• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders bench Derek Carr

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ISn't this kind of what McDaniels did with the Broncos too? cut ties with players so he could get "His Guys" in place to prove it is his system?
Proud Of You Yes GIF

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"None of us is happy with where we're at, but we think it's an opportunity to evaluate a younger player who hasn't had much time to play," McDaniels said. "Derek was great. He understands the scenario that we're in and the situation and is very supportive of the two young guys. He'll do anything he can to help them."

How is it that he’s doing anything he can to help them by leaving the team for the rest of the regular season to not be a distraction? Alex Smith played the best season of his career (at that point) that Kaepernick took over, leading the league and passer rating at the time, he didn’t become a distraction. He helped his team. I think it is a big factor that the Raiders due to all their close losses are not in the running for anything postseason wise. So I guess with that in mind, there is no reason for Carr to stay and help.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when McDaniels thought he was too good to coach the Bengals while they were rebuilding. No one in Cincy wanted the bum to begin with. Absolute garbage juice.

Karma is a helluva thing.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get why people put W/L records on the QB. There's no bigger team sport than football. No matter how good you are a QB needs guys to catch the ball, people to protect him in the pocket, and a coach o
Its not just W/L though.

Its when your team needs Rvers/Ryan/Carr to get a TD, they throw a INT.

After so many seasons it becomes clear that they never learned how run a 2-minute offense, use the sidelines or just not lose the game because of dumb decisions.

With all the roster turnover and yet they've never been able to put anything together no matter the personnel? That's when their passing stats ring hollow.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just W/L though.

Its when your team needs Rvers/Ryan/Carr to get a TD, they throw a INT.

After so many seasons it becomes clear that they never learned how run a 2-minute offense, use the sidelines or just not lose the game because of dumb decisions.

With all the roster turnover and yet they've never been able to put anything together no matter the personnel? That's when their passing stats ring hollow.
Honestly, I think Carr is pretty good in the game winning drive department. Thats not his issue. Carr just isnt really a 'plus' guy and a normal QB isnt going to carry a bad defense like he has to do 90% of the time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sure signal that he is being cut when the season is over. Which QB will the Raiders go after? Brady or Jimmy?
Baker makes sense. Doubt Brady would go to Vegas but JimmyG and Teddy are both pretty injury prone, more risk. Let it fly with Baker and if you are bad, draft a QB in 2024. Only question, will Baker be willing to take a short-term deal? He should be glad to be a starting QB and have the opportunity again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a sneaky one too. Isn't their cap super overleveraged though? The Jets look like a better spot to me if I am Carr, imo. Only downside is it's in a division with Allen.
The Jets make the most sense to me. I would think they go all-in on Carr and offer him a ton of money, definitely a Jets type of move imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he's happy where he is and he can refuse to be traded - so it would be ridiculously foolish for a team that didn't want him, (other than for a potential trade), to retain him at significantly more than his market value. Good luck with a 'trade compensation plus $40M' sales pitch for a $24M commodity.
Yes once the guaranteed money kicks in he can do what he wants but do you really want to play for a team that benches you and really wants no part of you. Better to just part ways...Carr gets a list of teams that are interested and he picks. A lifetime Raider, he deserves that respect. It's not like the compensation will be overwhelming.

All that being said, if the Raiders want to cut ties releasing him would be the best option.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets make the most sense to me. I would think they go all-in on Carr and offer him a ton of money, definitely a Jets type of move imo.
Yeah, that team seems like the obvious first choice. Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore are the type of receivers that I think would do well with Carr.

Id say Washington makes sense, too, but there is a chance that if Carr doesn't play well then he isn't a big upgrade over Heinicke. Carr could have his worst season and be an upgrade for the Jets

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that team seems like the obvious first choice. Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore are the type of receivers that I think would do well with Carr.

Id say Washington makes sense, too, but there is a chance that if Carr doesn't play well then he isn't a big upgrade over Heinicke. Carr could have his worst season and be an upgrade for the Jets

The Jets have everything lined up. If they get Carr, Garop, or any solid middle of the pack QB they'll make a deep run next season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the QB gets the blame instead of the HC. What is McDaniels HC record? It not good

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the QB gets the blame instead of the HC. What is McDaniels HC record? It not good
Neither may be the answer but carr is done in Las vegas....the Raiders want to split and want no chance of him getting injured so they would have to pay millions for him next season