• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's talk about The Window

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've read we have the 4th youngest roster in the NFL. *****I may be wrong*****but really close.

What do we as FANS want/expect?

To me, we had the opportunity to win 2 straight, but didn't. Darn, are we out of chances? Yes or No?
The Seahawk 'window' is still very much open. Yes or No?
Can we sign key players and still retain our core? Yes or No?
Is the Locker Room Fractured as a result of the way the game ended? Yes or No?
Do certain Players dislike RW because of the credit he gets? Yes or No?
Will ML give management an 'ultimatum" regarding Bevell? Yes or No?

Bottom line is this to me. The Hawks are BRASH, I'm not proud, but it is a fact. I sometimes want to say JSTFU, but other times support their obtuse opinions. They talk of TEAM, yet hint of disconnect at times.

Back to the very 1st question....
Is two SB Championships in a 5 year period......good or a failure? Yes or No?:suds:

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, we had the opportunity to win 2 straight, but didn't. Darn, are we out of chances? - Depends on Lynch. If he comes back, we could make another appearance. If not, I cant see it.

The Seahawk 'window' is still very much open. See Above

Can we sign key players and still retain our core? No. I cant see the team being able to sign any big name free agents with the money that's going to be going out next season. Might be able to sign a couple decent players, but they will be a quantity over quality deal.

Is the Locker Room Fractured as a result of the way the game ended? Yes. I really think this is going to be a problem.

Do certain Players dislike RW because of the credit he gets? Don't know, but probably a few.

Will ML give management an 'ultimatum" regarding Bevell? Yes. The ball really is in his court.

Is two SB Championships in a 5 year period......good or a failure? Assuming we win another one, then of course its good. The super bowl we just lost was a complete failure and will define Pete Carroll for the rest of his life though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams that are contending year in and year out are the ones with the upper crust QBs. You need some other star quality players around him, but QBs drive this league. Most of the other stuff can come and go. I say probably over 75% of non-Seattle fans (and maybe most Seattle fans as well) think Lynch is the best player on our offense and that losing him kills the team. I don't subscribe to that. RW is the guy who makes it all go, and there's going to be a lot of head scratching after Lynch is gone (whenever that is) and the team is still contending.

Are there issues in the locker room with the amount of credit RW gets? I suppose there could be some.... but just imagine what life may be like in NE or GB or Indy. We constantly hear how Luck has scrubs around him and that he's a one man show. Brady IS the Patriots for all intents and purposes. Hawks D and Lynch get tons of credit as it is. Role players like Baldwin also get attention even with less than spectacular production. I can't see a locker room fracture because of Russell. He's a star QB and there are plenty of others out there and those teammates figure out a way to get over it.

Still a young team. Things will get a little tougher once RW is a $20mill per year guy, but we have nearly all of our star quality players locked up for the next few years. There really aren't many teams out there -- maybe none -- who have a better long term OR short term situation. We walked out of our 2nd straight SB appearance as the odds-on favorites to win it next year. This is a great team with a still promising future.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, we had the opportunity to win 2 straight, but didn't. Darn, are we out of chances? Yes or No?
Of course we're not out of chances. Jesus, we have a franchise QB and something like 6 of some of the best defensive players in the entire NFL under contract. IF Lynch leaves, Turbin/Michael may be able to carry his load or the offensive will have to adjust, but there's nothing to lead me to believe that Seattle will suddenly not be a playoff contender. And once you're in the playoffs, you have as good a chance at the Superbowl as anybody.

Can we sign key players and still retain our core? Yes or No? Yes, I think we can. We have signed our core, and we should still have 15-18 million in cap space, and the cap is expected to increase each year for the foreseeable future. Also, when you have a team as good as Seattle, on the verge of another championship, you'll start to get great players who don't have rings want to join your squad for the opportunity.

Is the Locker Room Fractured as a result of the way the game ended? Yes or No? Who knows?? Is it more fractured than any other team that lost or didn't make the playoffs?? They're professionals. They're men. They'll get over it.

Do certain Players dislike RW because of the credit he gets? Yes or No? Probably. Is that different than any other franchise QB? Not likely.

Will ML give management an 'ultimatum" regarding Bevell? Yes or No? Not a chance.

Is two SB Championships in a 5 year period......good or a failure? Yes or No? Do you know how stupid this sounds coming from a fan of a team that just won it's first SB last year? Or how stupid it sounds in general to fans of any team in any sport? Is winning the championship two times in 5 years (versus 0 times in the previous 46 years) a good thing or a complete failure? C'mon man....look at things with a little perspective.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The super bowl we just lost was a complete failure and will define Pete Carroll for the rest of his life though.

What a joke. I'm pretty sure his NCAA National Championships and his NFL Championship and the 3 years of winning football and 4 playoff appearances that he's now given the Seahawks (so far) will define his legacy. He's the greatest coach Seattle has seen in my lifetime (I was too young to remember much of the Chuck Knox era, but looking at season records and playoff performance, Carroll seems to have done better).

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck Knox would remind us we have to play the hand we are dealt and football players win football games.
The window to be competitive is going to be open for a number of years. Get a few more weapons for Russell and we are good to go.

The window for getting to the superbowl is anyone's guess. There are 15 teams in the NFC who would like to get there also. Seattle is going to need some incredible draft classes going forward.
Several teams already have their franchise QB but are missing some key players around them.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the window is closed. Beast or not.

I see us like the 70's Steelers. We will be fine

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing him kills the team. I don't subscribe to that. RW is the guy who makes it all go, and there's going to be a lot of head scratching after Lynch is gone (whenever that is) and the team is still contending.

I don't think this is true. Defense's have to respect Lynch and they realize he's the first option (of course unless the super bowls at stake). Nobody respects Turbin and they shouldn't. This Seahawk teams demise will be when Lynch is gone. No way do they contend.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not closed yet... Wilson is only gonna improve with experience and our D is still intact... We do need to improve our pass rush though, because that was lacking this entire playoff run.... I realize losing Mebane an Hill contributed to that BUT we need to keep our depth going on that D line... We also need another corner to add some depth... Simon got effin abused... Will be curious to see how Pete and John approach the offseason... I"m also hoping Bevell get's fired.... Seriously ... I"m gonna have a hard time rooting for that guy anymore...

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke. I'm pretty sure his NCAA National Championships and his NFL Championship and the 3 years of winning football and 4 playoff appearances that he's now given the Seahawks (so far) will define his legacy. He's the greatest coach Seattle has seen in my lifetime (I was too young to remember much of the Chuck Knox era, but looking at season records and playoff performance, Carroll seems to have done better).

Lol, come on man. When Pete Carroll's name is mentioned 2, 5, 10, even 20 years from now, the first thing that will come to peoples minds will be 'The Call' and the super bowl he choked away. I'm just being honest.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, we have a franchise QB and something like 6 of some of the best defensive players in the entire NFL under contract.

Is two SB Championships in a 5 year period......good or a failure? Yes or No? Do you know how stupid this sounds coming from a fan of a team that just won it's first SB last year? Or how stupid it sounds in general to fans of any team in any sport? Is winning the championship two times in 5 years (versus 0 times in the previous 46 years) a good thing or a complete failure? C'mon man....look at things with a little perspective.

Hey Bo, chill. I was asking a question because I know we have fans that dwell on the negative and others, like myself, who tend to try to remain positive. It was a question, it wasn't my answer. To ask "Do you know how stupid it sounds….?" Yes, I do, because there are some fans that do believe that if we only win 2 in a 5 year period, it is a failure, because we should have won 3 or 4. I will he very happy if we win another SB in the next 3 years.:suds:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, come on man. When Pete Carroll's name is mentioned 2, 5, 10, even 20 years from now, the first thing that will come to peoples minds will be 'The Call' and the super bowl he choked away. I'm just being honest.

No way. I can't believe you're so quick to slam the guy for 1 call when he won you the Super Bowl for the first time in the HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE the previous year. No way in HELL does 'the call' (which, many many many analysts have since chilled out on) get mentioned before his championships. NO WAY.

Jesus, you're the most negative fan I've seen. Were you one of those guys who left the Green Bay game before the comeback too?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bo, chill. I was asking a question because I know we have fans that dwell on the negative and others, like myself, who tend to try to remain positive. It was a question, it wasn't my answer. To ask "Do you know how stupid it sounds….?" Yes, I do, because there are some fans that do believe that if we only win 2 in a 5 year period, it is a failure, because we should have won 3 or 4. I will he very happy if we win another SB in the next 3 years.:suds:

All good man, just a lot of negativity the last 4 days and a lot of fans saying stupid shit. Didn't mean to jump down anyone's throat. :suds:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is true. Defense's have to respect Lynch and they realize he's the first option (of course unless the super bowls at stake). Nobody respects Turbin and they shouldn't. This Seahawk teams demise will be when Lynch is gone. No way do they contend.

Lynch is great and the team will be slightly different without him, but the team will still contend year in and year out with PC coaching and RW "at the trigger." Turbo and Michael will be good backs. Will you get beast quakes? Probably not, but you may get some more 80 yard breakaways. Are those bad? Guess what types of plays Turbo and Michael can run that Lynch can't? The Edge sprint that Manning and Edge made famous. RW can easily get the ball to them near the turn and it will be off to the races. It is a team sport and although Lynch is the heart of the team now, someone else will become that in the future.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. It will be the first thing you think because you have openly ALWAYS hated Pete, and hated the hire, etc.

My first thoughts about PC 10 years from now will ALWAYS be how he worked with JS to bring this franchise to a level they had NEVER experienced before.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbo and Michael will be good backs.

When will this happen because they sure aren't anything special right now? Turbin is as average as a RB in the NFL can be and he coughs up the rock more then he should. Michael cant even beat out Turbin, so there's your answer for him.

Will you get beast quakes? Probably not, but you may get some more 80 yard breakaways.

I've never seen Robert Turbin bust an 80 yarder. This is almost laughable. Michael cant even get on the field to have playing time he's so good.

Are those bad? Guess what types of plays Turbo and Michael can run that Lynch can't? The Edge sprint that Manning and Edge made famous. RW can easily get the ball to them near the turn and it will be off to the races. It is a team sport and although Lynch is the heart of the team now, someone else will become that in the future.

You would think they would be using this so called edge sprint now wouldn't you?

If somebody else is going to be the heart of the team in the future, it sure as hell isn't going to be Turbin or Michael.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say that... Pete's big mistake was not over-ruling Bevell because he allowed his OC to make the call... As a coach you do have to put faith in your coordinators... But Pete won a Super-Bowl so that helps, and his run is far from over ... While I agree it will be talked about, it won't define everything he's done...What is he like the 2nd coach to win and NCAA title and a Super Bowl title... ?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. I can't believe you're so quick to slam the guy for 1 call when he won you the Super Bowl for the first time in the HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE the previous year. No way in HELL does 'the call' (which, many many many analysts have since chilled out on) get mentioned before his championships. NO WAY.

Jesus, you're the most negative fan I've seen. Were you one of those guys who left the Green Bay game before the comeback too?

If there's an opening, even a tiny one, for tzorn to slam Pete Carroll, he'll find it and bust through it like Juggernaut. If there isn't an opening for it, he'll create one. He's hated Carroll for as long as I can remember, so it doesn't surprise me that he's taking this opportunity to do his "I told you so" happy dance.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will this happen because they sure aren't anything special right now? Turbin is as average as a RB in the NFL can be and he coughs up the rock more then he should. Michael cant even beat out Turbin, so there's your answer for him.

I've never seen Robert Turbin bust an 80 yarder. This is almost laughable. Michael cant even get on the field to have playing time he's so good.

You would think they would be using this so called edge sprint now wouldn't you?

If somebody else is going to be the heart of the team in the future, it sure as hell isn't going to be Turbin or Michael.

It will happen when one of them becomes the main back and doesn't just get 3rd and long carries, or last drive before half so Marshawn can rest carries. If you haven't seen Turbo break away, then what have you been watching? Half of his runs have been called back on penalty. Why would they install an edge play into an offense with Marshawn as the main back?

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. It will be the first thing you think because you have openly ALWAYS hated Pete, and hated the hire, etc.

It is true that I've never liked him. I never liked his arrogance and the stupid things he sometimes did. He's a great judge of talent and a great motivator, but I would never put him in the upper class of coaches. He just played a chess match with Belichick and got his ass handed to him for example. I will be forever grateful to him that he won a super bowl for the team, but then again, I will be forever bitter that he lost us one too.

My first thoughts about PC 10 years from now will ALWAYS be how he worked with JS to bring this franchise to a level they had NEVER experienced before.

That's great. The rest of the world will remember him for 'The Call'.