• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lebron crying about mvp

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To recap this thread...

LeBron thinks that Stotts "COULD" have been COY given how much the Blazers exceeded expectations, that there is a difference between being the best player and being the most valuable, and that Curry was the obvious unquestionable choice for MVP.... and most people completely agree with him.
its such a shame...

but when you are team that has LeBron James, plays on national TV the most, 3 hugely marketable players, the games highest payroll, all the hype, all the winning....it just kinda comes with the territory....other people dont like it and they are gonna look for the cracks and try to make a mountain out of a mole hill every chance they get.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont usually put too much stock into what Stephen A. Smith says--- but he made an interesting point today- that i agree with.

If LeBron loses to Curry this year- LeBron has DEFINITELY lost the title of best player.

Whether some people like it or not- there is still a very viable argument for LeBron- as there is for Curry. If Curry shows up healthy with his team and LeBron shows up healthy with his team- we are probably gonna get our answer.

I think thats awesome.

I cant wait to see LeBron fight and do what he needs to do to retain his crown and his title of KING JAMES. I do not think he will give it up lightly.
LOL the funny thing is I'm not so sure Curry is concerned with being crowned "the KING". He'd rather win championships- something he's said many times.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont usually put too much stock into what Stephen A. Smith says--- but he made an interesting point today- that i agree with.

If LeBron loses to Curry this year- LeBron has DEFINITELY lost the title of best player.

Hey homer...

HE ALREADY HAS

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether some people like it or not- there is still a very viable argument for LeBron- as there is for Curry. If Curry shows up healthy with his team and LeBron shows up healthy with his team- we are probably gonna get our answer.
I think thats awesome.
I cant wait to see LeBron fight and do what he needs to do to retain his crown and his title of KING JAMES. I do not think he will give it up lightly.

Good point by Stephen A ... LBJ will be on a mission.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think thats awesome.

Agreed, he will be on a mission considering the consensus is that Curry has already achieved top dog status.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting thing is based on his response to the question it seems like he perceived the comments to be of a negative nature as did most of us.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting thing is based on his response to the question it seems like he perceived the comments to be of a negative nature as did most of us.

It was. Lebron is a thin skinned piece of shit who is mad he did not get 1 first place vote. All it comes to.

I hope the Warriors destroy them in the finals

Reactions: LAD

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its such a shame...

but when you are team that has LeBron James, plays on national TV the most, 3 hugely marketable players, the games highest payroll, all the hype, all the winning....it just kinda comes with the territory....other people dont like it and they are gonna look for the cracks and try to make a mountain out of a mole hill every chance they get.

You remind me of that baby on TV - where the old man says the baby needs changing and pushes the baby stroller away from him. Your diaper needs to be changed - lol, sorry but it's true.

Seriously - Father time is undefeated - and Lebron's time is gradually fading. I think he still has four or five more good years and a good chance to win another championship - but It's not going to be in Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- this is pretty much what the standard media cookie-cutter conversation is about the MVP every single year- right?

is it a "Player of the Year award"

or

is it a "Who is the Most Valuable"

like Mecca said- if someone wanted to say Steph is both- they might be right. He certainly was the ONLY choice for the Maurice Podoloff Trophy. Any other choice would have been ludicrous. Curry was the best player on a team that broke the NBA record for wins, 50/40/90, 400+ 3's etc. etc.

but- ill tell ya...

If you put LeBron on the Sixers or the Lakers or the Suns or the Kings or whatever other team that was no good last year...or you put Steph on the Sixers, Lakers, or the Suns or the Kings or whatever other team that was no good last year....

I think LeBron elevates those teams- gets more wins, advances farther than Steph does. Even if you disagree- which im sure some people that always get caught up in the next big thing will- to say that there is not at least a legit conversation would be pigheaded.

Steph needs the right system, the right support players etc. Hes a Ferrari. Little tempermental, high maintenance, but nothing owns the road quite like it. LeBron is a freaking hummer- it doesnt matter who or what is going on around him- what guys are around him- hes a freaking force of nature.

LeBron's success is much less dependent on his system, teammates, coaching whatever than Currys is. Im not saying thats a bad thing. Im just saying its true.

I will say- at this point- with how the Cavs are taking care of LeBron in his age 31 season- Curry DOES get a leg up for the amount of games he plays etc.

in summary---- based on how the NBA has given out the trophy in the course of its history- Steph Curry was without a doubt not only the winner- but the only logical choice..however- .the trophy is the Maurice Podoloff trophy given to the most "Valuable" player though. What is value if not how much you elevate your team?
consensus huh MEcca?

sure doesnt seem like anything close to a "consensus".

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I am at the point where I'm done with the media. There was a time when it was about being accurate. Now, it's sound bites, quotes taken out of context and made up shit. It's who can come up with the most salacious headline to get the most clicks.

If I were an NBA player, I wouldn't give interviews. If the league forced me to, I'd give them the Marshawn Lynch "I'm just here so I don't get fined" treatment.

Now, you been around for a long time, so you know how it is. Just because a player come out now and say everything is good, doesn't mean it was. There have been plenty of times, when there are reports that there are problems within the locker room, and players say everything is good but to find out that there were actual problems.

Howard used to deny all the time that there was problems with him and Kobe. We all know the truth to that.

So, I don't buy this bullshit by Love that everything was lovely dovely. Why didn't he come out and say this, when multiple reliable sources were saying there were problems? Don't wait until yall start winning and playing good, to say something.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people on here and in the media discussing it is okay, but Lebron saying the exact same thing comes off as hating, even though his point is legit and we agree with it?

People on here and the media didn't lose out on the MVP. We aren't competing with Curry.

It's just certain unwritten rules, as a player, you don't speak up on another player's awards, stats, contracts, etc.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People on here and the media didn't lose out on the MVP. We aren't competing with Curry.

It's just certain unwritten rules, as a player, you don't speak up on another player's awards, stats, contracts, etc.

I want to know why Lebron didn't complain after he won any of his 4 MVPs. He's clearly jealous of Steph and the Warriors. That is pretty obvious. The Warriors are probably looking forward to kicking his sensitive ass next month

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. Curry's the MVP by however you want to judge it. He's a freak.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think thats awesome.

Gotta disagree here, strictly based upon the fact that people were crowning Lebron as the best far before he even won in the Finals. Even in the years where it was supposed to be Kobe vs Lebron in the Finals, with Bron and the Cavs coming up short, people still said that Lebron was the best. Also, the same for when he came up short against Dallas. I for one do think that Finals losses mean something(although I was argued to death that it didn't), but the result of the Finals won't determine who's currently the best imo. I think that is determined over a stretch of a time, and I've reached a point where I still think Lebron is great, but I think Curry has surpassed him. The result of the Finals will however give bragging rights to whomever wins. I do think we all are kind of getting ahead of ourselves as OKC isn't just going to go down without a fight

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know why Lebron didn't complain after he won any of his 4 MVPs. He's clearly jealous of Steph and the Warriors. That is pretty obvious. The Warriors are probably looking forward to kicking his sensitive ass next month

well, i'm gathering that it'll be a competitive series, but if I got MY wish the ass-whuppin' would be so horrendous the Cavs would need r*pe counseling...