• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders bench Derek Carr

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Chiefs fan this is an important detail as it pertains to the Chiefs playoff seeding. The Raiders in my opinion pose a much bigger threat against the Chiefs with Carr starting.

Something interesting (to me anyway) is Carr's career passing stat: 35,222 passing yards, good for 32nd ALL TIME.

While he seems to be on a very Philip Rivers/Matt Ryan career trajectory of high production, low yield, I guess this is a financial decision on the part of the Raiders. Supposedly they are keeping McDaniels because they can't afford to fire him, continue paying out his contract and hire a new HC that is remotely in demand.

He is an average NFL starter. He is 32nd all time in passing yards because of the era that he is playing in.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an average NFL starter. He is 32nd all time in passing yards because of the era that he is playing in.
Pretty untenable to be average/touch above when you're in a division with Herbert and Mahomes. Going 3-3 in the division optimistically is a recipe for sitting your ass on the couch every January.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a sneaky one too. Isn't their cap super overleveraged though? The Jets look like a better spot to me if I am Carr, imo. Only downside is it's in a division with Allen.
Possibly... I hadn't looked...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty untenable to be average/touch above when you're in a division with Herbert and Mahomes. Going 3-3 in the division optimistically is a recipe for sitting your ass on the couch every January.

Yup. Unless you have Mahomes, Allen, Herbert or Burrow, your team's GM probably thinks about how he can improve the QB position or how he can use his current QB in a trade.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think if you were able to include all the yardage from the opposing defense on his pick 6s..

If I were Dalton's agent, I'm totally trying to figure out how to manipulate the facts!!! The ball rarely hits the ground with my guy! He throws a very catchable ball!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reports are that Derek Carr steps away from Raiders to avoid “obvious distractions”​

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about this on local radio here when I was on my way home.

From what they were saying, if the Raiders cut Carr within three days before the Super Bowl, they’ll get a 5.5 million cap penalty, but if he gets hurt, his 33 million salary for next season will become guaranteed.

So this seems like an indication that the Raiders may be moving on from Carr. Or they just want to keep their options open and not get locked in just because of injury…

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what they were saying, if the Raiders cut Carr within three days before the Super Bowl, they’ll get a 5.5 million cap penalty, but if he gets hurt, his 33 million salary for next season will become guaranteed.

So this seems like an indication that the Raiders may be moving on from Carr. Or they just want to keep their options open and not get locked in just because of injury…
Yep... They basically bubble-wrapped him so he wouldn't chance an injury over their next 2 games...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy G to the Raiders!!! LOL.