• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's put this Warriors 'chemistry problem' to bed

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, head coach Steve Kerr has no qualms playing McCaw during pivotal stretches. McCaw was on the court for the final 7:35 of a close game Nov. 16 at Toronto.

Warriors’ Patrick McCaw looking like draft-night steal

Overshadowed during Thompson's 60-point, 11-dribble performance Monday night during which he touched the ball for all of 90 seconds in a rout of Indiana was McCaw's nine points on three 3-pointers and five assists in 15-plus minutes.

Warriors rookie Patrick McCaw learns surrounded by big stars

You're really taking a crap on Wiggy's crusade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my definition of a rotation player is a guy who gets consistent minutes in games who's outcomes are not already decided and meaningfully contributes in those minutes.

If I see Patrick McCaw playing 15 minutes a night on Christmas day against the Cavs and contributing when the game is still in doubt- I will be the FIRST person to change my stance.

When i see him put up 15 minutes and 2 points in a laugher against the Knicks whne they didnt even play Melo or Rose and the Warriors were winning by 26 going into the 4th- -- that is NOT being a rotation player- thats human victory cigar status.

thats playing your scrub to save your ACTUAL rotation players.

You can call him what you want, but know that your definition of rotation player is wrong. I challenge you to find anybody else who attaches statistical output to their definition of what a rotation player truly is. You won't, because the definition of rotation player is very simple:

Any player who is the regular rotation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just cant wrap my head around the fact that tlance is trying to argue some guy is a rotation player avergaging 12 minutes, 3-1-1...its just to much for me.

That's because you know nothing about sports.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, head coach Steve Kerr has no qualms playing McCaw during pivotal stretches. McCaw was on the court for the final 7:35 of a close game Nov. 16 at Toronto.

Warriors’ Patrick McCaw looking like draft-night steal

Overshadowed during Thompson's 60-point, 11-dribble performance Monday night during which he touched the ball for all of 90 seconds in a rout of Indiana was McCaw's nine points on three 3-pointers and five assists in 15-plus minutes.

Warriors rookie Patrick McCaw learns surrounded by big stars

Denzel-Boom.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaw enters the game with 3 minutes left in the first quarter.

Clearly garbage time.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaw enters the game with 3 minutes left in the first quarter.

Clearly garbage time.

In Wiggy's defense, for some Warriors games that could be classified as garbage time.

:dhd:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Wiggy only trusts beat writers, here's Anthony Slater on Pat McCaw:

John Jung via email: Who is your favorite rookie so far among McCaw, Looney, and Jones? Who do you think has the biggest potential?

Kevon Looney isn’t a rookie, but since he missed a heavy portion of his first season and is still only 20 years old (younger than Patrick McCaw and Damian Jones), we’ll loop him into this discussion. But the answer to your question is McCaw. If Ian Clark wasn’t shooting/playing so well, McCaw would be getting 15-plus minutes every night. He’s had some rookie struggles, which are often attached to inconsistent court time. But Steve Kerr trusts him. He’s polished and already proven he can have an impact on this stage with plenty more likely to come. I believe it was Andre Iguodala who said McCaw would be a 15-plus year rotation type player in this league, which is an incredible draft haul at 38th overall.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Wiggy only trusts beat writers, here's Anthony Slater on Pat McCaw:

John Jung via email: Who is your favorite rookie so far among McCaw, Looney, and Jones? Who do you think has the biggest potential?

Kevon Looney isn’t a rookie, but since he missed a heavy portion of his first season and is still only 20 years old (younger than Patrick McCaw and Damian Jones), we’ll loop him into this discussion. But the answer to your question is McCaw. If Ian Clark wasn’t shooting/playing so well, McCaw would be getting 15-plus minutes every night. He’s had some rookie struggles, which are often attached to inconsistent court time. But Steve Kerr trusts him. He’s polished and already proven he can have an impact on this stage with plenty more likely to come. I believe it was Andre Iguodala who said McCaw would be a 15-plus year rotation type player in this league, which is an incredible draft haul at 38th overall.

Glad Iggy is so high on his probable replacement....lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Iggy is so high on his probable replacement....lol

Yeah, the writing's on the wall on that one. In a year or two, this kid's going to be in Iggy's slot. He needs to hit the weight room though.

Reactions: LAD

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he, Porzingis and Brandon Ingram need to be on the 1000 cheeseburgers per day diet.
Maybe Giannis too. His legs or lack thereof make it look like he's on stilts.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he, Porzingis and Brandon Ingram need to be on the 1000 cheeseburgers per day diet.

If I'm the Lakers, I'm paying someone to deliver In n Out to Ingram no less than 5-6 times per day. And no sissy double-double's either. Going off menu and delivering quads. lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Lakers, I'm paying someone to deliver In n Out to Ingram no less than 5-6 times per day. And no sissy double-double's either. Going off menu and delivering quads. lol

Must include animal fries and like 4 shakes. Otherwise it's pointless.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram needs to acquire some hops...maybe steal the monstarz golden basketball....

his basketball iq is as good as any 19 year old i had seen though--- was surprised by his medicore athleticism though.-- at least what yo ucan see on TV

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram needs to acquire some hops...maybe steal the monstarz golden basketball....

his basketball iq is as good as any 19 year old i had seen though--- was surprised by his medicore athleticism though.-- at least what yo ucan see in a in a box score.

:fify:

:kidding:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

his basketball iq is as good as any 19 year old i had seen though--- was surprised by his medicore athleticism though.-- at least what yo ucan see on TV

He does look a bit "gangly" on the court. Sometimes he's looks smooth and fluid, sometimes he looks like Bambi trying to walk. He's only 19, so his muscles (what little he has) may not be caught up to his height yet. If that's the case and he's already an NBA level talent, imagine what he'll be like in a couple of years when he's (hopefully) filled out a little and has more control of his movements.