like to see Richard Panik gone too. I don't see much talent with him! Too bad about Bugsy, I've always liked him but he isn't even trade bait now!
yes I agree we need to get bigger! tougher! and have much more grit! or we are not winning in the playoffs! but we traded steve dowine for Andrey Vasilevskiy!!! this kid is legit I have not seen a goalie prospect this good at 19 years old in a long time! Andrey Vasilevskiy with a 28-save shutout over Jaromir Jagr and the Czechs today #tblightning #syrcrunch : BoltProspects to be honest he might push bishop out after next season as the starter!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jussi Jokkinin is on fire in the playoffs. When he was with the Lightning for parts of two years he could hardly skate two strides without losing the puck. The Bolts then traded him to the Canes and he caught fire for a while ( 30 ) goals one season. then the Canes let him go on waivers and every team in the league passed on him till the Pens picked him up. Now he has 5 goals in the 2014 playoffs.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jussi Jokkinin is on fire in the playoffs. When he was with the Lightning for parts of two years he could hardly skate two strides without losing the puck. The Bolts then traded him to the Canes and he caught fire for a while ( 30 ) goals one season. then the Canes let him go on waivers and every team in the league passed on him till the Pens picked him up. Now he has 5 goals in the 2014 playoffs.
no kidding he sucked here

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, if he handled women like he handled a puck while with the Bolts, he'd be a virgin for sure!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning should go for depth & defense, nothing flashy just get the right role players.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offer is on the table for ryan callahan! under 6 million per year. Tampa is not moving from that offer but I was told callahan will sign the deal in 1 to 3 weeks.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offer is on the table for ryan callahan! under 6 million per year. Tampa is not moving from that offer but I was told callahan will sign the deal in 1 to 3 weeks.

$6 million seems very fair for Ryan Callahan, if he doesn't take it I doubt if he'll get more from another team.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bolts do need to get bigger but this a physical team when it wants to be, ok they might not be the toughest but they can play physical, infact I thought they bullied the Habs physical but what did that get em'? Nothing. As for grit, your telling me the likes of Palat, Callahan, Killorn, Brown, Thompson don't have a gritty style of play? The thing is we have a lot of grit coming through the farm with Paquette, Richard, Ikonen and one guy who I like who we acquired at the deadline is Dalton Smith. He turns 22 in a couple of months and I watched a couple of his fights and he's tough as, he's a legit heavyweight and he's an enforcer who can play the game. He could make the team on the 4th line. You mention trading Panik, i'm not a fan of that. I like Panik, always have. Granted he is inconsistent but when on his game like he was at the end of the year, he can be effective. He skates really well and he's physical on the fore-check and he's skilled.

As for trading for #2 dman, do I think Bieksa is a #2, not quite but he does play 25 plus mins a night and plays as situations. In my previous version I has us trading for Shattenkirk who is emerging into a very good dman but the reason I changed from Shattenkirk to Bieksa is because 1) I don't like the idea of trading Sustr who will be a #2 dman in the future because he has all the tools and in a deal to get Bieksa I don't think Sustr will have to be involved and 2) Shattenkirk is more of a mobile soft puck moving dman were as Bieksa is more of all-around dman who plays with a physical edge with his body and he's tough as when it comes to dropping the gloves. I just think we need a bit more beef on our blueline especially when it comes to protecting Bish.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fingers crossed

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fingers crossed

The guy I get this from is a insider he does not make stuff up. What he told me is the offer is under 6 million per year. He fully expects Callahan to resign with the lightning in 1 to 3 weeks. It was the same guy who told me Marty St. Louis for Ryan Callahan. This guy is always right but never right in the time line.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy I get this from is a insider he does not make stuff up. What he told me is the offer is under 6 million per year. He fully expects Callahan to resign with the lightning in 1 to 3 weeks. It was the same guy who told me Marty St. Louis for Ryan Callahan. This guy is always right but never right in the time line.

Good stuff Todd, thanks for the info!!

:suds: :clap: