• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List your top 10 CFB coaching jobs TODAY

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only ever take the Skyway and it's rarely that much more than 90 minutes, but maybe up to 2 hours. Don't go during rush hour into the city obviously.

Indiana is really one of the worst states in the country, though. At least Wisconsin and Michigan have some nice scenery upstate or along the lake (even most of Indiana's shoreline is industrial wasteland).

You need to take another trip over there. Fricking 90 is a disaster and the Indiana Toll Road is becoming a disaster too.

Southern IN is pretty nice and scenic. You have to go about 45 minutes south of South Bend and drive US-30 to get anything that resembles scenic. But for the most part Indiana blows chunks.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO, hizzie you are a funny fucking guy......:laugh3:

Not sure what you are laughing at? Texas at #1? If that's it then you should notice that 9/12 other posters on here put Texas at #1 or #2, including espn and SI.

Or are you just booty hurt about OU being HM? Not as much money as some other schools; Have to spend more time out of state recruiting; and have to live in Norman.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Notre Dame
6. Michigan
7. Oregon
8. Ohio State
9. Alabama
10. Oklahoma

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if that is true, then why doesn't UGA do something with all that talent it allegedly gets????
-
that would assume that Georgia is not coached by Mack Southeast. Georgia produced 184 FBS kids from last yrs class. That is 4th best recruiting state in the country. There are a lost of vultures surrounding it, but Georgia should always be top 10. Easiest way to build a program is off of instate talent. Just ask the Florida schools. I am sure Stoops would love it if Oklahoma was filled with a bunch of Broken Arrows producing FBS talent.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are laughing at? Texas at #1? If that's it then you should notice that 9/12 other posters on here put Texas at #1 or #2, including espn and SI.

Or are you just booty hurt about OU being HM? Not as much money as some other schools; Have to spend more time out of state recruiting; and have to live in Norman.

no, I'm laughing at yer dumbass and your weak ass shots.

does that help you understand???:laugh3:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
that would assume that Georgia is not coached by Mack Southeast. Georgia produced 184 FBS kids from last yrs class. That is 4th best recruiting state in the country. There are a lost of vultures surrounding it, but Georgia should always be top 10. Easiest way to build a program is off of instate talent. Just ask the Florida schools. I am sure Stoops would love it if Oklahoma was filled with a bunch of Broken Arrows producing FBS talent.

didn't know BA was the class of Oklahoma. Thanks for the input....

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Michigan
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Notre Dame
5. Alabama
6. Oklahoma
7. Florida
8. LSU
9. Texas A&M
10. Stanford

Hawaii - location
Oregon - facilities
Florida State - recruiting hot bed
Ohio State - tradition

Now, a lot will depend on the individual and their situation.

Personally, I'd want to coach in that order.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Nebraska is one of the toughest coaching gigs in the country. Not many who are cut out for it, but it can also be one of the most rewarding jobs in the country.

It's tough in that you have to recruit nationally. There are typically only one or two blue chip recruits in-state per year, so you have to go out and convince kids from CA, OH, TX, FLA etc. to go hundreds of miles away from home to play instead of going to USC, Texas, Florida, Ohio State etc. not every kid from the south has parents with the means to fly around the Midwest to attend their sons games. That's the main reason we've seen a talent drop off with how competitive recruiting has become. We're just too far away from home for a majority of guys we go after. It's not impossible to win here, but it's definitely more difficult than it is at a lot of those schools people are listing.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Catholic, there is something special about the ND campus. I wouldn't to be there 24/7, but being a college football coach travelling the country to go see recruits and sell the program, you'd get to leave quite often. I don't think the South Bend tradeoff is that bad, because unlike most of the other shit cities, the campus is unbelievable gorgeous.

The top 10 looks like:

1. Texas
2. Ohio State
3. Notre Dame
4. Michigan
5. USC
6. Florida
7. Alabama
8. LSU
9. TAMU
10. Oregon

People might think 2-4 are ranked too highly, but they are the three largest fanbases nationwide. I think that has to be a huge factor in any decision. Same goes for TAMU at #9. They might not have the history, but they have a huge fanbase in a talent-rich state.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Nebraska is one of the toughest coaching gigs in the country. Not many who are cut out for it, but it can also be one of the most rewarding jobs in the country.

It's tough in that you have to recruit nationally. There are typically only one or two blue chip recruits in-state per year, so you have to go out and convince kids from CA, OH, TX, FLA etc. to go hundreds of miles away from home to play instead of going to USC, Texas, Florida, Ohio State etc. not every kid from the south has parents with the means to fly around the Midwest to attend their sons games. That's the main reason we've seen a talent drop off with how competitive recruiting has become. We're just too far away from home for a majority of guys we go after. It's not impossible to win here, but it's definitely more difficult than it is at a lot of those schools people are listing.

EOP bump. I would also add that there is literally nothing else those schools listed have that Nebraska does not.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EOP bump. I would also add that there is literally nothing else those schools listed have that Nebraska does not.

I think some of those schools have lost less than four games at least once in the last ten seasons.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that's not what I'm talking about bitch.