• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's talk about The Window

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Hassellbeck, but I agree he wasn't great.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Hassellbeck, but I agree he wasn't great.

I thought Hassellbeck was a decent QB, but I was really in despair about finding another QB that the Seahawks could win with. Do you remember clipboard Jesus?

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Hassellbeck was a decent QB, but I was really in despair about finding another QB that the Seahawks could win with. Do you remember clipboard Jesus?

Unfortunately, I remember them all Harold. Yeah, QB hasent been our brightest spot when the franchises list of best QB's include Zorn, Krieg, and Hassellbeck.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I remember them all Harold. Yeah, QB hasent been our brightest spot when the franchises list of best QB's include Zorn, Krieg, and Hassellbeck.

Yup and the point being that the Seahawks are still looking for better OL and WRs, crossing my fingers that they find them. No team has nothing but all stars across the board.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, come on man. When Pete Carroll's name is mentioned 2, 5, 10, even 20 years from now, the first thing that will come to peoples minds will be 'The Call' and the super bowl he choked away. I'm just being honest.
When asked about Holmgren, does the 1st thing to pop into your mind was revisiting the last 2 minutes of the 1st half in Super Bowl XL? That wasn't 1 fuckup. That was about 6 all pieced together to get us nothing in the biggest game in franchise history up to that point.
Not to bust your balls, but you might have that as a 1st thought because you dwell on the negative. That is your right.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've read we have the 4th youngest roster in the NFL. *****I may be wrong*****but really close.

What do we as FANS want/expect?

To me, we had the opportunity to win 2 straight, but didn't. Darn, are we out of chances? Yes or No?
The Seahawk 'window' is still very much open. Yes or No?
Can we sign key players and still retain our core? Yes or No?
Is the Locker Room Fractured as a result of the way the game ended? Yes or No?
Do certain Players dislike RW because of the credit he gets? Yes or No?
Will ML give management an 'ultimatum" regarding Bevell? Yes or No?

Bottom line is this to me. The Hawks are BRASH, I'm not proud, but it is a fact. I sometimes want to say JSTFU, but other times support their obtuse opinions. They talk of TEAM, yet hint of disconnect at times.

Back to the very 1st question....
Is two SB Championships in a 5 year period......good or a failure? Yes or No?:suds:
To me, we had the opportunity to win 2 straight, but didn't. Darn, are we out of chances?Of course not. As long as Pete, JS, and RW are in control of our team we will always have a chance.
The Seahawk 'window' is still very much open. Yes. See above answer.

Can we sign key players and still retain our core? I believe so. High priced FA's probably wont happen. The cap should continue to rise.

Is the Locker Room Fractured as a result of the way the game ended? That is possible, but Pete always tends to say the right things. I expect he will get through to the players. Yet, he did make a huge mistake as most humans usually do.

Do certain Players dislike RW because of the credit he gets? I don't know and I don't really care as I do not think it hurts our ability to succeed.

Will ML give management an 'ultimatum" regarding Bevell? Ha! ML has little leverage and is under contract for next year. He plays for the money and I do not see him walking away from millions. If he does, it wont be because of Bevell.

Is two SB Championships in a 5 year period......good or a failure? One in 5 years is stupendous. I waited since 1978 to watch our team win a SB. My, have we gotten that spoiled?

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked about Holmgren, does the 1st thing to pop into your mind was revisiting the last 2 minutes of the 1st half in Super Bowl XL? That wasn't 1 fuckup. That was about 6 all pieced together to get us nothing in the biggest game in franchise history up to that point.
Not to bust your balls, but you might have that as a 1st thought because you dwell on the negative. That is your right.

Yeah Holmgren didn't manage the clock and screwed up the last couple of minutes, but that was in a game where we weren't going to win anyways due to Bill Leavy and the NFL. Holmgren could have coached the game of the century and it wouldn't of mattered. If that was the case with the last super bowl and Pete Carroll, I would admit as much, but it wasn't. Pete lost it himself.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the first couple of years of Hasselbeck's career here. His decision making was so bad at times that our fans booed him. Not always for picks, but just making boneheaded choices. He tried to force a lot of plays in those early years. Remember well Holmgren reaming him out on the sidelines over them as well.

We have been so fortunate to get a young QB that has such feel for the game and outstanding instincts. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. He's far from perfect. Hell the GB game was the worst I've seen him play, but they all have bad games. His worst game and he still pulled off the greatest comeback in NFCCG history.

As long as we have his leadership and skills at the helm this team will be in good hands and always a threat to do big things.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember all the dropped passes with Hassellbeck. It was frustrating to watch. My buddy said he threw a slippery ball (whatever that meant). I think it was more a case of bad hands personally.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He missed open receivers, failed to throw balls away when the play was dead (something that drove Holmgrem crazy), didn't have great pocket instincts, and wasn't particularly clutch in close games late. His 3rd year (Think his 5th overall in the league) he really started to get better and those issues reduced quite a bit.

If Wilson is still in his early career and hasn't reached his potential, how much better is this kid going to get over the next couple of years?

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's great. Love the kid. Great football smarts, never quits, never gets rattled, and he's a winner most importantly. I just hope his legs stay healthy for a long time. He'll need them.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's great. Love the kid. Great football smarts, never quits, never gets rattled, and he's a winner most importantly. I just hope his legs stay healthy for a long time. He'll need them.

Is an accurate, intelligent thrower... I believe he'll rely less on his legs as his career progresses...

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DK is #17 All-Time on the NFL passing yardage list.
That being said, that is why I and many others say and defend the fact that Wilson doesn't light up the box score with passing yards. Does ANYONE consider Dave Krieg to be a Top 25 QB of all time (or even top 50) even though he is #17 on the list? I think not.:suds:

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK is #17 All-Time on the NFL passing yardage list.

He played for 19 years, and no, he's not a top 25 QB. He'd be lucky to make it in the top 100 NFL qb's of all time.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played for 19 years, and no, he's not a top 25 QB. He'd be lucky to make it in the top 100 NFL qb's of all time.

Not lucky at all. Only 250 QBs since 1960 have made 30 or more starts, let alone 175. Overall, I think I have him listed somewhere in the 75 range, which puts him well in the top half.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not lucky at all. Only 250 QBs since 1960 have made 30 or more starts, let alone 175. Overall, I think I have him listed somewhere in the 75 range, which puts him well in the top half.

I can agree with this.