• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List your top 10 CFB coaching jobs TODAY

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for bringing up the slice of Texas that OU competes for recruits with 3 in conference teams from Texas. For act number 2 tell me why OU has decided to take a national approach to recruiting recently?

Recently? Did you miss those Florida and California players Switzer used to get?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Texas
USC
Oklahoma
Florida St
Michigan
Ohio St
LSU
Oregon
Georgia

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Ferentz is the 6th highest paid coach in America.

UNC has a ton of in-state recruits, and has the ability to recruit and go to BCS Bowls and they'll pay big money (and you get to live in Chapel Hill)

Georgia is in the SEC, but Richt has shown you can be decent and keep your job and still get paid a ton.

Oregon has all the resources in the world.

Alabama can get any recruit they want and they have a great fan base (I'd love coaching in Tuscaloosa)

Wisconsin is in Madison and gameday would be awesome (I doubt recruiting would be great)

Louisville has a lot of great facilities.

Boise is in Boise and it's not like winning your conference would be too difficult (I doubt the expectations would be that high)

That depends. Wisconsin has like 6 million people, so it's obviously not California/Texas/Florida, but it also isn't recruited nearly as hard as those states, making guys like Joel Stave/Jared Abbrederis/Etc.Etc.Etc. easier to get (and often as walk-ons) than if they were in the South and likely given a higher star rating. The talent is there, there's just less of it. Also, between Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, there are like 25 million people and only really a handful of top programs nearby for kids to pick from.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently? Did you miss those Florida and California players Switzer used to get?

You guys are unreal. Did OU start playing the last 10yrs? It is a recent trend. I call OU a top ten job and you piss and moan. Never seen such an insecure group

KajunKarl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas
LSU
Alabama
Texas A$M
Florida
FSU
Georgia
USC
Oklahoma
Ohio

The original list was whack given it said NOW.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are unreal. Did OU start playing the last 10yrs? It is a recent trend. I call OU a top ten job and you piss and moan. Never seen such an insecure group

You're the one who brought up OU had no in state talent, I just corrected you and you go off on it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious you don't know who is starting for OU either, OU has starters on both sides of the ball from Oklahoma so there must be some talent in state. You are just hating because with all that in state talent from Texas you still get beat 63-21 by talent that come from nationwide as well as in state.

BTW: Can you name the starters for OU from Oklahoma?
I dont care. Go compare the amount of recruits in Ok compared to others on the list. The state of Oklahoma is not a top 10 producer of FBS talent. It is a fact. Stop building straw men

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally shocked that so many people put FSU into the top 10. I am guessing due to the recruiting crop they can pick from. The boosters are not bountiful like at the big schools. Our President tries to keep ALL sports at FSU on a somewhat level playing field since we do have really good Volleyball, track, baseball, and softball teams. They are paying Jimbo a good sum of money which is suprising. Hell maybe they are moving up in the world.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally shocked that so many people put FSU into the top 10. I am guessing due to the recruiting crop they can pick from. The boosters are not bountiful like at the big schools. Our President tries to keep ALL sports at FSU on a somewhat level playing field since we do have really good Volleyball, track, baseball, and softball teams. They are paying Jimbo a good sum of money which is suprising. Hell maybe they are moving up in the world.

I think the biggest thing is they're in the ACC (easy to have a lot of good years), you've got good job security and a lot of talent to recruit.

KajunKarl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Recruiting and a tradition of being there before. Frankly, I'm shocked they've been down this long.

That QB of yours looked pretty damn impressive for his first game.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest thing is they're in the ACC (easy to have a lot of good years), you've got good job security and a lot of talent to recruit.

True, but even with that. It is not easy anymore to get into the National Championship picture. One loss in the ACC and you are done. God I wish we were independent again.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting and a tradition of being there before. Frankly, I'm shocked they've been down this long.

That QB of yours looked pretty damn impressive for his first game.

I wasn't not with the OC we had for 7 years. Then a DC who no longer wanted to coach, but stayed out of loyalty to Bobby. We definitely had the talent, but not the coaching. No big deal though. It happens to every program. Jimbo seems to be getting that "swagger" back. Just more disciplined off the field(Fucking Dillards).

Jameis looked good, but it was one game and he has a ton of talent at the WR spot. I hope that is how he plays all of the time(not the ridiculous stats). If so we should be fairly good this year and next.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care. Go compare the amount of recruits in Ok compared to others on the list. The state of Oklahoma is not a top 10 producer of FBS talent. It is a fact. Stop building straw men

Truth is you don't know without looking it up. You made a false statement, got corrected and have nothing else better to do than put down OU. 63-21. Eat it.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What separates Texas is the unfair advantage in the city of Austin.

Some places are great jobs, but they put you in tiny little towns in the middle of nowhere.

If you are a married coach, Sometimes you need to let the wife enjoy cosmopolitan benefits of the city.

And sometimes the rabid local fans at the drugstore harassing you....make small town life miserable....

Most people need the major amenities of international airports, developed public transportation, well funded museums, major concert venues, large public park, fortune 500 companies, world class dining & shopping, etcc....

But, sometimes you get swallowed up by it.
Georgia Tech, UCLA, and Maryland get lost in the big cities.
They are marginalized.

Only Austin and Columbus have a perfect balance of BIG CITY/SMALL COLLEGE TOWN.
Texas becomes a slightly better job because it pays a little better, has better weather, no taxes, and better recruiting.

Ohio State is a solid #1A for that reason.

The Buckeyes would threaten for #1 if they were to move the city about 500 miles south.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but even with that. It is not easy anymore to get into the National Championship picture. One loss in the ACC and you are done. God I wish we were independent again.

I'm fine with that if I'm choosing a job though. The odds of getting to a National Championship is pretty slim regardless of where you go. I doubt FSUs chances are much different than LSUs, or South Carolinas.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't want to live there?

Live there... meh.

I guess it woulb ok.

But they couldn't pay me enough, don't get big name teams there often enough, recruiting sucks, no donor money of note, and its in the MTN WAC...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope not, because neither OU or Texas will be playing for championships anytime soon

DIVERT!

SHIP IS SINKING!

TAKE THE SOONERS WITH US!

:lame:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with that if I'm choosing a job though. The odds of getting to a National Championship is pretty slim regardless of where you go. I doubt FSUs chances are much different than LSUs, or South Carolinas.

See last year and the loss to NC State. I am not complaining when stating what I am about to state. LSU and Scar have the added luxury of being in the SEC which right now is the king of conferences. A loss for them does not put them out of the NC picture(See Alabama last year and the year before). An ACC team who losses to an in conference opponent is automatically out of it due to the overall SOS. If Clemson losses 1 game this year they are done for in the NC race. It is the lack of depth or even decent teams in the ACC that hurts the top programs the most.