• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It is time to talk about trading Jordan Poole

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start with the observation that for whatever reason, the Warriors do not want to play defense this year. It's not just because they don't have GPII. I suspect it's a combination of age and not being very hungry this year (defense is as much about effort as anything else)

Jordan Poole is a scorer, but he's not very efficient, specifically he shoots a lot of 3s at a very low percentage, almost Westbrook level. And his defense is atrocious.

I get that they want to start handing the torch to younger guys but we're seeing that those 3 rookies are maybe only 1 decent player and Poole is possibly a net negative player. So maybe trade Moody and Wiseman and Poole for a win now piece? I'd be interested to see what they could get.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bag is how they can get a high salary guy back. Is he wildly overpaid?

I wouldn't have paid him that but easier to trade prior to the contract considering how he islooking now with the bag. Value need to get back up

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have paid him that but easier to trade prior to the contract considering how he islooking now with the bag. Value need to get back up
I mean, they paid him what another team would have so :noidea:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they paid him what another team would have so :noidea:

Doesn’t matter.

Point is that he really isn’t much of an asset under the current contract.

Yes, you can use him to match salary for sure.

But that means you are either sending other assets with him (which they should) or they are returning a meh contract.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter.

But that means you are either sending other assets with him (which they should) or they are returning a meh contract.
And could be piecemieling it like Dallas did to move zinger

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter.

That's why I said add Wiseman and Moody and maybe a pick. Not expecting a big name back but someone they need to turn this year around perhaps.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said add Wiseman and Moody and maybe a pick. Not expecting a big name back but someone they need to turn this year around perhaps.

I believe salary wise they’re under the poison pill provision so it would need to be a team with cap space

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe salary wise they’re under the poison pill provision so it would need to be a team with cap space

Yeah, the extension doesn’t kick in until next year.

So he doesn’t even help the Warriors get salary back if they deal him this year.

Have to wait.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the extension doesn’t kick in until next year.

So he doesn’t even help the Warriors get salary back if they deal him this year.

Have to wait.

Yeah, unless you wanna trade that group he mentioned for like buddy hield lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, unless you wanna trade that group he mentioned for like buddy hield lol
Nah I got what I wanted, we talked about it and it makes no sense until the offseason. Then we can talk about it again lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been saying this before they extended him. Plus he thinks he is better than he is which means he needs to be a starter on a bad team. No luxury there…you have to work for it. Can’t be surrounded by HOFrs and still be pretty inefficient. Trade him if you can…not going to be easy with that awful contract. They somehow got out of the DLo contract, anything is possible. All they need is one team with cap who really likes his potential and is desperate to make a move

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been saying this before they extended him. Plus he thinks he is better than he is which means he needs to be a starter on a bad team. No luxury there…you have to work for it. Can’t be surrounded by HOFrs and still be pretty inefficient. Trade him if you can…not going to be easy with that awful contract. They somehow got out of the DLo contract, anything is possible. All they need is one team with cap who really likes his potential and is desperate to make a move

DLo is a good comparison.

His play with Curry sidelined is good enough to intrigue some talent desperate mediocre team to think Poole can be their headliner.

So like a Zach Lavine type player could be the centerpiece.

Don’t think that is the right move, but just a gauge of who a guy like Poole might be able to get back.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLo is a good comparison.

His play with Curry sidelined is good enough to intrigue some talent desperate mediocre team to think Poole can be their headliner.

So like a Zach Lavine type player could be the centerpiece.

Don’t think that is the right move, but just a gauge of who a guy like Poole might be able to get back.

Lakers and clippers might still need pg hell this summer

Orlando hasn’t had a good pg since…Darrell Armstrongs random run of strong play?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers and clippers might still need pg hell this summer

Orlando hasn’t had a good pg since…Darrell Armstrongs random run of strong play?

Who are either of those teams trading that the Warriors would want though?

Lakers don’t have anyone unless they are blowing it up. Same with the Clippers.

And in that scenario I doubt either would want to help the Warriors.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All fair points

Gs could also use their mle to add a pg as well. They just need a backup pg for curry. They can fill out the roster in other ways there

I’m just thinking of possible options right now

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers don't make any sense imo.

Clippers do make sense but it would be very unlikely. If push comes to shove PG13 could be moved. I'm not saying Poole would be the guy to move him for or it makes sense for LA but GS could put an interesting offer together including more players and picks. Like I said, doubtful but the Warriors have some young talent. Maybe the Clippers blow it up with one or two (PG and Kawhi).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers don't make any sense imo.

Clippers do make sense but it would be very unlikely. If push comes to shove PG13 could be moved. I'm not saying Poole would be the guy to move him for or it makes sense for LA but GS could put an interesting offer together including more players and picks. Like I said, doubtful but the Warriors have some young talent. Maybe the Clippers blow it up with one or two (PG and Kawhi).

The Lakers don't make sense from a Warriors perspective unless they're looking to shed salary and want expiring deals.

But even then, they could likely get better players on expiring deals than the Lakers could offer.

From the Lakers perspective it makes some sense though.