• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron Says He's Willing To Come Off Bench

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eventually Shumpert is gonna start and Smith will go to the bench and be the spark plug off the bench- its been the plan for a while....

name me a better big man/perimeter bench combo in the East than Tristan Thompson and Jr Smith....maybe Chicago has one....probably it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean...wait a minute here on this Kevin Love stuff....

people do realize he is averaging 17 and 10 right? thats not exactly peanuts there....

I mean- with him playing with Kyrie and LeBron, what would have been "expected numbers" ???

maybe at best 20 and 11? 19 and 11? -

the guy has not even played well yet and is the 8th best rebounder in the league and is a few explosive games away from being right where he should be

believe me- he hasnt met expectations yet- but to act like he hasnt done a pretty damn good job just doesnt make any sense

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eventually Shumpert is gonna start and Smith will go to the bench and be the spark plug off the bench- its been the plan for a while....

name me a better big man/perimeter bench combo in the East than Tristan Thompson and Jr Smith....maybe Chicago has one....probably it

Please fucking quit telling us how great everyone is, and then trying to tell us there is no expectation to win.

And why isn't Shumpert even on the court for D in crunch time?
Apparently they think Delly is better?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean...wait a minute here on this Kevin Love stuff....

people do realize he is averaging 17 and 10 right? thats not exactly peanuts there....

I mean- with him playing with Kyrie and LeBron, what would have been "expected numbers" ???

maybe at best 20 and 11? 19 and 11? -

the guy has not even played well yet and is the 8th best rebounder in the league and is a few explosive games away from being right where he should be

believe me- he hasnt met expectations yet- but to act like he hasnt done a pretty damn good job just doesnt make any sense

What "stuff"? Where was Love knocked in this thread?
The discussion is, could he be more productive if his role was altered a bit.
We all know James isn't ever playing that role.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please fucking quit telling us how great everyone is, and then trying to tell us there is no expectation to win.

Shumpert has played less than 10 games with a brand new team coming off an injury where he missed significant time- you think they are gonna run the guy out there 30 minutes a night and rush him into the starting lineup during a long winning streak?

good lord

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am just saying that as far as bench's go in the East- the Cavs during playoff time will likely be rolling with a bench of Thompson, Smith, Marion, Delly, Miller....

i mean- as far as east bench's go that might not be Chicagos bench but its certainly better than teams like the Bucks or Miami and is arguably as good as anyones outside of Chicago

plus like i said- the benches shorten in the playoffs- and I think that Thompson and Smith coming off the bench is just as good as what anyone else is bringing at their 6 and 7 spots....I think you could make cases for other guys for sure- but Smith and Thompson would have a very solid argument

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shumpert has played less than 10 games with a brand new team coming off an injury where he missed significant time- you think they are gonna run the guy out there 30 minutes a night and rush him into the starting lineup during a long winning streak?

good lord

Once again, you are making shit up.
Where did I say anything about starting or playing 30 minutes?
I asked ( which means I dont know) why he wasn't on the court in crunch time instead of Delly, if he's this great defender.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying that as far as bench's go in the East- the Cavs during playoff time will likely be rolling with a bench of Thompson, Smith, Marion, Delly, Miller....

i mean- as far as east bench's go that might not be Chicagos bench but its certainly better than teams like the Bucks or Miami and is arguably as good as anyones outside of Chicago

plus like i said- the benches shorten in the playoffs- and I think that Thompson and Smith coming off the bench is just as good as what anyone else is bringing at their 6 and 7 spots....I think you could make cases for other guys for sure- but Smith and Thompson would have a very solid argument

Anytime you write Millers name down, I cant stop laughing ( and I know Mike very well).
He's useless on this roster ( as he would have been here last year).

I'm not knocking your top 7, but call me unimpressed going much deeper.
I do like Marion in short spurts if needed, but he seems to be out of the rotation?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's what you're missing and this is where the possibility of Love coming off the bench enters the equation. A bench of Thompson, Smith, Marion, Delly and Miller, scares absolutely no one.

However, if you put Thompson in the starting lineup, finding shots for Love is no longer an issue and your bench gets scarier. You bring Love in off the bench and he becomes the first option. He can still play starter or close to starter minutes. It improves your bench and allows him to be the #1 option more often when he's in the game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what you're missing and this is where the possibility of Love coming off the bench enters the equation. A bench of Thompson, Smith, Marion, Delly and Miller, scares absolutely no one.

However, if you put Thompson in the starting lineup, finding shots for Love is no longer an issue and your bench gets scarier. You bring Love in off the bench and he becomes the first option. He can still play starter or close to starter minutes. It improves your bench and allows him to be the #1 option more often when he's in the game.

He's too busy getting defensive vs trying to understand the potential probable upside.
As much as I cant stand James, I've never questioned his basketball IQ.
IMO, this is his vision, and IMO, it makes total sense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too busy getting defensive vs trying to understand the potential probable upside.
As much as I cant stand James, I've never questioned his basketball IQ.
IMO, this is his vision, and IMO, it makes total sense.

Yeah. Having Lebron and Kyrie in the starting lineup is scary even if the rest of the starting lineup is you, me and Wiggy.:lol:

However, the Cavs bench, minus Love, is not scaring anyone. The Cavs bench with Love suddenly becomes scary.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to grab Cole or Williams as a backup PG. That needs to be their focus.

Irving
Smith
James
Love
Mozgov

Williams/Cole
Shump
Marion
Thompson
Miller

Not the best bench, but good enough to win the East.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who's bench outside of MAYBE Chicago's actually does scare anyone? and that is if that chronically injured team is even healthy which happens just about never

when those rotations tighten up come playoff time ill take Thompson and Smith as 6thand 7th guys against anyones in the East- and Marion and Delledova can certainly get the job done

ya think the Hawks bench or the Wizards or the Raptors bench scares anyone? hell no it doesnt...its the NBA in the salary cap era- its hard to build a solid bench 6th man through 9th man....as for Mike Miller....say the Cavs have to play in like, what 25 games probably to win a title? something like that? Ill guarantee you that Mike Miller has at least one humongous game where he goes 7/10 from 3 and at least one other game where he plays a substantial role...for a 10th guy barely making over league minimum what else could you want?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love will walk this summer, and Lebron will go down as the biggest weenie in the history of the game.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine who is also a Lakers fan suggested today that Lebron left Miami because he had issues with Pat Riley. He thinks that issue is that Pat Riley doesn't let the players dictate policy or tell him what to do or influence his decisions enough. I've never heard that one before today but one thing for sure: I expect the Cavaliers will be shopping James this summer. This reminds me of an old rule I had when I had my own business in the San Gabriel Valley of California. It was a service orientated business and once a customer terminated my service - I never went back when they called. I found that if a business relationship didn't work the first time, it seldom works the second. The NBA is so different from that though, I never considered that rule, but something I think players should be aware of. The NBA is a business and sometimes it's better not to play with certain teams as a player

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's bench outside of MAYBE Chicago's actually does scare anyone? and that is if that chronically injured team is even healthy which happens just about never

when those rotations tighten up come playoff time ill take Thompson and Smith as 6thand 7th guys against anyones in the East- and Marion and Delledova can certainly get the job done

ya think the Hawks bench or the Wizards or the Raptors bench scares anyone? hell no it doesnt...its the NBA in the salary cap era- its hard to build a solid bench 6th man through 9th man....as for Mike Miller....say the Cavs have to play in like, what 25 games probably to win a title? something like that? Ill guarantee you that Mike Miller has at least one humongous game where he goes 7/10 from 3 and at least one other game where he plays a substantial role...for a 10th guy barely making over league minimum what else could you want?

1. Let's see what happens between now and the trade deadline.
2. Why do you keep just mentioning the East? The Heat ran into their problems against some team in the WC who had a very deep bench.
3. Expect more injuries. I'm not specifically talking Cavs. I'm talking in general.
These seasons are a long grind.
Winning early is nice. Winning now is nice. But, give me winning and health 2 months from now.
That's when it starts really mattering, as far as championships go.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to grab Cole or Williams as a backup PG. That needs to be their focus.

Irving
Smith
James
Love
Mozgov

Williams/Cole
Shump
Marion
Thompson
Miller

id take Cole- the CSU kid, or give Mo another shot- Mo can definitely space the floor and score if need be

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irving
Smith
James
Love
Mozgov

Williams/Cole
Shump
Marion
Thompson
Miller

Cole is trash. Better go after Williams