• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron Says He's Willing To Come Off Bench

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron should admit he was wrong to go back to Cleveland and go into the front office and ask them to trade him back - lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love will walk this summer, and Lebron will go down as the biggest weenie in the history of the game.

Wait a minute - I thought he did that the first time he left Cleveland? :omg: When did he stop being one?:wtf2:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he could not be a worse GM than Jimmy Buss...

Be careful - I have been skewered fiercely for questioning the leadership of the current Buss family.

Serious though - he will get better. He's only been legitimately in charge a few years depending on when Dr Buss was really to sick and to far gone to give any input

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think turnup and trojan make some good points about the benefits of bringing Love off the bench.

The issue, like bk said, though, is what that might do to the prospect of keeping Love long term. It would have to be Love's idea.

The thing is, though, Blatt has been playing with the rotations and seems to have found a pretty good one that accomplishes some of that without having to officially start someone else... I mean starting is just a ceremony thing... you can use whatever lineups you want the rest of the game... no matter who starts.

LeBron's been coming out midway through the 1st, leaving Kevin and Kyrie out there. The staggering continues throughout the game so that there are good stretches of all 3 and also stretches of just 1 or 2.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's bench outside of MAYBE Chicago's actually does scare anyone? and that is if that chronically injured team is even healthy which happens just about never

when those rotations tighten up come playoff time ill take Thompson and Smith as 6thand 7th guys against anyones in the East- and Marion and Delledova can certainly get the job done

ya think the Hawks bench or the Wizards or the Raptors bench scares anyone? hell no it doesnt...its the NBA in the salary cap era- its hard to build a solid bench 6th man through 9th man....as for Mike Miller....say the Cavs have to play in like, what 25 games probably to win a title? something like that? Ill guarantee you that Mike Miller has at least one humongous game where he goes 7/10 from 3 and at least one other game where he plays a substantial role...for a 10th guy barely making over league minimum what else could you want?

You MIGHT get out of the East with your current bench (although I doubt it), but your not beating the Spurs, Grizzlies or really any team good enough to come out of the West with that bench.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think turnup and trojan make some good points about the benefits of bringing Love off the bench.

The issue, like bk said, though, is what that might do to the prospect of keeping Love long term. It would have to be Love's idea.

The thing is, though, Blatt has been playing with the rotations and seems to have found a pretty good one that accomplishes some of that without having to officially start someone else... I mean starting is just a ceremony thing... you can use whatever lineups you want the rest of the game... no matter who starts.

LeBron's been coming out midway through the 1st, leaving Kevin and Kyrie out there. The staggering continues throughout the game so that there are good stretches of all 3 and also stretches of just 1 or 2.

I don't think that it would necessarily have to be his idea, but he would have to be sold on the benefit of it and might have to actually try it and see the results before he was convinced. Obviously, the current Lakers aren't nearly as good as the current Cavs, but the Lakers went through a similar situation with Carlos Boozer. He has started his entire career, but Byron decided Boozer would be better coming off of the bench. Boozer was upset about it for a couple of games, but he accepted it and played better coming off the bench than he did as a starter.

If Cleveland truly isn't expecting to win a title this season, then this season would be the time to experiment so that they can go into next season with everyone on the same page.

As for Blatt having found a pretty good rotation, it's amazing how much better a rotation becomes when you add Lebron to it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that it would necessarily have to be his idea, but he would have to be sold on the benefit of it and might have to actually try it and see the results before he was convinced. Obviously, the current Lakers aren't nearly as good as the current Cavs, but the Lakers went through a similar situation with Carlos Boozer. He has started his entire career, but Byron decided Boozer would be better coming off of the bench. Boozer was upset about it for a couple of games, but he accepted it and played better coming off the bench than he did as a starter.

If Cleveland truly isn't expecting to win a title this season, then this season would be the time to experiment so that they can go into next season with everyone on the same page.

As for Blatt having found a pretty good rotation, it's amazing how much better a rotation becomes when you add Lebron to it.

Hundreds of posts of analysis has been written and it all comes down to nothing more than this.
Take James off this roster and they are probably middle to bottom 1/3 of the NBA.
Luckily for Cavs fans, they don't have to take him off the roster, though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can play with that roster all they want, but personally I think the Cavaliers was still two or more years away from being the type of roster that Lebron James needed to come to and win a championship in the same or next year and it's a huge mistake for any player like James to be content with three years away from being a contender at his age. This Cavalier's team just doesn't have the chemistry and talent combined and it's going to take the rest of the year to get that. Next year we will see what they can do

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LeBron made a huge mistake leaving Miami if titles was his true goal. Honestly, if he wanted to leave Miami, the Clippers would have been the smartest move for him. But think about the Heat right now with the emergence of Whiteside. You put LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Whiteside out there.. they likely get that 3rd title in 4 years and certainly at least go out of the East making it 5 finals in a row.

Okay my daydream is over.. back to your regularly scheduled thread.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LeBron made a huge mistake leaving Miami if titles was his true goal. Honestly, if he wanted to leave Miami, the Clippers would have been the smartest move for him. But think about the Heat right now with the emergence of Whiteside. You put LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Whiteside out there.. they likely get that 3rd title in 4 years and certainly at least go out of the East making it 5 finals in a row.

Okay my daydream is over.. back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I agree though - and personally if LeBron had issues with Miami due to age, no input in who the players sign and etc, then I think the Lakers would have been a better destination. Hollywood players have a lot going for them in Los Angeles and the team would have built around him considerably faster than in Cleveland. The correct choice though would have been to finish his career in Miami - By leaving he made himself look like a weenie