• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp Talk

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Eskridge... just cut him now... he's taking up valuable roster time... whether it was the concussion or he just mailed it in, the guy seems crappy at routes and doesn't get any separation whatsoever... busted pick, it happens.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Eskridge... just cut him now... he's taking up valuable roster time... whether it was the concussion or he just mailed it in, the guy seems crappy at routes and doesn't get any separation whatsoever... busted pick, it happens.

while their at it cut Jamal " cupcake, I cant cover anyone, I broke my fingers again " Adams also. Almost a year out still standing on the sidelines with a max 6 month injury.

Remember they said this last year "although the safety appears to be on schedule - if not ahead of schedule - in his recovery from a torn quad, he's not close to seeing the field again anytime soon."

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would stream their Mock game today on their Website, Would be a nice pat on the back for the fans. Yes I know it's just a glorified practice but still would be something nice to do for the best fans in the NFL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while their at it cut Jamal " cupcake, I cant cover anyone, I broke my fingers again " Adams also. Almost a year out still standing on the sidelines with a max 6 month injury.

Remember they said this last year "although the safety appears to be on schedule - if not ahead of schedule - in his recovery from a torn quad, he's not close to seeing the field again anytime soon."

Eh they're stuck with him this year and I don't necessarily know if they want the dead cap to be $14M next year (only other option). You save $11M this year granted if they cut him now... but next year OUCH.

You're basically stuck with him this year... next year they can cut him and only get hit with $7M in 2025 and save $16M next year...

The only other thing he can do is restructure (why would he?) or some other team trades and absorbs our cap, and at this point he can't be because he can't pass a physical and on top of that no team is going to give up picks for him... Seattle would be giving up picks for someone to take him and give relief.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well and
I don't know... I’m not sure why teams have shied away from it... It’s obviously a critical position, and has high value in the league. Really, when you look at corners, basically you have three corners that are starters in professional football now...

Here are the latest CB's that were drafted within the top 5 of the 1st round...

• 2018 - Denzel Ward
  • 2016 - Jalen Ramsey
  • 2011 - Patrick Peterson
If Witherspoon doesn't end up in their company, I'd consider him a disappointment because that's whats going to be expected w/ the #5 overall pick at that position...

And Sauce 'the grab' Gardner.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to my boy talking about the mock game and one thing they always do that makes ZERO sense to me. The #1 off vs #2 Def and the #2 off vs #1 Def. This is not how you get better this is how you make your #1's look better than they are going against lower talent. They need to run the 1's against the 1's and the 2's against the 2's . There is little risk of injury so just play it that way. Yes the 2's get a chance to improve but you are letting your ones go stale. Hell all through HS and college we always went 1 vs 1 2 vs 2. So the teams were #1 O and #2 D vs #2 O and #1 D unless you played both ways Like I did in Highschool so i would fill in on both teams. Never understood why Pete does Starting offense vs backup defense then Backup Offense vs Starting Defense. Should be starters vs starters then Backups vs Backups.

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Everyone keeps saying "Oh he can play zone." And I'm like, "Uhh... okay?" lol.... I'm sure he did it a bit in College but zone in College vs. zone in the NFL is a completely different thing. Receivers in the NFL are all FAR better for the most part at running routes and are faster, etc. and QBs are trickier to read.

And yah, JSN is torching everyone in training camp lol and Lockett is difficult as is to keep up with. Witherspoon has likely never seen anything close to that level of WR play. Now the big question, can he adapt? I mean I'm sure he'll be lights out as a nickel corner, but drafting a nickel corner #5 overall? LOL... that'd be pretty pathetic... you expect a top 5 overall CB to be the #1 if anything...
Even watching him play man coverage in camp makes me worried. I really hope I'm wrong, but I remember seeing Tariq locking guys down after just learning the position. Witherspoon has good technique, but I've noticed when the receiver breaks his route off, Witherspoon has struggled to recover. His hips mirror the receiver, his handwork is good, but there's just something missing there.

Zone is really fucking difficult to teach. Your responsibilities as a DB or LB change on every play.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord. Looks like Mcintosh sprained his knee.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord. Looks like Mcintosh sprained his knee.

Should have ran Lynch from the 1 I tell you that curse is alive and well. Remember how well Rawls looked then he got hit with the injury bug once Lynch left.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a generational talent for god sakes. That was just the hype IMO, certainly his stats didn't say generational talent.
Jalen Carter has generational talent, but there are red flags and that's why he fell. When you turn on the film of him, he looks great for 20 snaps a game. The others, not so great. Takes plays off, gets subbed out. I do see the argument that he has generational talent, but you also have to wonder if he is just in it for the money.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Carter has generational talent, but there are red flags and that's why he fell. When you turn on the film of him, he looks great for 20 snaps a game. The others, not so great. Takes plays off, gets subbed out. I do see the argument that he has generational talent, but you also have to wonder if he is just in it for the money.

Generational talents don't take snaps off. He shows "flashes" of generational talent but we have seen that from lots of players ( Clowney anyone? lol ) that never become much of anything other than "he should be better instead of just flashes". He also was upset when he wasn't drafted "early" instead of using that to become better or to fuel him he pouted. Red flags ALL OVER the place. He doesn't seem to WANT to work for it ( Greatness ) he wants it handed to him.

He needs a hard nosed Coach that will ride him and change his mentality like a Andy Reid, Belichick or someone like Dan Campbell or Tomlin. Someone that can get him off his lazy ass and truly work for greatness. I don't know if a cheer leader style coach would be good for him. We all know Pete inspires by pumping a guy up not by being a hard, nose to the grindstone type coach.

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generational talents don't take snaps off. He shows "flashes" of generational talent but we have seen that from lots of players ( Clowney anyone? lol ) that never become much of anything other than "he should be better instead of just flashes". He also was upset when he wasn't drafted "early" instead of using that to become better or to fuel him he pouted. Red flags ALL OVER the place. He doesn't seem to WANT to work for it ( Greatness ) he wants it handed to him.

He needs a hard nosed Coach that will ride him and change his mentality like a Andy Reid, Belichick or someone like Dan Campbell or Tomlin. Someone that can get him off his lazy ass and truly work for greatness. I don't know if a cheer leader style coach would be good for him. We all know Pete inspires by pumping a guy up not by being a hard, nose to the grindstone type coach.
I understand your perspective, but I respectfully disagree. The tape speaks for itself and as a player, he was IMO the best prospect in this draft. The only thing that can stop him from being a perennial All-Pro is himself. I honestly think that as a player he was so good, that the "red flags" came up because there was really nothing you could find wrong with his game.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said potential to be generational, are we really arguing over his potential?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said potential to be generational, are we really arguing over his potential?

I dont think anyone is arguing over his potential. Hell Prosise had all the potential to be a great RB another LeSean McCoy type running back that didn't pan out. Penny, Clowney, Curry, Mire, Robinson, Leaf, Mayfield, Bridgewater, WENTZ!, etc etc I can list a hundred guys that had "All Star Potential" that never became anything more than a average at best starter or back-up. Potential means nothing unless they actually reach that potential. I think many of us believe he will never reach his potential not that he doesn't have any. It's all about dedication and thats something you CAN NOT SAY with a straight face that he has. If you think he is dedicated after how he showed up out of shape and gassed in his pro day then you need glasses. Red flags ALL OVER THE PLACE!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Georgia coaches must have really said some concerning things about him for multiple teams to pass on him and having him fall to #9 when there were some mock drafts had him going as high as the #1 overall. I heard there are a lot of behind the scene things that both the league and teams cover up regarding players that the public doesn't know about. They probably are thinking with Jalen that oh this guy is going to be a pain to work with and is the type to hold out and demand a lot of money, picking so high in the draft we can't mess this up we will go with someone else.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least Charbonnet is back. Now Mcintosh is injured but I'll take Charbonnet being healthy over McIntosh. Sounds like Walker is out mostly for precaution? I haven't heard too much on him. Anyone know anything?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least Charbonnet is back. Now Mcintosh is injured but I'll take Charbonnet being healthy over McIntosh. Sounds like Walker is out mostly for precaution? I haven't heard too much on him. Anyone know anything?
Yes, sounds like it's a groin irritation and they're taking caution w/ him to ensure he doesn't irritate to the point of not being able to play... They're letting it heal up as long as possible before letting him take the field... They had said if it was game day, he would play so sounds like just what you said, "mostly for precaution"...

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those saying that Witherspoon is "only" a nickel, in today's NFL the nickelback will often times be covering the primary target on any down and takes a different skill set than just being on the outside right? If Witherspoon is able to master that position as well as lining up outside, then that versatility is HUGE, especially if we want to sprinkle in some CB blitz packages.