• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List your top 10 CFB coaching jobs TODAY

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my list (it's quite a bit different) based on money, expectations, and ability to reach those expectations.

1. North Carolina
2. Georgia
3. Texas
4. Iowa
5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. Wisconsin
8. Florida State
9. Boise State
10. Louisville

125. Tennessee

I didn't put that much thought into but there are a lot of positives to all of them. Some of lower expectations (good job security) but also a good chance at a BCS bid. Others can recruit for themselves, and others are historic. I'm not listing Southern Cal, because I wouldn't want to live out there. Wake Forest is one I thought about because it's got good job security and good pay, but I didn't choose it. I'd like living in Madison, but idk about living up to the expectations they've set recently because they don't get the top rated recruits.

Also...Texas A&M is a great job now because you can get in-state recruits that want to play in the SEC.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my list (it's quite a bit different) based on money, expectations, and ability to reach those expectations.

1. North Carolina
2. Georgia
3. Texas
4. Iowa
5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. Wisconsin
8. Florida State
9. Boise State
10. Louisville

:L

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think OK should be ranked ahead of any school on that list outside of maybe UGA and LSU which could potentially get the SEC bump and have better recruiting grounds? (not that OKs is bad because of it's proximity to Texas, but it isn't Georgia either.)

OU Pays top money and has national brand we recruit from coast-to-coast And Have Texas in our backyard. It's a great job.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. North Carolina
2. Georgia
3. Texas
4. Iowa
5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. Wisconsin
8. Florida State
9. Boise State
10. Louisville

125. Tennessee

I didn't put that much thought into but there are a lot of positives to all of them. Some of lower expectations (good job security) but also a good chance at a BCS bid. Others can recruit for themselves, and others are historic. I'm not listing Southern Cal, because I wouldn't want to live out there. Wake Forest is one I thought about because it's got good job security and good pay, but I didn't choose it. I'd like living in Madison, but idk about living up to the expectations they've set recently because they don't get the top rated recruits.

Also...Texas A&M is a great job now because you can get in-state recruits that want to play in the SEC.

:noidea:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU Pays top money and has national brand we recruit from coast-to-coast And Have Texas in our backyard. It's a great job.

I didn't say any different. It's definitely a top-10 job. Even without the same branding though....it is easier to recruit to UGA than OK, IMO. Too much elite talent close by.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me something specific I can tell you why I chose or didn't choose whoever you are wondering about.

Not trying to be a dick, but I wouldn't know where to start. This list is just so far out of popular opinion that it is hard to take serious. I mean you have some real head scratchers, but alright :suds:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are picking best programs today based on tradition and history and crowd attendance the list will look more like this...
1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Texas
4. Southern Cal
5. LSU
6. Michigan
7. Ohio State
8. Florida
9. Oklahoma
10. Nebraska

Or something like that...but that's not the criteria I would use when choosing where to would coach.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
OU fans that did not like my comment on the in state talent

It's obvious you don't know who is starting for OU either, OU has starters on both sides of the ball from Oklahoma so there must be some talent in state. You are just hating because with all that in state talent from Texas you still get beat 63-21 by talent that come from nationwide as well as in state.

BTW: Can you name the starters for OU from Oklahoma?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. North Carolina
2. Georgia
3. Texas
4. Iowa
5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. Wisconsin
8. Florida State
9. Boise State
10. Louisville

125. Tennessee

homer_simpson31.jpg

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say any different. It's definitely a top-10 job. Even without the same branding though....it is easier to recruit to UGA than OK, IMO. Too much elite talent close by.

Well it really comes down to what the kid wants does he want to stay close to mom and dad or does he want to play for and win championships?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a dick, but I wouldn't know where to start. This list is just so far out of popular opinion that it is hard to take serious. I mean you have some real head scratchers, but alright :suds:

That's fair, I just don't know why I would want to coach in LA, or why following in Saban's and Bear Bryants footsteps would be ideal. I'd rather go somewhere I could win and build a program (and a nice house) and not have to worry about having to move in a 18 months.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma not having in-state talent is irrelevant. DFW is three hours from the campus in Norman. Wouldn't you know it it's three hours from the campus in Austin too but don't let a little thing like geography get in the way of Texas fans being dumbasses.

Thanks for bringing up the slice of Texas that OU competes for recruits with 3 in conference teams from Texas. For act number 2 tell me why OU has decided to take a national approach to recruiting recently?

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair, I just don't know why I would want to coach in LA, or why following in Saban's and Bear Bryants footsteps would be ideal. I'd rather go somewhere I could win and build a program (and a nice house) and not have to worry about having to move in a 18 months.

Well Sir, I would say you got at least one right in Iowa. They ain't got no expectations. :lol:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it really comes down to what the kid wants does he want to stay close to mom and dad or does he want to play for and win championships?

Lets hope not, because neither OU or Texas will be playing for championships anytime soon

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See above: "I don't know why I would want to coach in LA, or why following in Saban's and Bear Bryants footsteps would be ideal. I'd rather go somewhere I could win and build a program (and a nice house) and not have to worry about having to move in a 18 months."

And I think everyone here would rather coach the team they grew up cheering for instead of some other school. I grew up in NC, cheering for UNC, of course I would rather coach there (I even thought about Wake considering the $ and job security). And, a BCS Bowl is completely within reach at Carolina.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The vast majority of the time though the kid is going to say he'd like to stay relatively close to home and take his chances at winning a MNC there.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for bringing up the slice of Texas that OU competes for recruits with 3 in conference teams from Texas. For act number 2 tell me why OU has decided to take a national approach to recruiting recently?

:rollseyes:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Sir, I would say you got at least one right in Iowa. They ain't got no expectations. :lol:

And Ferentz is the 6th highest paid coach in America.

UNC has a ton of in-state recruits, and has the ability to recruit and go to BCS Bowls and they'll pay big money (and you get to live in Chapel Hill)

Georgia is in the SEC, but Richt has shown you can be decent and keep your job and still get paid a ton.

Oregon has all the resources in the world.

Alabama can get any recruit they want and they have a great fan base (I'd love coaching in Tuscaloosa)

Wisconsin is in Madison and gameday would be awesome (I doubt recruiting would be great)

Louisville has a lot of great facilities.

Boise is in Boise and it's not like winning your conference would be too difficult (I doubt the expectations would be that high)